|SRM University MBA Admission 2018||Apply Here!|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Haryana Power Generation Corporation Limited (HPGCL) is a utility unit of Haryana Power Utilities (HPU). Other than this, there is one more unit which is know as Haryana Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited (HVPNL). Haryana Power Generation corporation Limited (HPGCL) was established on 17 March 1997, pursuing which the State Electricity Board came into existence on 14 August 1998. In addition to that, 2 State-owned Utilities which we have just mentioned above were established. These units function independently in the field of generation, transmission and distribution of power.
HPGCL is in charge of operating and maintaining State’s own generation projects. The business of Generation of Power was transferred from HSEB to HPGCL that brought excellence in power generation in the State‘s own generating stations. HPGCL is also entrusted with the responsibility of setting up of new generating stations in order to keep pace with the ever –increasing demand of power.
It is a lesser known fact that Haryana State is one of the forerunners in the country to initiate reforms in its power sector. The Corporation constantly plans to add sufficient generating capacity in the State in order to bridge the gap between demand and supply units.
- There are 2 Units of 300 MW each which were commissioned during FY 2008-09 at Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram Thermal Power Plant at Yamuna Nagar.
- 2 more units of 600 MW capacity are in operation at Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Plant, Khedar, and Hisar. Both these plants were commissioned in a record period of 43 and 49 months respectively.
- There is also a 660 MW/ 800MW Unit plant with Supercritical Technology set up at Yamunanagar, which operates as an expansion unit of the existing coal based 2×300 MW DCRTPP Yamunanagar.
- A 1500 MW Project at Jhajjar is also set up as a Joint Venture among NTPC, Government of Haryana and Government of Delhi.
- 1320 MW Coal based Thermal Power Plant at Jhajjar which was developed by M/s CLP Power India Limited under Case-2 competitive bidding process.
The Haryana Power Generation Corporation Ltd. (HPGCL) looks forward to establishing itself as a modern, growth oriented organization to make its presence felt in the country’s dynamic power sector. The PSU is committed to becoming a modern world class power generation company by maximizing generation and minimizing the cost of power.
Future projects of the company
The company has already planned its future projects
- As part of its future project, the organisation is planning to embark on a project that will involve constructing a 2800 MW (4×700 MW) Haryana Atomic Power Plant in Gorakhpur, Distt. Fatehabad, by Nuclear Power Corporation of India. The plant will be set up by 2020-21 at an estimated cost of around Rs. 20600 Crore.
- A project involving 1x 800 MW Capacity of High Efficiency Supercritical Thermal Unit to be set up at PTPS Panipat is in consideration by way of simultaneous phasing out of old and less efficient Units 1 to 4, PTPS, Panipat.
- Another project is yet to be commissioned of 1x 800 MW additional high efficiency supercritical Thermal Unit to be built at Yamunanagar as an extension.
Positions at HPGCL
- Junior Engineer (Electrical, IT, Civil,)
- Assistant Engineers (Electrical, IT, Instrumentation)