UPSC has postponed the CMS 2020 Notification release date. Understandably, this is due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus in India which has brought down the entire socio-economic scene to a complete halt. It is expected that the Commission publishes the CMS 2020 Notification soon after situations are normalized in the country.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the CMS exam once every year. The Combined Medical Services (CMS) exam is held for selection of eligible candidates for recruitment as Medical Officers and other posts in various departments of the Indian Government. So, is the postponement of the CMS 2020 Notification a bane or boon to the thousands of aspirants in the country? Read on to find out more in this article.
Union Public Service Commission conducts a nation-wide recruitment exam for medical officers and similar other posts in different agencies of the Indian Government. The exam is known by the name Combined Medical Services (CMS) exam. CMS 2020, as the latest iteration of the exam, was expected to be announced before the second quarter of 2020 ends. However, there is much ado about when the detailed CMS 2020 Notification is releasing in this lockdown situation that has been in effect since March 23, 2020.
CMS 2020 applicants are selected through a two-stage selection process. It consists of a written exam for preliminary screening. However, the exam is conducted as a Computer Based Test in centers across major cities of the country. Qualifiers are selected through a final personality test before the final recommendation for recruitment.
CMS 2020 Notification Postponed due to COVID-19
With the UPSC having postponed the CMS 2020 notification, the entire exam schedule is deferred and delayed. The Commission has displayed a notice of deference at the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in. Earlier, the official CMS 2020 Notification was set to be released tentatively on April 08, 2020.
Now that it is confirmed officially, the UPSC is not releasing the CMS 2020 Notification until further orders. In this situation, aspirants are advised to regularly visit the official site of the UPSC to check for any further notice regarding the CMS 2020 exam.
Check out the screenshot of CMS 2020 Notification postponement notice below.
Click here to go to the official UPSC website
Impact of COVID-19 on Government Examinations
COVID-19, the killer virus that has caused thousands of deaths and affected more than a million now across the globe has literally brought down the entire socio-economic scene in India. The Government ordered a 21 days lockdown of social and economic affairs effective from March 23, 2020. Thankfully, it has helped contain the outbreak to a great extent and medical professionals are toiling hard to provide healthcare to all affected individuals.
One of noticeable consequences of the COVID-19 outbreak in India is the consecutive postponement of different government recruitment examinations in India. Many exams were schedule to be conducted in the months of March, April and May. Among these, majority stands either postponed or rescheduled to a later date. Such postponement decisions are understandable in the midst of the current situation and we are expecting all such exams to be rescheduled when situations are normalized in the country.
Check out the list of some government exams recently postponed due to COVID-19
- SSC CHSL – KKR 2018/NR 2018
- Indian Navy Medical Exam
- Karnataka TET 2020
- Kerala SET 2020
- LIC AAO/AA/AE
- APPSC Exam
- RSMSSB Agriculture Investigator
- BPSSC Combined Mains Examination 2020
- RSMSSB Pharmacist
- GPSC State Tax Inspector (Prelims) 2020
- RSMSSB Librarian Grade II
- WBPSC All Examinations, Interviews
- Indian Army
- UPSC Interviews
- DRDO Interviews
- GPSC Police Inspector
- HPPSC HPJS
- UPPSC BEO
- Indian Coast Guard Navik 01/2020 Medical
Click here to get the latest updates on all government exams postponed in India due to COVID-19
How to utilize the lockdown time for exam time preparations?
Coming back to the question of whether the nation-wide lockdown is a bane or boon to government recruitment aspirants in the country, one cannot overlook the positive aspects of it. For one, this is mandatory and aspirants have no choice but to remain inside their homes. However, on second thought, this time can be effectively used to extend preparation time for the exam. Here are some important tips to utilise the lockdown time effectively.
- Make a study plan for the entire lockdown period. It is easy to lose track of time when the normal routine is disrupted. Stick to the plan on a daily basis.
- Revise the syllabus of the exam and include topics in the study plan effectively. Allocate study hours to each topic/subject of the exam equally or as per your needs.
- Utilize this time to solve numerical and reasoning problems.
- You can also take short notes for last-minute revisions in a separate notebook during this time.
COVID-19 Prevention and Safety Tips
While the entire nation copes with the ongoing crisis, we must do our part to contribute to the prevention and containment of the deadly virus. However, remain alert at all times. Here are a few important safety and prevention tips.
- While at home, develop a habit of washing your hands frequently.
- Disinfect any and all surfaces that might be susceptible to frequent touching e.g. doorknobs, refrigerator door handles, etc.
- Break any habit of touching your face or mouth unnecessarily.
- If you are sneezing or coughing, use a tissue and dispose-off safely after use.
- Eat healthy and engage in some physical activity indoors regularly.