How to Prepare For RBI Assistant 2016
Reserve Bank of India had invited applications for the recruitment of 610 Assistants in various offices of the bank. Selection will be made through Entrance Exam (Preliminary and Mains) and Personal Interview. Candidates who applied for this exam must be looking for the syllabus and study material for the preparation. Further, we will discuss the syllabus and preparation strategy for RBI Assistant 2016 exam.
Overview of RBI Assistant Syllabus
The syllabus of RBI Assistant 2016 covers the topics of following subjects- Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, General Awareness, and Computer Knowledge. Questions in the exam will be based on different topics of these subjects.
Suggested: Download admit card of RBI Assistant before exam.
Topic Wise Syllabus for Prelims and Main
- Alphabetical and Miscellaneous Series
- Coding Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense Questions
- Order Ranking
- Sitting Arrangement
- Data Sufficiency
- Input & Output
- Decision Making
- Statement & Conclusion
- Statement & Argument
- Series (Non-Verbal)
- Number Series
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportions
- Problems Based on Ages
- Time and Work
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Mixture and Alligation
- Permutation and Combination
- Data Sufficiency
- Data Interpretation
- Comprehension Passage
- Vocabulary, Antonyms & Synonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spotting Error
- Rearrangement of Sentences
- Cloze Test
- Current Affairs- National and International
- Banking Knowledge
- Science and Technology
- Awards and Honors
- Politics and Geography
- Finance and Economics
- Books and Authors
- Sports and Games
- Important Dates
- Appointments and Resignations
- Countries and their Currency
- Operating System Concepts
- Introduction and History of Computers
- PC and System Software
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Networking
- Security Concepts for PC
- MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Application Packages
- Programming Language Concepts
- Internet and Networks
- Shortcut Keys
- Latest Technologies in the field of Computers
RBI Assistant Study Plan
Reasoning Ability – Majority of questions in this section is asked from Coding-Decoding, Series, Number Series, Seating Arrangement, Puzzles, and Syllogism. So, prepare these topics thoroughly to score well in Reasoning Section. Some questions asked in this section are less time-consuming, so try to save that time and invest in the lengthy questions related to seating arrangement and puzzles.
Quantitative Aptitude – It is the most challenging and time-consuming section of the exam. So, candidates are advised to save time from English, General Awareness, and Computer Knowledge section and devote that time in this section to solve problems. The majority of questions will be asked from Simplification, Average, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, and Percentage. So, prepare these topics thoroughly to score well in this section. Don’t spend too much of time on one question, if you are not able to solve one question within 1-2 minutes move on to another question.
English Language – Comprehension Passage that comes in the English section is very lengthy, so candidates are advised to manage time to read the passage and to answer the questions. Cloze Test, fill in the blanks, and sentence arrangement is the easily scoring topics of this section so one must attend these questions well to score well in this subject. English section is less time taking and easily scoring subject in the exam so prepare well to increase your score in the exam.
General Awareness – The majority of questions is asked from Current Affairs and Banking sector. Candidates must answer only the questions they are sure about otherwise they may suffer from negative marking. Candidates must prepare for this section by reading newspapers, watching the news, and reading magazines related to current affairs.
Computer Knowledge – Computer subject is again less time-consuming and scoring section in the exam, so prepare the basics of all the topics thoroughly to attain good marks in this section. The syllabus is quite less and easy as compared to other subjects. Most of the questions asked in this subject are based on daily operations people performed on their computers.
How to Crack RBI Assistant Exam 2016?
- Keep track of your syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Devote proper time to prepare each subject for the exam.
- Read the newspapers and listen to news daily to keep up with the everyday events and affairs. Read the books related to current issues and banking awareness.
- Keep practicing with the mock tests as they give you the proper feel of the exam and help you to perform efficiently within given time and conditions.
- Practice questions on each topic from at least two books to strengthen your command over that topic and focus more on your weaker topics.
- First, attempt the questions from Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude sections as they are lengthy and scoring, and focus on the other sections later.
- In the exam hall, manage the time for each section. Try to solve your strongest section first and weaker section later. It will increase the chances of selection.
Study Material and Best Books for RBI Assistant Exam
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning Approach by R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Online|
|Data Interpretation and Sufficiency by Kiran Publication||Buy Online|
|Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Online|
|Quick Learning Objective General English by R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Online|
|Objective General English by S.P Bakshi||Buy Online|
|General Awareness Book by Arihant Publications||Buy Online|
|Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams by Arihant Publishers||Buy Online|
Reasoning Ability- You can prepare the Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal) subject from Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning Approach by R.S. Aggarwal and Data Interpretation and Sufficiency by Kiran Publication. Download previous years RBI Assistant Exam Reasoning papers from the Internet, and solve them for practice.
Quantitative Aptitude- You can prepare for the mathematics subject from Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal. Download previous years RBI Assistant Exam Quantitative Aptitude papers from the Internet, and solve them for practice.
English Language- Read English newspapers daily and watch English movies and serials to improve your vocabulary. You can also prepare for English subject from Quick Learning Objective General English by R.S. Aggarwal or Objective General English by J.P Bakshi. Download previous years RBI Assistant Exam English papers from the Internet, and solve them for practice.
General Awareness- Read Newspapers and listen to news daily to keep up with the everyday events and affairs. You can study for General Awareness from General Awareness Book by Arihant Publications. Download previous years RBI Assistant Exam General Awareness papers from the Internet, and solve them for practice.
Computer Knowledge- You can prepare for the Computer subject from Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams by Arihant Publishers. Download previous years RBI Assistant Exam Computer Knowledge papers from the Internet, and solve them for practice.
Time Management for RBI Assistant Exam
- Study at least 4-5 hours per day. Dedicate proper time to each subject in your daily study schedule.
- Solve the last year’s question papers and practice tests as it will give you an idea about how many questions you can attempt within the given time.
- Always keep a stopwatch by your side while solving the questions or taking the mock tests and practice to complete the tests within the allotted time. It will help you to learn to manage time in the exam hall.
- If any particular question is bothering you then without wasting any time further move on to the next question. It will save time to solve the questions that you already know.
- You cannot attempt all 200 questions within 2 hours. So, keep a target about how many questions are you going to attempt with approximately 100% accuracy. Don’t guess the answers because the negative marking can take away the marks of your rightly attempted questions as well. So, take utmost care of that.
If you have any queries on How to Prepare For RBI Assistant 2016, please ask in comments below.