How to check NTA UGC NET Result 2022 – The National Testing Agency has released UGC NET 2022 Result on the official website at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. Candidates who appear for the exam can check UGC NET 2022 result through this article as well. The procedure to check UGC NET result is simple. Aspirants must have their application number and date of birth ready to login and check the UGC NET result. Moreover, read the entire article to know more about the cut off, selection procedure and also how to view and download the result of UGC NET Exam 2022.
Latest: UGC NET Result 2022 Out. Check here.
UGC NET Result 2022
The candidates who have qualified in the examination will be provided with a certification proving eligibility to serve as an Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellow (JRF) within the various universities and colleges in India. Below given are the important events and their corresponding dates concerning the result declaration of UGC NET 2022.
|UGC NET 2022 Exam Date||Phase 1 – 20 November 2021 – 05 December 2021|
Phase 2 – 24 December to 27 December 2021
Phase 3 – 04 and 05 January 2022
|UGC NET 2022 Result Declaration||Not yet announced|
Check result here: Click here can check their UGC NET 2022 result.
How to Check UGC NET Result 2022?
Candidates can check their results at ugcnet.nta.nic.in by logging in with their application number and password/date of birth. To check the results for UGC NET 2022 candidates should follow the steps provided below.
1st step: Go to ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
2nd step: A page as such appears on the screen. Aspirants have to click on any one of the links.
3rd step: UGC NET Result Login Credentials
4th step: Submit details and check UGC NET Result
Recommended: Forgot UGC NET Login Credentials
How to Recover Login Credentials to Check UGC NET 2022 Result?
Candidates often forget their application number and password. To cater to this need UGC has offered their services such that candidates can recover or reset their passwords and application numbers for UGC NET login. Below given are steps to follow to recover/reset password and application number for UGC NET 2022.
To retrieve application number
- Go to the login page for UGC NET and click on ‘forgot application number’ link
- Enter candidate’s name, parent’s names, date of birth and security pin
- Click on the ‘Get Application Number’ button
To retrieve password
- Security question
- Candidates can reset their password by answering their security question
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button
- Enter application number, security question and answer along with the security pin and click ‘Submit’
- Via SMS
- Enter application number, date of birth and security pin
- Click Submit
- Via email
- Enter application number, date of birth and security pin
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
UGC NET Qualifying Marks
The required minimum percentage marks to qualify in UGC National Eligibility Test 2022 for different categories are as given below.
|Category of candidate||Qualifying Percentage|
Recommended: UGC NET Cut Off Marks
UGC NET 2022 Selection Procedure
The steps mentioned below are followed as a selection procedure for UGC NET 2022 Exam.
- The number of candidates to be qualified shall be equal to 6% of the candidate’s who have appeared in both the papers of NET.
- Slots are allocated category wise.
- In order to be considered for ‘JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor’ and for ‘Assistant Professor’, the candidate must have secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers for General (Unreserved)/General-EWS categories and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD/Third gender categories.
- The number of candidates to be declared qualified in any subject for a particular category is derived as per the methodology illustrated below:
- Similarly the subject-wise qualifying cut-offs for all categories will be derived.
- All candidates who had applied for ‘Eligibility for JRF & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both’ out of the total number of qualified candidates derived as per above, shall constitute the consideration zone for JRF.
- The total number of slots available for awarding JRF is allocated category wise. The procedure for subject wise cum category-wise allocation of JRF slots is illustrated below:
UGC NET Normalization Procedure
- For multi-shift papers, raw marks obtained by the candidates in different shifts/sessions will be converted to NTA Score (percentile).
- The calculated NTA Score for the raw marks for all the shifts/sessions will be merged for further processing for deciding the allocation.
- In the events of the percentiles for the multi-shifts being dissimilar/unequal, the lowest of all shifts will be the eligibility cut-off for that category for all candidates
UGC NET 2022 Certificate
For the qualifying candidates NTA will award certification which will serve as eligibility for recruitment or promotion of eligible candidates to Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellow(JRF) posts. To download the e-certificate from NTA follow the steps provided below.
- Go to ecertificate.nta.ac.in
- Select ‘UGC NET’ in the select institution link
- Enter captcha and click ‘Proceed’
- Enter Roll Number/Application Number, Date of Birth, Exam session and captcha code.
- Click ‘Proceed’ to view and download the e-certificate for UGC NET 2022.
About UGC NET
UGC National Eligibility Test 2022 or UGC NET 2022 exam is an annual nationwide examination held by the National Testing Agency(NTA). The NTA has been entrusted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with the task of conducting UGC-NET, which is an eligibility test to recruit/promote eligible Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges. UGC NET exam is conducted in multiple shifts as a Computer Based Test or CBT. CBT will have two papers both in MCQ format. General category candidates need a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate for both papers taken together and candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Transgender categories will get a 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks.
How to Check UGC NET Result FAQs
Ans. The results for UGC NET Exam 2022 releases at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. Candidates have to login using the application number and date of birth.
Ans. UGC NET qualifying marks is 40% marks in aggregate of both papers for General/General-EWS category candidates and 35% for reserved category candidates.
Ans. UGC NET Assistant Professor certificate remains valid for lifetime. Whereas Lecturership certificate remains valid for 03 years from the declaration of result.
Ans. Candidates can login and download their e-certificate for UGC NET 2022 from ecertificate.nta.ac.in.