The National Board of Education has invited applications from Indian Nationals possessing Foreign Medical qualification to appear for a screening test called FMGE. The FMGE has been introduced as a Screening Test to decide whether an Indian National possessing a medical degree from overseas is eligible for getting a provisional or permanent registration to practice in India as authorised by the Medical Council of India. These candidates who are desirous of applying for a medical practice in india must qualify a screening test conducted by the National Board of Education. The examination is conducted twice in a year, in the month of June and December.
The applications are to be filled by 13 May 2017 on the official website at nbe.edu.in. The exam will be held on 12 and 13 June 2017. The candidates will get the option to choose any of the dates from above.
The candidate will read in this article the important details related to FMGE 2017, eligibility criteria, application fees, how to apply, exam pattern, admit card etc.
Schedule for the FMGE 2017 is given below.
|Application start||13 Apr 2017|
|Last date to apply||13 May 2017|
|Date of Exam||12 & 13 Jun 2017|
|Result declaration||15 Jul 2017|
Instruction for Filling the Application Form
The applicant’s first of need to visit the site at nbe.prometric.in. After this they will have to enter a text shown in the space required. Now the candidate will begin their registration in 8 steps.
The steps consist of filling personal details, selection of program, the application process will b completed in 8 easy steps.
- The candidate will enter his basic details such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, contact address, email, etc. then after this they will move to next section which constitutes of filling the program choice.
- This ends the step 2 then they will proceed to fill the program information. Here candidates will be required to mention the course in which they are interested to apply for.once the process is done, this marks the end of step 3.
- Step 4 will require the candidate to apply for the program. Here he/she shall mention all the details asked and also mention the educational background in step 5.
- The candidate are advised to fill in the details carefully, as the information inserted once cannot be changed again. Then the candidate will proceed to step 6 which is selecting the location. This step will allow the candidate to choose the centre for appearing for the examination on 12 and 13 June 2017.
- The candidates will get the centre as per chosen by them. Once they have selected the location where they want to appear for the examination, they will proceed to step which is selecting a date and time for the examination.
- With the step 7 completed they will move to the last and final step which is payment option, candidates are required to pay the mention amount through online banking within the prescribed time period.
- All the candidate have to pay the amount of Rs. 5500/- towards the completion of the application. With this step this marks the completion of the application process. The applicants are advised to keep a screenshot of the application form or take the print out of the form for future reference.
The applicant must fulfill the following criteria:
- The applicant who is applying for the exam must be an Indian Citizen or a Citizen of India living overseas.
- The candidate will be required to produce a primary medical qualification, which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to provide a documentary proof as evidence that the candidate has passed the final examination of medical qualification on or before the cut-off date.
- If the candidate fails to produce the issued proof of primary medical qualification, the application form of such candidate shall be rejected.
- However, there are candidates who will be exempted from appearing into the examination the candidate, in cases where he/she holds an Undergraduate medical qualification from Australia/ Canada/New Zealand/United Kingdom/United States of America and the holder thereof has also been awarded a Postgraduate medical qualification in Australia/Canada/ New Zealand/ United Kingdom/United States of America and has been recognized for enrolment as a medical practitioner in that country will be exempted from appearing into the FMGE examination.
Admit card for FMGE 2017
The FMGE Admit Card will be sent through email to the candidates that they have provided at the time of application form filling. The candidate will not be seen the admit card through post or any other medium keep checking the email box on regular basis. The candidates can also visit the site to check the availability of the admit cards. The candidate will need to carry their admit card with a valid photo pasted on it.
Exam Pattern & Marks Distribution
The exam will consist of one paper with 300 MCQ. It is a computer based exam in English medium only. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.there will be two parts in the paper PART A and PART B with 150 question in each part. The candidate will have to get 150 marks out of 300 marks in order to qualify the paper.
Please see the distribution of the marks to check the weightage of the marks distribute sas per the topics. The paper will consist of questions from pre and para clinical subjects and PART B will consist of questions from Clinical subjects.
|A. Pre & Para Clinical Subject : 100 marks|
|S.No||Subject||Distribution of Marks|
|B. Clinical SUBJECTS: 200 marks|
|S.No||Subject||Distribution of Marks|
|1.||Medicine & Allied Subjects|
|(iii) Dermatology & STD||5|
|2.||General Surgery & Allied Subjects|
|(i) General Surgery||32|
|6.||OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY||30|