With the announcement of the SSC CPO 2018 Notification, candidates who are willing to apply for the available posts must be also willing to know that How To Prepare For SSC CPO 2018. The SSC CPO 2018 selection process will be based on two Online Examination (Paper 1 and Paper 2), Physical and Medical Tests.
If you are thinking of applying for SSC CPO 2018 Recruitment, then you must know the Syllabus, Selection Pattern and Examination Pattern. From here your SSC CPO Preparation starts. On this page, we have provided all about SSC CPO 2018 Syllabus and Best Books for SSC CPO 2018. Read below to know some useful SSC CPO 2018 Preparation tips and how you can prepare a timetable to follow for the best possible SSC CPO 2018 Preparation.
How to prepare for SSC CPO 2018
Well, for any preparation be it be for entrance exam or recruitment exam, one must be well aware of the Syllabus and the Examination Pattern. But for any recruitment process, you must know one additional detail which is the Selection Pattern. Your SSC CPO Exam 2018 Preparation will start here. So, to make the preparation as perfect as possible we will first discuss the Selection Pattern, then the exam pattern and finally the syllabus in details and then we will go through some Expert Preparation Tips for SSC CPO Exam.
SSC CPO 2018 Selection Pattern
Let us start with the first answer to How to prepare for SSC CPO 2018. This is knowing the selection process of SSC CPO 2018. The below Chart will help you understand the selection process of SSC CPO 2018. The selection will be based on your performance at each stage of the selection process and thus a candidate must be well aware of how to be prepared for each stage of the selection process.
Official Website: www.ssc.nic.in
SSC CPO 2018 Exam Pattern
Second, on How to prepare for SSC CPO 2018 is Knowing the SSC CPO 2018 Exam pattern. We will here discuss what are the different papers that you will need to qualify to be selected in your desired SSC CPO Post 2018. Well, let’s start with the Exam Pattern of SSC CPO 2018 for both the papers individually, refer the tables below:
SSC CPO 2018 Exam Pattern For Paper 1:
|Date of Exam||Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|04 to 10 Jun 2018||1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|2||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
SSC CPO 2018 Exam Pattern For Paper 2:
|Date of Exam||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|01 Dec 2018||English language & Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
- Type of Questions for both Papers: MCQs
- Marking Scheme for both the Papers: Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
For more detailed information, you can check our other article ‘SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2018‘.
SSC CPO 2018 Syllabus
Now the next important thing and probably the most answer to How to prepare for SSC CPO 2018 is what to study and what to prepare so that you can crack the SSC CPO 2018 Exam. Well, we are here with the syllabus that is prescribed by Staff Selection Commision (SSC) for SSC CPO Exam 2018. Lets us take a look at the topics you need to cover:
SSC CPO 2018 Syllabus for Paper 1:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
SSC CP0 2018 PET Exercises:
For male candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
For female candidates only:
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3 chances
SSC CPO 2018 PST Criteria to be fulfilled:
Below is the SSC CPO 2018 PST Criteria that you will need to fulfil to qualify the Physical Standard Test:
SSC CPO 2018 Syllabus for Paper 2:
- English Language & Comprehension
To Download the detailed Syllabus, please visit our other article ‘SSC CPO Syllabus 2018 PDF Download‘.
SSC CPO 2018 Preparation Plans
Now since we know all about the SSC CPO Selection Process, SSC CPO 2018 Syllabus and SSC CPO 2018 Exam Pattern we are halfway through the preparation, now let’s make sure we plan a strategy that will work to prepare you for the examination and the physical tests. here is How to prepare for SSC CPO 2018.
Let us divide the Plan into 2 parts: One Plan for SSC CPO 2018 Online Examination Preparation and another Plan for SSC CPO 2018 PET/PST. Let us take a look at both the plans separately.
