Bharat Broadband Network Limited is a Special Purpose Vehicle set up under Companies Act by Government of India with a sanctioned capital of Rs. 1000 Cr. It has been assigned to create the National Optical Fiber Network (NOFN) in India.
A total of around 2,50,000 Gram Panchayats spread over 6,600 Blocks and 641 Districts are to be covered by laying incremental fiber. The timeline for this ambitious project is two years. The project cost is estimated to be about 20,000 Cr which will be funded by the USO fund.
About the Company
Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), set up by the Government of India under the Administrative Ministry of Communication & IT, Department of Telecommunications for the initiation, management and operation of National Optical Fibre Network (NOFN). BBNL has been assimilated on 25 Feb 2012 as a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) / Company under the Companies Act, 1956 The Authorized Share Capital of Rs. 1000 Cr. The paid up capital of the Company is Rs. Sixty Crores and Thirty.
The company has been granted National Long Distance Operating (NLDO) license by DOT 01 Apr 2013.
BBNL has been granted ISP Category “A” License (All India) on 29 Dec 2014.
Objectives of the Company
- To carry on the business of establishment, management and operation of National Optical Fibre Network (NOFN) which has been envisaged by the Government of India to provide high speed broadband connectivity to all gram panchayats.
- To provide access to bandwidth in a non discriminatory manner to all eligible service providers to enable them to provide services in rural areas.
BBNL is a large PSU and has various career prospectives for freshers. A B.Tech graduate can apply to BBNL. BBNL is always looking for fresh talent & every year a large number of graduates and post graduates apply to BBNL. Candidates should have completed their Graduation in the concerned discipline & apply. GATES is a gateway to get into BBNL.
Where to Apply
Applicants can keep a check of the job openings in BEML by Clicking here
Instructions to Apply Online:
- Login through the website “http://www.bbnl.nic.in/index.aspx”.
- Click on Careers –> Vacancies
- Select desired post & click on online link.
- Fill all the details carefully & submit the form.
- Take printout of online application for future use.
Why to Join
BEML is a great organization for freshers because:
- Interaction with leading global companies
- Good work culture
- Decent Pay-scale
|Size||51 to 200 employees|
If there is any query regarding BEML Recruitment, please ask in comments below.