How to prepare for RRB ALP Mathematics– As we know that the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will conduct the RRB ALP 2018. The application status of RRB ALP 2018 is released now. The exam will probably take place in the month of August or September 2018. For this exam, a candidate must be 12th pass or Graduated from a recognized University/Institution. So the exam is around the corner.
Students need to make some tactics for the preparation of RRB ALP 2018 exam. Excellent preparation will increase your possibility to qualify for the RRB ALP 2018 exam. On the basis of the pattern of exam and syllabus candidate can prepare well for the exam.
RRB ALP 2018
The RRB ALP 2018 will be an online computer-based exam. This exam follows 4 major stages, i.e. First round CBT, Second round CBT, Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT), and lastly, Document Verification. As a result of these stages, RRB selects the candidate for the further recruitment process. There will be 4 major sections in the syllabus of first-round CBT, i.e. Mathematics, English, General Science and General Awareness or Current Affairs. In this article, we will discuss the strategies to prepare for RRB ALP Mathematics.
RRB ALP Mathematics
Most students think that Mathematics is the toughest subject out of all the other. But if you prepare the topics effectively and clear all the basics then you will find it interesting. The list of topics is listed below.
Topics: Number system, Polynomials, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM and HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time & Work, Distance Speed and Time, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern.
Best Books for RRB ALP Mathematics
In the case of Mathematics, the best thing to do is practice questions on a daily basis. There are some popular books mentioned in the table below which will help the students to prepare for RRB ALP Mathematics.
|Name of the book||Author’s Name||Buy Here|
|Fast track Objective Arithmetic- Arihant Publications||Rajesh Verma||Buy Now|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive exams (17th Edition)||R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Now|
Tips to Prepare for RRB ALP Mathematics
Here is what you should do to prepare yourself for the RRB ALP 2018 Recruitment. You can take the help from the below preparation tips to enhance your command over Mathematics or Quantitative Aptitude.
- Firstly, candidates must know that there will be total 4 sections that will be asked in this exam.
- You can not concentrate on only one section and neglect the other three.
- Mathematics is all about practice more and more.
- Test yourself and your skills to solve the mathematics.
- Always use the basic and easy approach to solve the mathematical problems.
- Revise the formulas on daily basis.
- Clear your basics of every topic.
- Students must be aware of their surroundings and daily news.
- Give extra time to those topics that are hard for you to solve.
- Practice those type of questions regularly.
- Solve previous year question papers and take online mock tests.
- Examine your skills and learn from your silly mistakes.
Time Table Strategy
Make a timetable according to your skills and ability to solve the problems. There are 4 sections on which you have to work on. Mathematics is one of the major section.
- First of all, analyze yourself by solving questions of a particular topic.
- At least give this subject 3 to 4 hours in the beginning.
- Thereafter, decrease your hours.
- Analyze your skills and rank yourself in Poor, Average, Good or Excellent category.
- While solving problems if you have a Poor or Average approach. Don’t worry. You can improve it also.
- Try to use easy techniques to solve tricky questions.
- Stay away from the methods that include a lot of calculations.
- If you are good or excellent at mathematics then solve question papers.
- Take out 30 minutes, just to revise the formulas and theorems.
- Go through with the above books and note down important shortcuts or questions.
About the Recruitment
This exam is released to fill the vacant posts for Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technicians in Indian Railways. There are total 26,502 vacancies out of which 17,673 are for ALP and 8,829 are for Technician. Candidates who are 12th passed and Graduated from a recognized university or institution only they are eligible for this Recruitment. The candidate who will qualify the First stage CBT will be eligible for the second stage CBT. There are total 21 RRBs under these the posts are vacant for RRB ALP 2018 Recruitment.
Name of the Posts: Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician
Total Vacancies: 26,502
The largest number of vacancies: RRB Allahabad (3413)
Basic Pay Scale: Rs.19,900/- + allowances