IBPS Clerk 2019 Preparation is going in full swing. Candidates appearing for IBPS Clerk 2019 or the IBPS Clerical Cadre (Clerks-VI) Recruitment are studying for the exam must know the preparation strategies for the IBPS Clerk 2019 exam. Aspirants who are planning to take the IBPS Clerk 2019 exam can go through this article to know the IBPS Clerk 2019 Preparation tips. From this page, you can get IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern, know the best books to prepare for IBPS Clerk, and useful tips for IBPS Clerk Preparation prelims, main and interview.
This article covers the four key aspects of IBPS Clerk Preparation
- Which are the best books to prepare for IBPS Clerical Cadre Recruitment exam?
- What is the exam pattern and selection scheme of IBPS Clerk?
- What is the syllabus for IBPS Clerk Exam?
- Tips for effective IBPS Clerk preparation.
Best Books for IBPS Clerk Preparation
The key to good preparation for IBPS Clerical Cadre 2019 examination is to understand the exam pattern and study from the right resources. To crack the preliminary exam, one must study subjects English, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning Ability. The books are a crucial part of preparing for the exam. Some of the best books for IBPS Clerk Preparation are as follows.
|Book||Subject||Buy from Amazon||Buy from Flipkart|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal||This book is ideal for cracking the Reasoning section of IBPS Clerk exam||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Flipkart|
|General Intelligence/Test of Reasoning by S. Thorpe||Practicing questions from this book will help you ace the Reasoning section||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Flipkart|
|Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude by P.K. Mittal||Extra practice for Reasoning abilities test in IBPS Clerical Cadre exam||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Flipkart|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Hari Prasad & Uma Sinha||Studying English and practicing questions from this book will help you solve many questions in IBPS Clerk English section||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Flipkart|
|Objective General English by RS Agarwal||This book is most recommended for Bank Jobs exam preparation||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Flipkart|
|Objective English by Thorpe||Once you are done with RS Agarwal book, solve questions from this book also for IBPS Clerk exam||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Flipkart|
|New IBPS-CWE Bank Clerk Guide for Prelim & Main Exams 5th English Edition||This book contains theory and illustrations, as well as questions and is recommended for both prelims and mains exam.||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Flipkart|
|30 Model Papers IBPS Bank Clerk Preliminary Examination by Arihant Experts||Solving IBPS Clerk mock test papers will boost your preparation, help analyze present performance and guide you to work on your strengths and weaknesses.||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Flipkart|
|IBPS-V Bank Clerk Preliminary Examination Success Master by Experts Compilation||Specifically designed for IBPS Clerk V, this book will help you learn short tricks to solve questions of numerical ability, reasoning ability, and English language.||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Flipkart|
|Target IBPS Bank Clerk Preliminary & Mains – 20 Practice Sets Workbook with CD||There are 20 practice sets in this book including 5 for preliminary exam and 15 for the main exam. The questions are tailored for IBPS Clerk Preparation.||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Flipkart|
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
You must understand the scheme of examination of IBPS Clerk. IBPS Clerical Cadre exam pattern covers the name of tests, the number of questions asked in each test, maximum marks in each test and overall, exam duration, the language of questions, marking scheme. Note that the test subjects and duration are different for IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam and IBPS Clerk Main Exam.
IBPS Clerk Preliminary Examination Pattern
Duration of the exam: The prelims examination is of 1 hour (60 minutes).
Check the detailed examination pattern of preliminary examination of IBPS Clerk.
IBPS Clerk Main Examination Pattern
Exam Duration: 02:30 hours
Refer to the table below to know the marks and number of questions which are going to be asked from each subject.
|General Awareness (with special reference to banking industry)||40||40|
Negative marking – There is the penalty for wrong answers marked in the Prelims and Mains Objective Tests. For every incorrect answer, there is a deduction of 0.25 marks from the total score.
Pro Tip: To avoid losing marks to negative marking, keep in mind the following points.
- Do the calculative part in the rough work to avoid the silly mistakes in calculation. As many students lose marks just because they do illegible rough work and make mistakes in their calculations.
- If you are not confident about an answer, do not make a wild guess by drawing any conclusion or through the process of elimination.
IBPS Clerk Syllabus
IBPS Clerk Syllabus – There is no pre-defined syllabus for the IBPS Clerical Cadre Recruitment examination. With the help of the syllabus, candidates can know the topics from which questions can be asked.
However, by studying the past year papers and general examination pattern of bank clerk exams, you are advised to study the following topics as part of the IBPS Clerk Syllabus.
|Subjects Name||Topics Name|
|Reasoning||Coding and decoding
Statement and conclusion
|English language||Cloze passage
Fill in the blanks
Idioms and phrases
One word for many words
Spot the error
|Numerical Ability / Quantitative Aptitude||Averages
Decimals and fractions
Problems on sharing
Profit and loss
Ratio and proportion
Time and distance
|General awareness||Current affairs related to the banking and finance sector
Current affairs of national and international
Science and technology
Banking and marketing
|Computer knowledge||Basics of computers
Input and output devices
MS Word basic knowledge and shortcuts
MS Excel basic knowledge and shortcuts
MS Powerpoint basic knowledge and shortcuts
Memory orientation Internet
Modern day technology
IBPS Clerk Preparation Expert Tips
The candidates who are planning to be a part of the examination can follow some of the preparation strategies given below.
- Students must make sure that their concepts are clear. As then only he or she can solve the questions on time. The aspirants must practice as many questions as they can in a day to solve the question within the appropriate time.
- The competitive exams are all about solving the question in the least time possible. Mostly, there are more than one ways to solve a question. You need to solve the questions with a trick. For example, if one approach involves 10 steps taking 3 minutes, and another approach needs 7 steps taking 2.5 minutes, go for the latter.
- Prepare a study plan and divide the time for each subject in such a way that an equal amount of the time is given to each of the subjects.
- By preparing a schedule, students can get to know their strengths and weaknesses. For example, if you have good command over English but you lack behind in Mathematics. Then, make sure that you give more time to maths to make it strong. Also, work on the concepts first and then, switch to the problem-solving questions.
- Solve mock tests to build your speed and accuracy. Also, you will know the difficulty level of exam and work on a better approach for exam day.
If you have any queries regarding IBPS Clerk Preparation, please ask in comments below.