CMRL JE Recruitment 2016 is announced by Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL). Recruitment of Junior Engineer (JE) Grade II Station Control has 41 vacancies in the pay scale of Rs 8000 – 14140. Interested candidates can submit online application form at chennaimetrorail.org. Relevant diploma certificate holder fulfilling all other eligibility criteria including age and educational qualification can apply. It is important to note that candidates must read detailed notification carefully and satisfy that they understand all points and only then apply.
Get here complete details of CMRL Recruitment 2016 for Junior Engineer such as important dates, eligibility, application form, admit card, result.
|Application form||Click here|
|Admit card||Click here|
Notice – The Psychometric test scheduled to be conducted for the post of Jr. Engineer Grade-II (Station Control) on 6 Dec 2016 in CMRL Admin Building, Koyambedu is postponed. The next date for the said test will be intimated shortly through SMS/Email.
For information on psychometric test, click here.
CMRL Recruitment 2016 for Junior Engineer
The candidate should hold a 3-year diploma degree with a minimum of 55% marks in Mechanical (ME) / Electrical (EEE) / Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) from a Government accredited University. He / she must be able to read / write / speak in Tamil. This is a compulsory prerequisite for this job.
Note: The overqualified candidates are not allowed to apply for this position.
The minimum age for applying for this post is 18 years and it should not exceed 28 years as on date of 01.08.2016. There is an age relaxation of 5 years and 2 years for SC/ST and MBC/DNC categories respectively.
Number of Posts
|MBC / DC||8|
- An online multiple-options objective test with two hours duration will be conducted by CRML. There will be no negative marking for any wrong answers. The questions will be distributed in two sets: General knowledge (40%) and Subject expertise (60%).
- Candidates will also have to appear in the Tamil ability test and Psychometric test.
- The successful candidates in this test will be called for the medical examination, for which the dates will be intimated via email.
- The date of the tests is yet to be out on the CMRL website soon. The test will be held at some of the selected centers in Chennai.
|Commencement of online application form submission||August 24, 2016|
|Last date to apply||September 23, 2016|
|Availability of hall ticket||October 11, 2016|
|Date of exam||October 24, 2016|
|Declaration of Result of Online Test||November 05, 2016|
|Availability of Hall Ticket for Psychometric Test||November 21, 2016|
|Date of Psychometric Test (Tentative)||December 06 to 09, 2016|
Rest of the dates will be updated in due course of time.
Salary and Perks
The salary will be in the band of Rs. 8,000- 14,140/- Other benefits like perks and allowances including HRA, medical reimbursements, EPF, gratuity, etc will also be given to the employee. On the successful completion of the training period, the employee will become eligible for drawing other additional allowances.
The candidates have to sign surety bond of Rs. 2,00,000 to serve CMRL for the period of 5 years. The candidate has to give 3-month notice before resignation from CMRL.
Training and Probation Period
The candidate has to serve 2 year probation period. In this period, if the performance of a candidate is found unsatisfied by CRML, it can terminate candidate according to employment terms and conditions.
This post is being updated with details on Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) Recruitment of Junior Engineer (JE) 2016.
Syllabus for exam
Chennai Metro Rail has published syllabus for computer based test of Junior Engineer (Grade II) Station Control.
The computer based test will consists of 120 questions for shortlisting of candidates for the above mentioned post.All the questions are objective type. Each question will carry one mark.
The question paper consists of two parts:-
- Part-A General Knowledge and Aptitude (Weightage -40%)
- Part-B Relevant Subject Knowledge (Weightage -60%) in Diploma level.
PART-A: Area of Syllabi will be as follows
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Arithmetic ability
- General Science
- Logic and Reasoning Ability
- Data Interpretation
PART-B Area of Syllabi in Diploma level will be as follows
- Engg Maths, Engg Physics, Engg Chemistry
- Basic Engg subjects
- Discipline Specific subjects in Electrical / Mechanical / ECE
CMRL JE Mock Test
Mock test for CMRL Junior Engineer Grade II (Station Control) – Practice here.
CMRL JE Psychometric Test
The Psychometric test for Junior Engineer Grade-II (Station Control) will be conducted for the candidates in batch wise in the month of Dec 2016 in Chennai. The details of Psychometric test is as follows and for further details of the psychometric test, candidates may refer to the website http://www.rdso.indianrailways.gov.in for information.
The Psychometric Test consists of the following tests to measure the cognitive attributes of the prospective candidates:-
|Test of Form Board||Intelligence|
|Test of Picture number||Memory|
|Test of Power of Observation||Power of Observation|
|Test of Complex Reaction Time||Complex Reaction Time|
|Group Embedded Figure Test||Field Dependence|
|Test of Personality||Perseverance
Freedom from Impulsiveness
The candidates are required to qualify in each and every test individually, scoring the minimum cut off, which is different for the different tests. The cut off for these tests are decided on the basis of extensive norming exercise. The details with respect to the Psychometric test are as follows:-
- There would be 6 different tests in the aptitude test battery including five paper-pencil tests and one computerized test. These tests are meant to assess the cognitive attributes of the candidates.
- The number of test items in each of the individual test would vary from 18 to 42 depending on the nature of test and the time allotted for these tests would vary from 05 to 15 minutes.
- Out of the six tests, Personality test measuring two personality traits would be in a single set of booklet. Two scores, one each for the two personality traits, shall be generated and the candidate will have to score minimum cut-off in each part of the personality test. As such, though the candidates will give six tests but seven scores will be generated by the software for each candidate.
- The candidates would be required to qualify in each and every test by scoring the minimum cut-off score, fixed by RDSO.
- The candidates should listen to the instructions given by the test administrator carefully before the start of each and every test.
- The test items are simple and are designed to judge the desired attributes of the prospective safety category staff
- The candidates would need to answer fact with accuracy and the entries made by them on the OMR sheet should be correct.
- The candidates are required to make entries on the OMR sheet using blue ball point pen and one test booklet using pencil. Therefore, they need to bring blue ball point pens, HB pencil, eraser and sharpener.
- The candidates need not be scared of the aptitude tests. All the tests would be administered one by one after practice exercise by them, before the commencement of actual testing.
If you have any queries on CMRL Recruitment 2016 for Junior Engineer, please ask in comments below.