ARS Exam 2018 – After skipping one year, ASR Recruitment Entrance Examination has announced again. It is conducted by Agriculture Scientist Recruitment Board Service (ASRB) to recruit Scientist in Agriculture Research Service (ARS) of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). Candidates are advised to read the notification carefully before filling the online application form. All those candidates desirous of appearing for ARS Examination are required to take both the Preliminary and Mains Examination and viva-voce. Candidates passing the pre-exam will only be allowed for ARS Examination Main 2018. The recruitment if released against 195 vacancies of Scientists and for the award of NET certificates. Check more dates and details about ARS Exam 2018 from here.
Latest: The Notice regarding the Result has been released. Check it from the “Result” page link.
ARS Exam 2018
The ARS (Preliminary) Examination is a qualifying examination and its marks will not be carried forward for determining the final merit of the candidates.
|ARM Examination 2018||Important Dates|
|Application Form available from||08 Feb 2018|
|The last date to submit the application form||02 Mar 2018|
|ARS Admit Card||21 Mar 2018|
|ARR Preliminary Exam due from||06 to 10 Apr 2018|
|Farm Machinery and Power (code-51)|
|Admit Card for Paper code-51||15 Apr 2018|
|Preliminary Exam Result||3rd week of May 2018|
|ARR 2018 Main exam||24 Jun 2018|
The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) will hold a combined ARS 2018 (Preliminary) Examination in online mode at 23 Centres across India in a staggered slot-wise examination format as per the Rules and Scheme of Examination.
No. of Vacancies: 195
Pay Grade: Pay Band III of Rs. 15600-39100, additional Grade Pay of Rs. 6000.
ARS Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates planning to apply for the recruitment should note that the candidates need to satisfy the eligibility criteria of ASR exam. Ineligible candidates will not be recruited.
Candidates must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugee, Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar) Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years but not have attained the age of 32 years as on 01.01.2018.
- Candidates must have Master’s Degree in the concerned Discipline. Also, the specialization of the candidates must end before June 24, 2018.
- The candidates having Master’s degree from a foreign University must attach a certificate of equivalence and recognition of that degree issued by the University Grants Commission/ Government of India / any other concerned Government of India / Department or Agency.
ARS Exam 2018 Application Form
The application form for ARS 2018 was only available online. A candidate seeking admission to the Examination must have applied online in the prescribed Application Form available on the website: www.asrb.org.in. A candidate must read the provisions, contained in this Notification for Combined ARS 2018 Examination carefully and abide by the same. A candidate must have fulfiled all the conditions of eligibility regarding age limits, educational qualifications, etc. prescribed for admission to the examination. The link to fill the application form was provided on this page.
The application fee for ARS examination is as below. The candidates can submit the fee amount through Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card, or Challan.
|S.No.||Category||Fee only for ASR||Fee for ASR and ASRB|
|1.||Unreserved (UR)||Rs. 500||Rs. 1500|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Rs. 500||Rs. 1000|
|3.||Schedule Caste (SC)||None||Rs. 250|
|4.||Schedule Tribes (ST)||None||Rs. 250|
Revised Discipline and Code Number: Click here to check the revised discipline and code number of NET and ARS examination.
ARS Exam 2018 Paper Pattern
The exam pattern of ARS exam 2018 will be as below:
- The examination will be held online mode in at 23 Centres across India in a staggered slot-wise examination format.
- Candidates, who will qualify Pre and Main will be called for Viva-Voce.
- Preliminary exam will be for 2 hours, whereas the duration of ARS Mains 2018 will be 3 hours
- Questions in Pre exam will be of the objective type of 150 marks.
- In the Main exam, the candidates will have to attempt descriptive type questions of 240 marks
- Viva-Voce will be of 60 marks.
- 1/3 marks will be deducted for negative marking.
ARS Exam 2018 Cutoff
In order to qualify the examination, the candidates will have to score more than the minimum qualifying marks.
ARS cutoff for preliminary examination:
|S.No.||Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|1.||Unreserved (UR)||67.5 (45%)|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||60 (40%)|
ARS 2018 Selection Procedure
The selection of the candidates will only be done on the basis of the score secured in the examination.
- First, the candidates will have to qualify the preliminary exam.
- The qualifiers will then be allowed to take ARS Main 2018 exam.
- The qualifiers of Mains will be called for Viva-Voice and then the final selection will be done.
For more details of ARS 2018, candidates can refer to the official notification.