Railway Recruitment Board will be conducting the group D examinations in the month of the August/ September 2018. The vacancy will be fetching jobs to 62,907 candidates collectively. There were more than 2.3 crore applications that were received regarding the same. The candidates will need to prepare themselves for the same properly so that they are able to get better marks in the examination. This section is going to be equally an easy section due to which it will be easy for all the candidates to gain more marks through this section.
RRB Group D General Awareness on Current Affairs
The candidates will have to prepare well as the examination will be a computer-based examination and won’t be taking much of a time to be solved by the candidates if prepared wisely and properly by the candidates. The CBT examination will be divided amongst the four different sections which are mentioned below.
- General Awareness on Current Affairs
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Science
Candidates will need to focus on their preparations as the examination is nearing. The candidates can take the help of the undermentioned tips and tricks so as to make it easy for themselves to prepare for the same. The candidates can also refer to the schedule mentioned below so as to know more regarding the important dates and events for the RRB Group D.
|RRB Group D Important Events 2018||Dates|
|Start of Railway Recruitment Group D 2018 Online Application||10th February 2018|
|Railway Recruitment Group D 2018 Application Form Closes||31st March 2018|
|Railway Group D 2018 CBT Exam||September 2018|
RRB Group D General Awareness on Current Affairs Preparation strategy
The candidates will be having a lead on this section of the examination as this section is going to be the easiest one throughout the exam. Also, this section will help the candidates to gain more marks in the examination and will be less time-consuming in nature as well.
- This section will make it a bit easy for all the candidates to attempt the exam and also a bit distressing in nature.
- Candidates will also require to keep themselves in touch with the syllabus and the examination pattern so as to strategise well for the subject section.
- Candidates are advised to go through all the gk related topics properly so that they are able to gain more knowledge regarding the subject and the topics provided under it.
- By referring to the syllabus the candidates will be able to cover up all the topics and will be able to divide their time accordingly.
- Candidates can also make it easy for themselves by making a to-do list so that they are able to cover all the important topics.
It is advised to all the candidates that they should follow the syllabus so as to make it easy for themselves, also to ensure that they are able to cover up all the important topics that are mentioned in the syllabus itself.
Syllabus: General Awareness on Current Affairs
- Science & Technology
RRB Group D General Awareness on Current Affairs Books
The reference books being referred to the candidates are the books that are able to guide them and are also able to provide them with an idea of how to solve the questions, how the questions are going to be like etc. So as to make it easy for themselves the candidates can refer to the following books as mentioned in the table below.
|Name of the book||Author’s Name||Buy Here|
The Mega Yearbook 2017 – Current Affairs & General Knowledge for Competitive Exams 2nd edition
|Disha Experts||Buy Now|
RRB Group D Guide Hindi 2018
|Arihant Experts||Buy Now|
Indian Railways (RRB) Group D Exam 2018
|Disha Experts||Buy Now|
RRB Level 1 Group D (Various Posts ) Exam Preparation Book 2018
RRB Group D General Awareness on Current Affairs Tips to Prepare
The candidates will need to prepare themselves according to a few guidelines/ tips so that their preparation gets better and is not affected due to any of the reasons. The tips will come handy for all the candidates as they will ease your work and will guide you towards the right direction.
- Candidates should be taking care of all the sections of the examination paper.
- General awareness and current affairs should be focused on.
- Candidates must read news and current affairs articles daily.
- Candidates will need to note down the important points and highlight the most important ones.
- candidates can refer to websites that will keep them updated on daily basis regarding the general awareness and the current affairs as well.
- candidates can take help from the previous year exam question papers so as to seek the kind of pattern that is used in the same.
RRB Group D General Awareness on Current Affairs Time Table Strategy
The general awareness and current affairs section is going to be pretty much easy for the candidates. This section will be easily answerable as well as will consume less time by the candidate so as to solve it. Having a timetable solves all the problems and confusions of the candidate and gives them a direction to work upon.
- Candidates are requested to attempt various examinations which will let them know about their weaknesses and strengths.
- Candidates will be able to prioritise the topics and subtopics accordingly.
- Candidates can practice previous year examinations so as to seek their performance with the help of the same.
- Having a schedule will make the students and their day more efficient and productive.
- Time management will decrease the stress in students and will help them in becoming more confident regarding the same.