The Railway Recruitment Board will be conducting examinations for the vacancy of group D. There are 2.3 crore candidates who have applied, for the same. The vacancies provided by RRB are 62,907 in number. The RRB has started to provide the candidates with the required information so as to prepare themselves for the same. The candidates need to roll their sleeves up and should start preparing for the same. While the examination has been postponed to the month of August/ September due to the applications received by the concerned authorities for the same. The candidates should start working on themselves as they have only a few months to go for their examination.
RRB Group D General Intelligence & Reasoning
The RRB Group D 2018 will be a (CBT) based examination, candidates will be selected on the basis of the Computer Based Examination. The First stage of the CBT will be containing 4 sections, which are as follows:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Science
- General Awareness on Current Affairs
The candidates will require to focus on their preparations accordingly. Whereas the students will need to put their strategies to work so as to perform better in the examination. Whereas this section is scoring in nature but is a complicated one as well. This very section of the examination will be carrying total in all 25 questions due to which candidates are requested to prepare for the same properly. To know more regarding the Important dates and events the candidates can refer to the schedule as provided below.
|RRB Group D Important Events 2018||Dates|
|Start of Railway Recruitment Group D 2018 Online Application||10th February 2018|
|Railway Recruitment Group D 2018 Application Form Closes||31st March 2018|
|Railway Group D 2018 CBT Exam||September 2018|
RRB Group D General Intelligence & Reasoning Preparation strategy
The candidates are advised to prepare themselves properly for this section of the examination as it is very much scoring in nature but will be lengthy as well, because the examination will be carrying around 100 questions whereas the time provided for the same will be only 90 minutes in nature. The candidates should be reaching for the books, websites and mock tests which will be helping them for the same. They will also need to work upon their speed skills because at average students will be getting less than one minute for each question. So as to prepare themselves the candidates will need to prepare a full proof strategy. To know more about the strategy candidates can refer to the information provided below.
- Candidates can take advantage of this section, as it will be carrying a lot of puzzle-based questions which will be easy for them to prepare and practice for.
- Candidates will also need to understand such questions as, one major question will be followed by many other minor questions.
- Candidates will also need to improve their speed while practising for the same.
- The candidates can practice more of the questions which will be distance, blood relation, time, etc. based so as to create a pace with the same.
- Practising all types of questions won’t just increase your problem-solving speed but will also save you by getting marked negatively.
- Candidates will also need to focus on the strategy of what all questions should be attempted first so as to give a boost to their confidence as well as a boost to their scorecard.
It is advisable to all, to refer to the syllabus of the provided subject. Candidates can also refer to the topics as per the syllabus, as provided below.
Syllabus: General Intelligence and reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
- Statement – Arguments and Assumptions
- RRB ALP 2018
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical Operations
- Alphabetical and Number Series
- Analytical Reasoning
- Conclusions and Decision Making
- Similarities and Differences
RRB Group D General Intelligence & Reasoning Books
The candidates can also use few of the reference books as provided underneath. These books will help the candidates, so as to refer to the intelligence and reasoning section of the examination. So as to improvise it and also make it strong in nature for better scoring of marks.
|Name of the book||Author’s Name||Buy Here|
Speedy Railway General Studies In English
RRB Group D Guide Hindi 2018
|Arihant Experts||Buy Now|
Indian Railways (RRB) Group D Exam 2018
|Disha Experts||Buy Now|
RRB Level 1 Group D (Various Posts ) Exam Preparation Book 2018
General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning
|S Chand Experts||Buy Now|
RRB Group D General Intelligence & Reasoning Tips to Prepare
The candidates will need to prepare themselves well. And to do so they will need to follow the preparation guidelines so as get through the examination and to score well. The guidelines will also help the students to follow a specific provided pattern.
- Candidates will need to focus collectively, on all the sections of the examination.
- General intelligence section will be carrying, day to day related problems.
- For general awareness, you don’t need a lot of time for preparation.
- Whereas the reasoning part will be carrying, questions in such a pattern which will be required to get answered in a specific format.
- students will need to refer to the Online tests, mock tests, they can also refer to the above-mentioned books.
RRB Group D General Intelligence & Reasoning Time Table Strategy
This is one of the important sections of the examination. So as to perform better the candidates will need to follow a timetable and set the same accordingly so as to meet their goals.
- Candidates will need to take a random test so as to check their speed.
- Candidates will need to analyze their exam so as to create a timetable regarding the same.
- After creating the timetable the candidates are requested to follow the same.
- Candidates also need to take other examinations including the reference books.
- Candidates will also require to practice various kinds of puzzles so as to buck up with their speed and to also make the best out of their examination time.