SSC CGL Exam is conducted annually to select the talented young aspirants for the post of Officers, Accountants, Inspector, etc. With few weeks left for the exam, the candidates must be curious to know the things they must remember before SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Exam. The candidates must have wrapped up with the syllabus by now and it’s time to take the preparation to next level by following certain things.
Explore various important guidelines on this page about SSC CGL Exam 2017 that could put you ahead of the others in the competition. The conducting authority SSC issuing the CGL Admit Card / Hall tickets through the official portals and therefore registered aspirants must stay updated regarding any information from the Commission.
Let’s unfold 10 Things that we must remember for SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I Exam
1. SSC CGL Admit Card 2017
This is the most important thing one must not forget because without possessing the admit card/ hall ticket, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. SSC Admit Card will define your identity as a test-taker of CGL exam 2017. It also contains crucial information such as follows-
- Name and Address of candidate
- Roll Number
- Seat Number
- Date of Birth
- Name and address of the centre
- Date of examination
- Name of paper
- Reporting Time
- Guidelines for exam
2. Reach the Examination Hall on time
It is recommended to report at the examination hall 1 hour prior to the commencement of the examination. You must visit the examination centre once few days prior to the exam in order to estimate the time taken by you to reach the centre from home.
3. Important things to be carried on the day of exam
An aspirant must carry the important documents to the exam centre which are as follows-
- Two Photocopies of the SSC Admit Card 2017
- Two Recent passport size photographs
- Valid ID proof (Aadhar Card/ Voter ID card/ PAN card/ Driving License)
4. Revise everything up to the mark
As the examination dates are closing in, you must start revising each and every topic from authentic books published by reputed authors or publishers. Do not start any new topic few days before the exam as it would lead to confusion. Strive for perfection by mastering each and every topic.
5. Solve Sample Papers, Mock Tests and Previous Year Question Papers
Once you have done the thorough revision of the topics, start solving the sample papers to know the exam pattern, level of difficulty and language of questions. After knowing the type of questions asked in the exam, you can start solving the online mock tests to get a hang of online based exam. Google search previous year SSC CGL papers and solve each and every question to boost up your confidence.
6. Exam Pattern
Though you will get to know the exam pattern after solving the sample papers but you must go through the exam pattern once. Tier I exam is an online based examination which comprises of 4 sections namely Reasoning, General Awareness, Quant and English Comprehension. Each section has a weightage of 50 marks. The time allotted for the examination will be 1 hour.
7. Marking Scheme
Make a strategy before you appear for the exam. See which section can fetch you the maximum marks and work on the particular section the most which you find the most difficult. For each correct answer, you will be allocated 1 mark whereas negative marking of 0.5 mark will be allocated for an incorrect response.
8. Good Books for Revision
One must prefer authentic books for any entrance exam as such books along with exceptional content also contain frequently asked questions from the previous year. Look at the following section-wise list for good books for SSC CGL Preparation.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-veg all Reasoning- By RS Agarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Nonverbal by Arihant Publications
- Previous Year Questions Papers (Reasoning)
- SSC Reasoning Chapter wise solved papers 7200+ Objective, Question by Kiran publications
- General Knowledge by Lucent Publication
- Objective General Knowledge by Lucent Publication
- 14000 + Objective questions- General Studies by Manohar Pandey/ Arihant Publications
- Manorama Yearbook 2017
- Previous Year papers (GK)
- SSC General Awareness-Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997 to till date by Kiran Prakashan
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination by R.S. Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Rajesh Verma- Arihant Publications)
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M Tyra- BSC Publications
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant Publications)
- Objective General English ( RS Aggarwal)
- Word Power Made Easy (For Vocabulary)
9. Time management
Make a proper time-table for the revision and every other task you do during the preparation days. Keep a track of time when you are solving questions to adjudge your speed. Mark the answers within the time allotted for each response otherwise, you will lose marks for the particular question.
10. Be positive and Lift up your spirits
Do not panic thinking about the exam rather relieve the stress by doing the activities you enjoy the most. When odd thoughts pop out, try to engage yourself in some activity such as listening to music, reading novels, watching movies, etc. Do not worry about the result rather strive to pose a healthy competition to others with self-confidence.