Reserve Bank of India has invited applicants for the recruitment of 926 Assistant in various offices of the bank. The selection of candidates is done through preliminary examination, main examination, and language proficiency test. Candidates who applied for RBI Assistant must be searching for some reliable source to start the preparation and clear examination in the first attempt. In this article, we are providing some tips for RBI Assistant Preparation 2020.
RBI Assistant Preparation 2020
The syllabus for RBI Assistant for prelims and mains examination includes different sections which are as follows:
Preliminary exam – Includes 3 sections:
- English language
- Numerical ability
- Reasoning ability
Mains examination – Includes 5 sections
- Test of reasoning
- Test of English language
- Test of numerical ability
- Test of general awareness
- Test of computer knowledge
Click here to get detailed RBI Assistant Syllabus 2020.
Preparation tips for RBI Assistant
- Strategize: Reading about strategies of different toppers may motivate, but may not help cracking the exam. It is important to know what are the weak and strong sections of an aspirant. Several websites may suggest studying for hours. It depends on candidates capability on how long they can study with full focus.
- Mock test: RBI Assistant exam is conducted online. So, the time management during exam is important. Try to practise online mock test or previous year papers for preparation. As each section of the exam has specific time allotted to it, try and practice to finish on or before time.
- What not to study: Candidates know what to study but it is important to know what not to study. RBI Assistant 2016 topper Paroo Bhat suggests that aspirants must plan what topics they are weak at and not waste too much time studying them. Wasting time on trying to understand each and every topic does not help. Try to focus on strong sections.
- Cutoff: Know the previous year cutoff. Strategize preparation, topics to study as per cutoff as each section of the paper has specific cutoff and overall cutoff. Candidates have to qualify both.
- Right Books: There are several books available in the market for the preparation of RBI Assistant. Go for the book which as per aspirants knowledge is best for them. Refer to the books which focusses on the basic concepts of the topics.
- Understand the exam: It is important to understand the changes in the syllabus and pattern of the examination. Refer to only 2016 and further years for the preparation.
Section-wise Preparation Tips for RBI Assistant 2020
If aspirants are facing some problem with a particular section then refer to the section-wise preparation tips below.
Reasoning section is a little tricky for some candidates. Try to solve group questions of topics like syllogism, inequality, etc. They are easy in comparison to puzzles. If time is left after attempting all the questions, attempt puzzle questions as they are a bit difficult and time-consuming. Try to choose an easy set to attempt puzzles.
The language section is the easiest amongst all. For preparation, read the newspaper (preferably The Hindu), novels, watch news channels, to improve English language and comprehension skills. Next is grammar section for which practise previous year questions papers and clear basic concepts.
Try to clear out all the basic of the topics. Short tricks learned are not as reliable as basic concepts are. They surely are time-consuming in the beginning but with regular practise aspirants are able to get grip on topics. Learn from online tutorials available on youtube for preparation.
Most importantly study about Banks. Most of the questions are based on banking and its current events. Next study for static GK and current affairs. Prepare static GK well as it is limited in comparison to current affairs. Read newspapers daily as reading monthly current affairs is a difficult task.
Know what topper says for RBI Assistant Preparation
RBI Assistant 2016 topper Paroo Bhat revealed her strategy for the preparation of RBI assistant.
- Give mock tests to know weak and strong areas. The day of examination is really stressful and strategizing what section have to attempt first helps to save and invest time on strong areas.
- Quant section is an obstacle for most of the aspirants. To tackle this, try to clear out basic concepts like average, percentage, ratio and proportion.
- She further adds that short tricks are not as reliable is basic concepts are obscure.
- For reasoning, she suggests to practise mock test and get to know weak and strong topics.
- Her reading habit helped her solving comprehension, build vocabulary, and general awareness section. Reading on The Hindu editorial section on a daily basis can help aspirants same.
- For General awareness, she gave a lot of mock tests. This helped her in analysing and strategizing the important sections.
- She focussed on making her strong topics stronger. She further adds that it is important to know what not to study for the examination. Know what aspirants weak and strong areas are.
- Making her own strategy for RBI assistant helped her in understanding exam and her understanding of the topics of exam better.
Important books for RBI Assistant 2020
By taking reference from the books provided below, start the preparation now for RBI Assistant 2020.