IAS 2018 Result – Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) is expected to announce IAS 2018 Result today, on July 10, 2018. As per the news reports, the Commission was to announce the result by July 15, 2018. However, the latest news reports suggest that UPSC IAS Result 2018 will be out today. The result will be announced online only, on the official website which is upsc.gov.in. It will be available as a pdf, in which the roll numbers of the qualified candidates will be mentioned. All the candidates who appeared for the examination on June 03, 2018, can know all the latest updates about IAS 2018 Result from this page.
IAS 2018 Result – Live Update
We will keep on updating this section with all the latest news and information on IAS 2018 Result.
02:15 PM – UPSC has not announced the result yet. The reports are pouring in that it will be available by the end of the day.
01:00 PM – Candidates should find and keep their admit card near by. The roll number is mentioned in the admit card of IAS 2018. You will need it to cross check if you have qualified the exam or not.
12:00 PM – The Union Commission will announce the result online only. It will not send any detail regarding the result of IAS 2018 at candidate’s postal address or e-mail id.
12:00 Noon – Numerous news papers are reporting that IAS 2018 Result will be announced today, on July 10, 2018. UPSC has not confirmed any date for the release of the result. However, news papers usually know the dates and dates in advance. Hence, there is a high possibility that the Commission might announce it today.
Number of Vacancies in IAS 2018
The number of vacancies in IAS 2018 are 782. Of these, 32 vacancies are reserved for those candidates who fall under Persons with Benchmark Disability Category. These 32 vacancies are further divided as:
- 13 for candidates with blindness and low vision.
- 8 for deaf and candidates who have difficulty in hearing.
- 9 will be for the candidates with locomotor disability, which will include cerebral palsy, leprosy, dwarfism, acid attack etc.
- 2 vacancies are reserved for candidates with multiple disabilities.
Lowest Number of Vacancies in Past 5 Years: The data clearly shows that in past five years, this is the lowest number of vacancies that UPSC has announced for IAS / Civil Services. The year and the vacancies are as shown below:
Post Under UPSC Civil Services 2018
The vacancies under IAS 2018 examination are for the following post.
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
- Indian Police Service (IPS).
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
IAS 2018 Main Examination
The candidates who will qualify the IAS Prelims Result 2018 will be called to appear for the Main examination. The dates for the IAS Main exam are as follows:
- 28 Sep 2018
- 29 Sep 2018
- 30 Sep 2018
- 06 Oct 2018
- 07 Oct 2018
The qualifying candidates of the prelims will first get the admit card for the IAS Main exam 2018. It is expected that UPSC will issue the admit card in the month of August 2018. The candidates will appear for 2 subjects among – Agriculture, Anthropology, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Botany, Commerce and Accountancy, Geography, Electrical Engineering, History, Geology, Economics, Medical Science, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Law, Mathematics, Public Administration, Political Science and International Relations, Philosophy, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Zoology, Sociology and Language.
As per the exam pattern, the Main exam will be subjective in nature. It will be designed to check the intellect level of the candidates, esp. on general topics. The candidates will get 3 hours to attempt each paper. In total there will be 9 papers. The candidates will have to appear for 7 compulsory papers, which will consist of 4 General Studies paper, one paper on any of regional language and English, and an Essay paper. The remaining paper will be optional subject, chosen by the candidate.
The Regional Languages in the exam will be English, Hindi, Assamese, Marathi, Bodo, Urdu, Bengali, Telugu, Dogir, Tamil, Gujarati, Sindhi, Kannada, Santhali, Kashmiri, Sanskrit, Konkani, Punjabi, Maithili, Odia, Malayalam, Nepali, and Manipuri.