IBPS PO Main 2018 Analysis: IBPS PO Main 2018 exam is over now. A lot has happened in the exam. So, here, we are with the analysis. We are updating you with the level of the questions and the reactions of the students. You can also understand whether the questions were difficult or easy or moderate. We are providing this information on the basis of the feedback of the candidates who have appeared for the IBPS PO 2018 Main exam. All the desired candidates can check this page to know the standard of the questions. So. let’s start now with the IBPS PO Main 2018 Analysis.
IBPS PO Main 2018 Analysis
The exam was held today i.e. on November 18, 2018, from 10:00 am. The exam was conducted online and the questions were asked of objective type. The question papers were available in the English and Hindi (Except for English paper). So, there were 200 questions of maximum 200 marks. The timings were divided into the various segments. However, the total time allotted for the exam was 140 minutes.
IBPS PO Main 2018 Analysis: Reasoning
The reasoning is one of the main section for this exam. The number of questions asked was 50 and the total time duration was 50 minutes. The related topics for the reasoning are Analogy, Classification, Word formation, Statement and conclusions, Syllogism, Statement and assumptions, Statement and arguments, Coding-Decoding, Series test, Odd figure out, Analogy, Miscellaneous Test etc.
- The reasoning was the first window that was opened.
- There was 1 question of the puzzles in the exam and the question was very big.
- For some candidates, 10-15 questions could be easily done.
- The questions for the Statement Assumptions were hard.
IBPS PO Main 2018 Analysis: English Language
The topics for this section are vocabulary (Homonyms, Antonyms, Synonyms, Word Formation, Spelling), Grammer (Spotting Errors, Phrases, and idioms, Direct and Indirect speech, Active/ Passive voice), Reading Comprehension (Theme Detection, Passage completion, Topic rearrangement of passage, Deriving Conclusion). The total number of questions was 40 which have to be done within 40 minutes.
- It was the third window.
- There were 10 questions of Close Test.
- Close Test questions were mixed up with the other topics such as connector and rearrangement.
- There were also the questions of connectors in the parajumbles questions.
- Reading Comprehensions were also difficult.
- There were a total of 4 questions from RC and each question was having 3 sub-questions each.
- Candidates had to read the entire passage to answer the questions.
IBPS PO Main 2018 Analysis: Quantitative Aptitude
There were 50 questions of 50 marks. The total time was given 40 minutes. The total topics from which the questions were asked are Ratio and proportion, Averages, Time and work, Speed, Distance and time, Mixture and allegation, Stocks and shares, Percentages, Partnership, Clocks, Volume and Surface Area, Height and Distances, Logarithms, Permutation and combinations, Simple and compound interest etc.
- This was the toughest portion.
- There were the dangerous questions of Radar DI.
- Data Sufficiency was asked through the DI question.
- In the quant portion, there were also the questions of the fill in the blanks.
- A question of Number Series nth term was asked.
IBPS PO Main 2018 Analysis: General Awareness
General Awareness contains 40 questions and the provided time is 40 minutes. The questions were asked from Current affairs related to national and international issues of last 6 months, Overview of Indian Financial System, History of Indian banking system, Recent credit and monetary policies, Introduction to National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc, Abbreviations and Economic terminologies, Banking Terms, and Important Government Schemes on capital & money market.
General Awareness Analysis:
- This was the second window.
- This portion was easy.
IBPS PO Main 2018 Analysis: Computer Knowledge
Now coming to the Computer Knowledge section, the number of questions in this section is 20 and the total time given was 20 minutes. The related topics for this section are Basics of Hardware and software, Windows operating system basics, Internet terms and services, Basic Functionalities of MS-Office (MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint), History of computers, and Networking and communication etc.
IBPS PO 2018