UGC NET 2018 – On behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is conducts UGC NET. The CBSE UGC NET July 2018 was held on July 08, 2018, to determine the eligibility of candidates for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship or both. National Eligibility Test (NET) 2018 is being held for 99 subjects at 91 cities in India. Get here complete details of UGC NET 2018 including notification, exam date, application form, syllabus, previous year question papers.
Latest: UGC NET 2018 Answer Key by CBSE is now available. Get it from the “answer key” link below.
UGC NET 2018
UGC will award Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and eligibility for Assistant Professor to candidates on basis of their performance in both NET papers in aggregate. However, candidates who qualify only for Assistant Professor will not be awarded JRF. Those who qualify NET 2018 for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by rules of Asst. Prof recruitment in the concerned institution. Whereas those who qualify for the award of JRF will be eligible to get fellowship subject to finding the job in institutes.
UGC NET 2018 Important Dates
An initial notification stating date of National Eligibility Test to be held in July was published in January. After that, complete notification was published in February. Application form of CBSE UGC NET July 2018 can be filled in a one-month window from March to April. Only those successfully submit form can correct form particulars during form correction. Thereafter admit card for UGC NET 2018 will be released in June. After exam, CBSE will announce UGC NET 2018 Result indicating score, cut off, and status of qualifying. All important dates of UGC NET 2018 for all these important activities are as follows.
|UGC NET 2018||Important dates|
|Commencement of online application form||05 Mar 2018|
|Last date to apply online|
|Last date to submit fee in bank through challan|
|Download admit card||21 Jun 2018|
|Date of exam||08 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of result||Sep 2018|
UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check eligibility criteria before applying. Complete eligibility criteria of CBSE UGC NET July 2018 are as follows.
- Candidates must have at least 55% marks in masters degree or 50% marks if they belong to SC / ST / OBC / PWD category.
- Those who are pursuing masters degree or those who have appeared (final year) and are waiting for result are also eligible. However they will be admitted provisionally and they will be eligible for JRF / eligibility for Assistant Professor only after passing masters degree with 55% marks at least or 50% marks if they belong to SC/ST/OBC/PwD. They should complete masters degree within 2 years of declaration of UGC NET 2018 result.
- Transgender candidates also get same relaxation in age, fee. Qualifying criteria as SC/ST/PwD/OBC.
- Those who have PhD degree whose masters level was completed by September 19, 1991 will be eligible for 5% relaxation in aggregate marks for NET.
- Candidates must appear in that NET exam subject for which they did post graduation. If your subject is not in subjects list then you can appear in a related subject.
- JRF: Candidates must not be more than 30 years old as on July 01, 2018.
- SC / ST / OBC / PwD / Transgender / women candidates get a relaxation of 5 years.
- Those candidates who have research experience, limited to period spent on research in relevant field, will get relaxation subject to maximum 5 years upon showing relevant certificates.
- Candidates possessing LLM degree will get 3 years age relaxation.
- Those who have served armed forces upto first day of month in which UGC NET is being held will get up to 5 years relaxation.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professor.
Exemption for eligibility for Assistant Professor
NET / SET / SLET are minimum eligibility condition for recruitment of Assistant Professors. Exemptions from NET / SET / SLET are as per UGC regulations.
- Those who have passed UGC or CSIR JRF prior to 1989 are exempt from NET.
- Those who have cleared SET accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to June 01, 2002 are exempt from NET.
- If you have cleared SET after June 01, 2002 then you are eligible for Assistant Professor in institutes of that state only.
UGC NET 2018 Application Form
Candidates can fill and submit application form of UGC NET 2018 from March 05 to April 12, 2018, at cbsenet.nic.in.
|SC / ST /PWD / Transgender||Rs 250|
|OBC NCL||Rs 500|
|All others||Rs 1000|
Candidates can pay the fee using any one of these modes namely credit card/debit card / e-challan.
Payment through e-challan can be done in Syndicate / Canara / ICICI bank.
Those who pay the fee through credit card or debit card will also have to pay the additional processing fee as follows.
- Credit card – 1.2%
- Debit card – 0.75%
Candidates can apply for CBSE UGC NET July 2018 in online mode only. The official website for form submission is cbsenet.nic.in.
Before applying, candidates must have photograph and signature of following specifications ready.
|Photograph||JPG||4 kb – 40 kb||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Signature||JPG||4 kb – 30 kb||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
UGC NET 2018 Application Form Correction
Candidates can make corrections in application form of CBSE UGC NET July 2018 from April 25 to May 01, 2018. Form correction can be done at cbsenet.nic.in by logging in. The board does not entertain requests for editing any details in application form other than this. It is important to ensure that all details in application form are correct and same as in your official documents.
UGC NET 2018 New Exam Pattern
There are some changes to exam pattern of UGC NET. Candidates should note new pattern here.
|CBSE UGC NET July 2018||Paper I||Paper II|
|Number of questions||50||100|
|Marks per question||2||2|
|Type of question||Objective||Objective|
|Compulsory||All are compulsory||All are compulsory|
|Time||1 hour (09:30 AM – 10:30 AM)||2 hours (11:00 AM – 01:00 PM)|
|Subject||General nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate||Based on the subject selected by the candidate|
Paper II will now cover entire syllabi of earlier Paper II and Paper III (including all electives, without options).
UGC NET Syllabus 2018
Candidates can download complete syllabus of CBSE UGC NET July 2018 from https://www.ugc.ac.in/net/syllabus.aspx. It is also available in libraries of Indian universities.
NET examination subjects
UGC NET 2018 Admit Card
CBSE will issue admit card of CBSE UGC NET July 2018 in the third week of June at cbsenet.nic.in. Candidates will not receive admit card/hall ticket by post or any other means. All those who will have applied for National Eligibility Test 2018 should login to download hall ticket before exam.
Admit card contains important details including venue of exam. Candidates need to appear for UGC NET 2018 exam only at assigned exam center.
Candidates need to bring printout of UGC NET 2018 admit card and photo identity card on day of exam.
UGC NET 2018 Result
The procedure and criteria of declaration of UGC NET Result 2018 will be as follows.
Step I: 6% of candidates appeared in both papers of NET will be qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Step II: Different categories are allocated total slots as per reservation rules of Government of India.
Step III: Candidates must obtain at least 40% marks aggregate in both papers taken together or 35% marks in case of SC / ST / OBC / PWD / Transgender to be eligible for both JRF and Assistant Professor and eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
Step IV: The following method will be used to calculate the number of candidates to be declared qualified in any subject for a particular category.
Number of candidates to be declared qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor in subject Economics (say) for Scheduled Caste (SC) category = (Number of candidates belonging to SC category who secure at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together x Total slots for SC category for Economics as per Step II) / Total number of candidates belonging to SC category over all subjects who secure at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together.
Step V: Consideration zone for JRF will be all the candidates who had applied for eligibility for JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor both, out of the total number of qualified candidates as per Step IV.
Step VI: Different categories get slots available for awarding JRF as per reservation rules of Government of India. Procedure for category wise allocation of JRF is as follows.
Number of candidates to be declared qualified for JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor in subject Economics (say) for Scheduled Tribe (ST) category = (Number of candidates belonging to ST category who have opted for JRF and have qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor in Economics (say) x Total slots for ST category for JRF) / Total number of candidates belonging to ST category over all subjects who have opted for JRF and have qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
UGC NET Cut Off 2018
The qualifying cut off for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in that subject will be determined by the aggregate percentage of two papers corresponding to the number of slots arrived at.
To know more about CBSE UGC NET July 2018, download information brochure here.