SSC CPO 2018 Exam Preparation Plan
We know the syllabus of SSC CPO 2018 and also the exam pattern. Now let’s see how we can go about the preparation. Below are the subject wise preparation tips For Paper 1 and Paper 2:
- Prepare for General Intelligence and Reasoning: This section will check your quick decision-making ability & visualizing power. To score high in this section you have to daily practice questions in the specific time duration. Slowly as you gain the command over this section then challenge yourself by attempting more number of questions in time duration set by you. You can create a mock test and attempt it on a regular basis.
- Prepare for General Knowledge and General Awareness: The general awareness subject is very vast. The major problem that candidates feel while preparing for general awareness is where to start. For SSC CPO Exam you should start with topics like Culture, Indian History, Geography (India+World), Environment, Science & Technology, Economy and Polity. Know the current affairs by heart and make sure you know them at the tip of your tongue.
- Prepare for General Knowledge and Quantitative Aptitude: Solving the Quantitative Aptitude questions are not difficult but what is difficult is the speed at which you solve them. So for this you have to practice a lot and pay special attention to Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Profit & Loss and Simplification.
- Prepare for English Comprehension: English Comprehension will be included in both the papers. Thus this subject is one of the most important subject that you must prepare. Thus prepare the vocabulary, grammar and reading comprehension. In grammar the questions will be asked from Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement, Active Passive Voice, Direct Indirect Speech topics. Make of habit of reading and learning new words whever possible.
SSC CPO 2018 PET/PST Preparation Plan
How to prepare for SSC CPO 2018 Examination is clear, but How to prepare for SSC CPO 2018 PET/PST Tests? For this you will have to follow a proper diet and proper workout. One may join the gym to meet the Physical standards for SSC CPO Recruitment. Start from today to achieve the Physical Standards and exercise regularly to stay fit. For the PET make sure you have a diet rich in carbohydrate and calories for energy to pass the physical tests.
SSC CPO 2018 Timetable: 3 Months to go!
How to prepare for SSC CPO 2018? Many face the problem regarding the preparation for SSC CPO PET/PST Tests. We are here with the solution for it too.
Make a proper timetable and make sure you adhere to it. With examination and other tests starting the month of June 2018, you have a good 3 months left. Thus make a timetable that will enable you to complete the entire syllabus in 3 months and also a proper diet and work out a plan for 3 months will let you crack the SSC CPO 2018 Exam.
- Early Riser: Start your routine early. Run to warm up your body. Make sure you work out outside to energise your mind too. The morning sunrays are known to be good for the mind and body. Thus wake up early an start your physical routine this 3 month.
- Practice Daily for at least 2 Hours: Go through the previous years’ question paper of SSC CPO Exam and practice them as much as possible. This will increase your speed. Do Practice Long jump and High jump in free days for the PET Preparation.
- Reading Newspaper every day: Since a subject dedicated to General Knowledge is included in the Paper 1 of SSC CPO Exam 2018, you may want to be updated about the general knowledge and current affairs and thus make a habit to read the newspaper daily from today.
- Read Books every day or 1 Hour: You will have to be good at Grammar and reading. Your Vocabulary has to be strong and the command over the English language will have to strong. Thus read a good English book daily for minimum 1 Hour to get into the habit of reading.
- Eat Healthy Daily and on time: Give proper space to your eating time in your 3 months Timetable. Eating proper food is important and much more important is eating on time. Don’t have dinner too late at night, and have your lunch, not after 1 PM. Never skip your Breakfast under any circumstances.
Best Books to Prepare for SSC CPO 2018 Exam
We are curating some most recommended books for SSC CPO Exam 2018 with their buying links in the table below. These books will definitely help you with the problem of How to prepare for SSC CPO 2018.
|Name of the Book||Author||Buying Link|
|Best Books for SSC CPO 2018 Paper 1
|Objective General English||R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||Buy Here|
|Analytical Reasoning||M K Pandey||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Manorama Yearbook 2018||Mammen Mathew||Buy Here|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Best Books for SSC CPO 2018 Paper 2
|Objective General English||R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|A Mirror Of Common Errors||Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh||Buy Here|
|Paramount English for General Competitions Volume – 1||Paramount Authors||Buy Here|