The UPSC CDS 1 Answer Key 2018 will be published by the Union Public Service Commission. The Commission conducts the exam for Combined Defence Services (CDS) twice a year, namely CDS 1 and CDS 2. CDS 1 is scheduled to be held on February 04, 2018. The CDS exam is conducted for admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Officers Training Academy for Men and Women. The UPSC will prepare a list of candidates who qualify the written exam and are eligible to appear for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board.
The Commission will release the CDS 1 Answer Key for all the sets, i.e, English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. The Answer key shall be available in pdf format at the official website of the Commission. The candidate will be able to cross check their answers with that given in the CDS Answer Key 2018. Also, applicants can estimate their chances of qualifying the examination. The calculation of marks should be done as per the marking scheme given by the Commission. Candidates can check more details regarding the CDS Answer Key 2018 in the article below.
UPSC CDS 1 Answer Key 2018
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
The candidate shall also raise objection against the officially released Answer Key. On the basis of the objection raised, a final answer key will be published. Check the exam date and expected schedule for publishing the answer key in the table below.
|Events||UPSC CDS (1) 2018|
|Date of exam||04 Feb 2018|
|Issue of answer keys||After exam|
|Declaration of written exam result||March / April 2018|
Answer Key: The applicants can check or download the CDS 2018 Answer Key on www.upsc.gov.in
CDS 2018 Exam Analysis
Since the exam for CDS (1) 2018 is yet to be held, the candidates can check previous year exam analysis as given below.
Previous Year’s Exam Analysis for CDS 1
The UPSC CDS I Exam 2017 paper was of the moderate level of difficulty. Check the complete analysis of each section here:
|Name of the subject||Level of Difficult||Good Attempts|
Types of UPSC CDS 2018 Answer Key
The candidate should note that there are two kinds of Answer Key which are available for CDS 01 2018. These are as follows:
- Official Answer Key – This type of Answer Key is released by the exam conducting authority at its official website. The official answer key is usually available for download a day or two after the exam or is sometimes released after a week. However, yet it is reliable and more authentic.
- Unofficial Answer Key: This kind of Answer Key is released by Coaching Institutes. They are available for download on the day of the exam itself. However, the students can cross-check their answer from the unofficial answer key, till the time, the official body does not release its answer key.
How to download UPSC CDS I Answer Key 2018
The candidate can download the answer key for CDS 1 exam 2018 by simply following the instructions given below:
- Click on the link which will be given on this page to download the answer key
- The Answer Key shall be available in pdf format.
- It is advisable to the candidate to download the answer key and then start cross-checking their answers.
Unofficial answer key of CDS 1 will be released on the day of the exam and will be provided here:
The Candidates will be able to download the official answer key from the table below:
|UPSC CDS (1) 2018 Question Paper Set||UPSC CDS (1) 2018 Answer Key|
|CDS 1 2018 English||Click here for CDS English Answer key – Available Soon!|
|CDS 1 2018 General Knowledge||Click here for CDS GK Answer key – Available Soon!|
|CDS 1 2018 Elementary Mathematics||Click here for CDS Maths Answer key – Available Soon!|
How to calculate marks using the Answer Key?
The calculation of marks is to be done as per the marking scheme given by UPSC for CDS 1. Check the marking scheme below:
- There are four alternatives for the answer to every question.
- For every correct answer, the candidates need to add 01 marks.
- Since there is a negative marking, in case of an incorrect answer, the candidate need to deduct 0.33 marks.
- If a candidate has given more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will be the same penalty as above for that question.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
The formula to calculate Final Score shall be as follows:
Estimated Score = (Total number of correct responses x 1) – (Number of wrong answer x 0.33)
UPSC CDS 1 2018 Result and Selection Criteria
The Commission will announce the result of the written exam at its official website. The selection procedure comprises of written examination, interview/intelligence test/personality test, document verification and medical examination. The candidates qualifying the written test will have to appear for the interview and the group discussion. The interview shall be held for a duration of five days. After the declaration of result, a two-stage selection procedure will be conducted by Service Selection Board (SSB). The two-stage selection procedure is based on based Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test. Those who will qualify both the stages will have to appear for document verification and medical examination.
UPSC CDS 2018 Cut Off
The candidate needs to obtain minimum qualifying marks in order to qualify the written exam. The cutoff score for UPSC CDS 1 2018 is yet to be announced. However, candidates may refer to the previous year’s cut off for written exam in the table below:
Exam Pattern for CDS 1 2018
- Mode of the examination: Written exam
- Duration of the exam: 02 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Medium of the Test: The p aper will be set in both English and Hindi Language
For admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
For admission to Officers’ Training Academy