Bank of Maharashtra is going to conduct an online Exam for the post of Clerical Grade on 26th October 2016 (Wednesday) and Probationary Officers exam, which is on 28 October 2016.
Here are some concrete points which will act as pillars of your preparation
Remember – Opportunity and preparation when go hand in hand success is sure to come. You have opportunity waiting for you on 26 or 28 October; all you need to do is work hard.
How to prepare for Bank of Maharashtra exam 2016 in the last minute? In this article you will read all the important instructions regarding your last minute preparation.
- Please note carefully your Roll number , User Id & Password , Category date & time venue for the examination given in the call letter.
- Reach your exam centre at least 30 mins before – You will be not allowed to sit in examination centre if you turn up late.
- Affix firmly your recent passport size photograph in the space provided in the call letter and bring it with you along with photo identity proof in original and a photocopy when you come to the venue for the examination
- Follow the instructions given by the Invigilators carefully if you violate the rules you will be disqualified or even you will be asked to leave the examination centre
- Calculator, Mobile phone, note books, watch, pagers will not be allowed in the examination centre.
- Carry some stationary with you like ball pen pencil with you.
- Do your rough work on the sheet given by the authority itself – before leaving give that sheet to the invigilator.
Important documents – you need to carry
- Call Letter with your recent size your photograph (which should be the same as uploaded in the online application form)
- Photo identity proof such as passport /PAN Card/Driving License /bank passbook with photograph /photo identity proof issued by the Gazetted Officers or Identity card issued by a recognised college/ University/Adhar Card with photograph/ Employee ID in original as well as Photo copy
- Ration – Card will not be accepted’
Before going to further details let us have a look at the exam pattern
|Name of test||Number of questions||Max marks||Composite time|
|Reasoning ability||50||50||120 minutes|
|General awareness with special references to banking industry||50||50|
- Negative marking – ¼ per wrong answer
- Duration – 2 hours
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of online examination and also minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview.
Depending on the number of minimum eligible candidates available, cut-off will be decided by the bank and candidates will be short listed for interview.
Note : The questions in objective tests except for the Test of English will be printed in bilingual, i.e. English and Hindi. The candidates shall be required to qualify in each objective test as per cut-off marks determined on the basis of Group Performance in each test. There will be negative marks for the wrong answers in the Objective Tests. PERSONAL INTERVIEW Candidates qualifying in the online test
** Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of online examination and also minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of minimum eligible candidates available, cut-off will be decided by the bank and candidates will be short listed for interview. Note : The questions in objective tests except for the Test of English will be printed in bilingual, i.e. English and Hindi. The candidates shall be required to qualify in each objective test as per cut-off marks determined on the basis of Group Performance in each test. There will be negative marks for the wrong answers in the Objective Tests. b) PERSONAL INTERVIEW Candidates qualifying in the online test.
Suggestions for each section
|Name of paper||Number of questions||Type of questions||Instructions|
||If you find yourself stuck in some puzzle or you have a doubt in some question, it’s better to leave it than to have a negative marking|
||If you feel like reading comprehension will take time leave that for the end. Fill in the blank, spotting errors are easier as compare d to other questions. Try to do that first before jumping to the difficult ones.|
|General Awareness with reference to banking industry||50||The latest happenings in or around the world (government scheme, awards, honors, recent appointments)||You cannot improve your GK within 1 day by cramming! What you can do now is brush up some major events. In exam, do mark those questions which you are sure of. Avoid guess work!!|
||If you have done good practice that means this section is yours|
Sample Questions – we are providing you with some sample questions – try to solve them!!
TEST I : Reasoning Ability
Q. “Day” is related to “Night” in the same way as “Kind” is related to –––––
(1) Cruel (2) Bright (3) Dark (4) Generous (5) Gratitude
Q. If the letters in the word TOPS can be rearranged to form a meaningful word beginning with O, the last letter of that word is your answer. If more than one such word can be formed, M is the answer and if no such word can be formed, X is the answer.
(1) T (2) P (3) M (4) S (5) X
Test – II English Language
Q. He quickly glanced ………………………… the book to find what it said about the Indian economy.
(1) at (2) through (3) in (4) to (5) over
Q. The counsel urged the court to ……………………… down the obnoxious law.
(1) enact (2) enforce (3) cancel (4) strike (5) declare
Q. The local official ……………………… the Minister of the situation.
(1) explained (2) warned (3) apprised (4) told (5) intimated
Test III : General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry
Q. To combat the menace of money laundering, which of the following financial institutions has introduced the ‘Know Your Customer’ Scheme ?
(1) SBI (2) RBI (3) NABARD (4) SIDBI (5) Other than those given as options
Q. Which of the following sectors contributes maximum in deciding the growth in income of the states in India ?
(1) Energy (2) Tourism (3) Service (4) Transport (5) Agriculture
Q. Which of the following is the state where the number of people living below poverty line is maximum ?
(1) Bihar (2) Andhra Pradesh (3) Uttar Pradesh (4) Rajasthan (5) Odisha
Q. OSCAR awards are given for best performance in which of the following field ? (1) Motion Picture (2) Literature (3) Sports (4) Science & Technology (5) Social Service
Test IV : Quantitative Aptitude
Q. At rupees each, how much will 6 lemons cost ?
(1) 6 (2) 10 (3) 60 (4) 61 (5) 610
Q. Which of the following can be exact multiple of 4 ?
(1) 27114 (2) 58204 (3) 48402 (4) 32286 (5) Other than those given as options
Q. If the profit made by selling a pen for Rs.10 is as much as its cost, what is the cost price of the pen ?
(1) Rs.3/- (2) Rs.5/- (3) Rs.10/- (4) Rs.20/- (5) Other than those given as options
We are wrapping up this article with some small but important guidelines.
|Read the questions carefully|
|Time management – try to complete your exam on time – leave that questions in which you are not sure – remember there will be negative marking –|
|Go through all the Gk latest updates from news channel , internet – Practice Previous samp;e papers And mock test and Question Paper|
|Don’t take stress – be calm – carry all your important documents with you reach your examination centre before 30 mins|
|Sleep well – take proper rest , food and drink plenty of water|
Someone has rightly said “ Proper Preparation prevents poor performance”
Keep in mind all the necessary Points – Do well in exam
Aglasem wishes you All the very Best for your Exam !!
Best of Luck !!
Contributors:- Alisha Dara