AP TET 2018 is conducted for the candidates who aspire to become Teachers for Classes I to VIII in all Schools (Govt. / ZP / MP / Municipal /Recognized Pvt. Aided & Pvt. Un-Aided etc.,) in the State of Andhra Pradesh. The minimum qualifications to become a teacher includes a Pass in Teacher Eligibility Test (TET). Govt of Andhra Pradesh conducts Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) at least once every year for all persons. The exam was conducted from February 21 to March 03, 2018. Candidates who appeared in the exam can now check answer keys. Then, on March 19, 2018, APTET Result 2018 is going to be announced. AP TET 2018 consist of two examination paper – I and Paper – II. Paper – I is for Candidates applying for Class I to V and Paper – II is for Class VI to VIII. Candidates can check complete details of AP TET 2018 from the article below.
- APTET Results Answer Response Sheet has been released, check it from the “Answer Key” page.
- AP TET 2018 Exam is conducted successfully. Final Answer Key of AP TET 2018 Exam has been released. Check Here.
AP TET 2018
AP TET 2018 is scheduled to held from February 21 to March 03, 2018. After the successful completion of the Examination process answer keys and the Final result has been released on the official website. The table below consists of all the important events and their schedules for the examination. Students can refer to the table below to get a brief idea of the timeline of the exam.
|Online submission of application||18 Dec 2017 to 22 Jan 2018|
|Application fee submission||18 Dec to 20 Jan 2018|
|Online mock test||23 Jan 2018 onwards|
|Downloading of hall ticket||10 Feb 2018|
|Schedule of AP TET 2018 exam paper 1 and paper 2||21 Feb to 03 Mar 2018|
|Objection and Initial Answer key||04 to 09 Mar 2018|
|Final Answer key||12 Mar 2018|
|Final Result||19 Mar 2018|
AP TET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates at the time of applying for AP-TET should be in possession of the following minimum qualifications prescribed for the category of I to V classes (Paper- I) and VI to VIII classes (Paper – II) separately
Minimum Qualifications For AP – TET Paper – I (Classes I To V):
- Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks. However, in case of SC/ ST/ BC/ Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%. AND pass in 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks. In respect of SC/ ST/ BC/ Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 40%. AND pass in 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education. (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education (Special Education) in case of the candidates, who have passed or admitted to D.El.Ed / D.Ed., course prior to issue of these guidelines.
Minimum Qualifications For AP – TET Paper – II (Classes VI To VIII):
- B.A./B.Sc./B.Com., with at least 50% marks. In case of SC/ST/BC/Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%. AND pass in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed -Special Education).
- B.A./B.Sc./B.Com., with at least 50% marks. In respect of SC/ ST/ BC/ Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 40%. AND pass in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed -Special Education) in case of the candidates, who have passed or admitted to B.Ed., course prior to issue of these guidelines.
- 4-year B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed., with at least 50% marks, in case of SC/ ST/ BC/ Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%.
- Graduation with Language concerned as one of the Optional Subjects (OR) Bachelor of Oriental Language (or its equivalent) (OR) Graduation in Literature (OR) Post Graduation in Language concerned AND Language Pandit Training Certificate/ B.Ed with Language concerned as one of the Methodologies, in respect of Language Teachers.
- The candidates pursuing B.Ed/D.Ed 2016-2018 are also eligible for applying for TET-2017 and also pursuing candidate Language Pandits 2017-2018.
- The candidates, who are appearing in the final year of Bachelor of Education (OR) Diploma in Elementary Education etc., are also eligible to appear for TET exam subject to the condition that the candidates cannot appear for DSC with this TET certificate, unless the candidates acquire the requisite qualification.
- A Diploma/ Degree course in Teacher Education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed. (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
- Intermediate qualification of Board of Intermediate Education (BIE) of Andhra Pradesh State or its equivalent as recognized by BIE, Andhra Pradesh State only shall be considered. So also the Bachelor’s Degree of a University Recognized by UGC only shall be considered.
AP TET 2018 Application Form
The Application Process for AP TET 2018 started from December 18, 2017. Candidates are advised to carefully go through the eligibility criteria before applying for AP TET 2018. The application form is completely online any other mode of Application will not be entertained. Candidates must fill the form completely and Submit it on or before the last date otherwise their application will be rejected.
Candidates who fail to submit their duly filled application form before the last scheduled date were not eligible to appear in the exam. Hence, candidates need to carefully fill and submit their application forms making sure that all the information provided by them in the application form is authentic.
AP TET 2018 Admit Card
AP TET 2018 Admit Card issued on the official website from February 10, 2018. Candidates who have submitted the Application form complete in all respect could download their Admit Card from the official website or from the link which provided here as per the official announcement.
Admit card contained important details like Candidates Name, Reg No, Examination Venue, Date and exam time e.t.c. Candidates are advised to carry it along with them to the exam hall. Candidates without a valid admit card were not been allowed to enter in the examination hall.
Note: Candidates had to carry an authorised and valid government id proof along with them on the day of examination.
AP TET 2018 Exam Pattern
The structure and content of the TET is given in the following paragraphs. All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each carrying One Mark, with four alternatives out of which One Answer will be correct. There will be no Negative Marking.
There will be Two Papers for the TET Paper-I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes I to V, Paper-II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes VI to VIII. A person who intends to be a Teacher either for Classes I to V or for Classes VI to VIII shall have to appear in both Papers (Paper I and Paper II).
- No. of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) – 150
- Duration of Examination: 2 hours and 30 minutes:
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language II (English)||30||30|
- No. of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)– 150
- Duration of Examination: 2 hours and 30 minutes
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language II (English)||30||30|
|(A) For Mathematics & Science Teachers (Mathematics and Science )||60||60|
|(B) For Social Studies Teacher||60||60|
|For any other Teacher – Either (A) or (B)|
Medium Of Question Paper
The Question Paper shall be bilingual (i.e). English followed by the Language-I chosen by the candidates for all Languages except Sanskrit. For the candidates choosing Sanskrit, the questions shall be in Telugu followed by Sanskrit (Devanagari Script).
Qualifying Marks In Tet, Issue Of Memos/ Certificates And Their Validity
The qualifying marks for different categories are as shown below:
- General – 60% and above
- BC – 50% and above
- SC / ST / Differently abled & Ex-Servicemen – 40% and above
The validity of Certificates shall be for a period of 7 years from the date of TET concerned as per CTET. A person who has qualified in TET examination may appear again for improving his/her scores in subsequent years. The said certificates will be given in digital format.
AP TET 2018 Result
AP TET 2018 Result will be announced on March 19, 2018, on the official website of SCERT, Andhra Pradesh i.e aptet.cgg.gov.in. AP TET 2018 is scheduled to be held on February 21 to March 03, 2018. The result will be announced on the basis of final answer keys to be published on the official website after entertaining objection(if any) against the provisional answer keys to be published after the exam. For more details of AP TET 2018 Result check Quick Link Sections.
Weightage Of TET Scores In The Teacher Recruitment Of The State
A 20% Weightage to TET scores shall be provided in the Teacher Recruitment of the State Government, balance 80% weightage will be for Written Test in Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) based on which selection lists shall be prepared.
However, mere qualifying the TET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/ employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for Teacher appointment.