CG SET Preparation 2022- Chhattisgarh State Eligibility Test (CG SET) is an annual statewide exam conducted by Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CPEB). Aspirants who are willing to appear for CG SET exam should start their preparation now. They can start with CG SET syllabus and exam pattern to understand the basics of the exam. Thereafter, practise with previous year question papers and best books for CG SET. Candidates can also find subject wise tips and tricks which will help them to prepare for CG SET 2022.
CG SET Preparation 2022
It is necessary to go through the CG SET exam syllabus and pattern to understand the weightage and mark distribution of the individual subjects. Moreover, this will help the candidate formulate an effective strategy. However candidates should devote their most productive hours of the day towards preparation, this would increase their efficiency.
CG SET Exam – Preparation Tips & Tricks
CG SET is a competitive exam to crack it the candidate must be well prepared and ahead of their peers. The best way to achieve that is to prepare for CG SET specifically. Paper I tests the extent of the candidate’s general awareness. Moreover, this paper is used to assess the candidate’s research or teaching aptitude.
- To excel in Paper I of CG SET candidates must prepare on topics like logical reasoning, comprehension, general knowledge and divergent thinking problems.
- CG SET Paper II will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- The sure shot way to ace CG SET (both papers) is by practising solving previous year question papers and attempting mock tests.
- Candidates should improve their speed and accuracy since CG SET is an MCQ based exam. Mock tests help greatly with this aspect.
CG SET Exam Preparation Books
- General knowledge by Lucent
- General knowledge – Arihant
- Quantitative aptitude – R. S. Aggarwal
- Logical reasoning and data interpretation for CAT – N. K. Sinha
- A modern approach for logical reasoning – R. S. Aggarwal
- Objective general English – S. P. Bakshi
- NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude by Pearson.
- Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper I – Teaching & Research Aptitude 2020 Edition.
Recommended: List of Best books for CG SET
CG SET Syllabus 2022
Given below is a brief overview of the subjects added to the syllabus for CG SET exam.
- Political Science
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Chemical sciences
- Life Sciences
- Computer science & applications
- Library & information science
- Physical education
- Home science
CG SET Exam Pattern 2022
The CG SET will be conducted in two stages – Paper I and Paper II. However, both papers are compulsory candidates who fail to appear for Paper I and will not be considered to attend Paper II. Both Paper I and Paper II will be of objective type and in multiple-choice questions or MCQ format. Aspirants can check detailed CG SET exam pattern below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Type of exam: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Total number of questions: 50 for Paper I and 100 for Paper II
- Total marks: 100 marks for Paper I and 200 marks for Paper II
- Marking system: +2 for every correct answer and no negative marking for both Paper I and Paper II
|Paper||No. Of Questions||Marks|
|Paper I||50 ( all compulsory)||100|
|Paper II||100 ( all compulsory)||200|
About CG SET Exam
Chhattisgarh State Eligibility Test or CG SET is a statewide competitive exam. Chhattisgarh Professional Exam Board (CPEB) held CG SET every year. CPEB will certify qualified eligible candidates. CG SET certification can be used to get recruited assistant professors and lecturers in colleges and universities within Chhattisgarh. To qualify, candidates must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General category candidates. And at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
CG SET Preparation 2022 FAQs
Ans: No, both Papers of CG SET exam are offline, OMR based and of MCQ format.
Ans: Qualifying CG SET will give the candidate eligibility for a job as assistant professor or to be a research fellow. A job isn’t guaranteed after being certified by CPEB.
Ans: Depends on the intensity of preparation. A state eligibility test is of a higher difficulty level in general. To assess the state of preparation, it is advised to attempt CG SET mock tests.