Assam Police To Hold PST, PET for Constable, Firemen Recruitment 2020: The State Level Police Recruitment Board (SLPRB) of Assam is conducting a recruitment program in 2020. The recruitment is for 1269 vacant posts of constable, sub-officer, firemen and emergency rescuers in the APRO and Fire & Emergency Services of Assam. Eligible applicants to the recruitment are to be selected through rigorous physical rounds to qualify for the written exam. The physical rounds consist of a Physical Standard Test (PST) and a Physical Efficiency Test (PET). In this article, we provide the complete details of the PST and PET of Assam Police Recruitment 2020. Read on to find out more.
Assam Police To Hold PST, PET for Constable, Firemen Recruitment 2020
Physical selection rounds are very common across all recruitments for defense and emergency services. For the Assam Police Recruitment 2020, applicants have to undertake a qualifying PST and a PET carrying 40 marks. Check out the important dates and events below.
|Release of official notice||18 Feb 2020|
|Application start date||25 Feb 2020|
|Last date to apply||15 Mar 2020|
|Admit card release||To be announced|
|Date of PST/PET||To be announced|
|Date of exam||To be announced|
Selection process of Assam Police Recruitment 2020
Assam Police 2020 recruitment is to be conducted through physical rounds and written examination to assess the suitability of candidates for final appointment. In addition, candidates are also required to qualify through the medical examination. Read about the main stages of the selection process below.
Candidates are to provisionally selected for further assessment based on the applications submitted by them. Based on the information furnished in the application form, admit cards are issued to the candidates to appear in the PST/PET and written exam.
Physical Standard Test (PST)
All candidates must qualify in the PST which is itself qualifying in nature. It does not carry any marks. The physical standards are to be measured and assessed as per the minimum standards set by the SLPRB in the official notification. Candidates are also to be examined for various medical deformities as mentioned below during the PST.
- Knock knee
- Vision test
- Colour blindness
- Flat foot
- Varicose vein
- Other physical deformities
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
All applicants have to qualify in the PET which carries 40 marks. Candidates shortlisted through the PST are eligible to appear in the PET. The PET consists of two events viz. race and long jump. Both male and female candidates are required to appear and qualify in the events of the PET.
Candidates who qualify in the PST and PET are eligible to appear in the written examination. The written examination is for total marks of 50. Examinees have to answer 100 objective type questions carrying 0.5 marks each. There is no negative marking in the written test. Check out the main subjects of the written test below.
- Elementary arithmetic
- General english
- Logical reasoning/mental ability
- History, geography, polity and economy of Assam
- General knowledge and current affairs
Standards of the PST for Assam Police Recruitment 2020
The Physical Standards Test is for the measurement of the physical features of applicants. The physical features such as height, weight, chest expansion, etc. should comply with the minimum standards as specified by the SLPRB Assam for the 2020 recruitment. Check out the specified minimum physical standards below.
|General||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|OBC||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|MOBC||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|SC||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|ST (H)||160.02 cm||152.40 cm|
|ST (P)||160.02 cm||152.40 cm|
Chest (for male only)
|General||80 cm||85 cm|
|OBC||80 cm||85 cm|
|MOBC||80 cm||85 cm|
|SC||80 cm||85 cm|
|ST (P)||80 cm||85 cm|
|ST (H)||78 cm||83 cm|
Events of the PET for Assam Police Recruitment 2020
Candidates qualifying in the PST are eligible to appear in the PET. The Physical Efficiency Test consists of two main events viz. race and long jump. Both male and female candidates have to participate and qualify in the events of the PET. Check out the details of the event below for both male and female candidates.
Events of PET (Male)
- Race: Male candidates have to complete a race of 3200 meters within 14 minutes (840 seconds).
- Long jump: Male candidates have to complete a 335 cm long jump within 03 attempts.
Check out the marking criteria for the PET events (Male) below
Events of PET (Female)
- Race: Female candidates must complete a 1600 meters race within 08 minutes (480 seconds).
- Long jump: Female candidates must complete a long jump of 244 cm in 03 attempts.
Check out the marking criteria for the PET events (Female) below
Procedure for PST & PET Assam Police Recruitment 2020
The following important points are notified by the SLPRB in the official notification related to the PST & PET.
- Candidates have to qualify in each criteria/event of the PST/PET. The sequence of the events are decided by the selection committee.
- Qualifying candidates are to receive statement of marks on spot at the venue of the PST/PET.
- Disqualified candidates are handed over rejection slips at the venue.
- All PSTs and PETs are conducted under continuous camera surveillance with time stamps for evidence.
- Candidates are required to undergo biometric recordings post the completion of PST/PET.
- The final results of the PST and PET are to be announced and displayed at the end of the test on each day.