How to prepare for RRB ALP General Intelligence & Reasoning– The prestigious Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will administer the RRB ALP 2018 Recruitment. RRB has released the application status of RRB ALP 2018. The exam dates are yet to announce but it will probably conduct in August or September 2018. You are eligible for this exam if you have completed your 12th and Graduation from a recognized University.
In order to crack RRB ALP 2018 exam aspirants require to build some preparation strategies. Flawless preparation will shove your self-confidence and possibility to qualify for the RRB ALP 2018 Recruitment. At first, candidates must be aware of the exam pattern and the syllabus so that they can prepare properly for the exam.
RRB ALP 2018
It is an online computer-based exam. This exam contains 4 major stages, i.e. first round CBT, second round CBT, Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT), and lastly, Document Verification. RRB prepares a merit list as an aggregate of these 4 stages and then proceed for the Recruitment. The major sections in the syllabus of first-round CBT are Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, General Science, and General Awareness or Current Affairs. This article contains the preparation strategies of General Intelligence and Reasoning.
RRB ALP General Intelligence & Reasoning
General Intelligence and Reasoning a subject that focuses on your logical and analytical skills. This section is the most scoring among all. It covers a number of topics.
|Topics in General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Analogies||Alphabetical and Number Series||Coding and Decoding|
|Mathematical operations||Blood Relations||Syllogism|
|Jumbled words||Venn diagram||Data Interpretation and Sufficiency|
|Conclusions and Decision Making||Similarities and Differences||Statement – Arguments and
Best books for General Intelligence and Reasoning
We have come up with the books that are popular to practice General Intelligence and Reasoning. As it is a very logical subject due to this students can score maximum in this section. There are few books mentioned below.
- General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning – by S. Chand (G/L) and Co. Ltd.
A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – by R.S. Aggarwal
Tips to Prepare for General Intelligence and Reasoning
We suggest you some tips and tricks in order to prepare for RRB ALPGeneral Intelligence and Reasoning. There are 3 major sections other than General Intelligence and Reasoning that you should work on too. So prepare yourself accordingly.
- You must go through with previous 10 year’s question papers.
- Note down all the important key points or tricks to the logical approach.
- Practice on a daily basis.
- Test yourself and your approach towards the problem.
- Solve model test papers.
- Focus on the most scoring topic in General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- It is important to make a schedule for this section.
- If you use some different approach someday while practicing. Note it down and practice again.
- Take a break and play mind-boggling games or solve riddles in order to brush up your analytical skills.
- Solve crosswords to practice for Jumbled words.
Time Table Strategy
Set a timetable as per your abilities and follow it. In total, there are 4 subjects on which you need to work on. General Intelligence and Reasoning is one of them.
- First of all, analyze yourself by going through a specific topic.
- In the beginning, give this subject at least 2 hours.
- After developing a habit of a daily practice, you can set hours according to your intelligence.
- Solve each and every topic that covers the syllabus of Logical Reasoning.
- Practice previous year’s question paper on a daily basis.
- Try to use easy techniques to solve tricky questions.
- Use the basic but logical approach to solve the questions.
- Every day, solve 10 questions at least from each topic.
- Have a look at previous year’s question papers. Try to solve it as early as you can.
- Work on your solving speed, thought process and use analytical and logical approach.
About the Recruitment
This exam is especially conducting to fill out the vacant posts for Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technicians in Indian Railways. The number of vacancies for ALP is 17,673 and for Technician, it is 8,829, so the total vacancies are 26,502. There are 21 RRBs under which the ALP Recruitment is conducted. All 12th passed and Graduated aspirants are eligible for this Recruitment. The candidate who qualifies in the first stage CBT can further proceed for the second stage CBT.
Name of the Posts: Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician
Total Vacancies: 26,502
Basic Pay Scale: Rs.19,900/- + allowances
The largest number of vacancies: RRB Allahabad (3413)