Indian Bank Recruitment 2017 for Security Guard / Peon: Indian Bank has issued a notification for the recruitment of Security Gaurd Cum Peon. Applications from Ex-servicemen for filling up of following vacancies across different states have been invited. Before applying Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the post. Candidates applying for more than one centre/state will be rejected. Finally selected candidates can be posted against vacancy anywhere in the state applied for, as per the administrative requirements of the Bank. For more details regarding Indian Bank Recruitment 2017 for Security Guard / Peon Recruitment go through the belo article.
Indian Bank Recruitment 2017 for Security Guard / Peon
The applications only from Ex-Serviceman are invited for filling up Vacancy for Security Guard / Peon. Finally selected candidates can be posted against vacancy anywhere in the state applied for, as per the administrative requirements of the Bank. More details about the vacancy are provided below.
Indian Bank Recruitment 2017 for Security Guard / Peon Vacancy Details
Post Name: Security Guard /Peon
Total No of Vacancy: 64
|States||Number of Vacancies|
Salary & Allowances: Rs.9560-325/4-10860-410/5-12910-490/4-14870-570/3-16580-655/3- 18545
The dearness allowance, HRA and other allowances will be payable at applicable rates.
Age limit: Minimum 18 years and Maximum 26 years
Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10th standard examination or its equivalent.
Indian Bank Recruitment 2017 for Security Guard / Peon Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit (as on 31.07.2017): Minimum 18 years and Maximum 26 years
Relaxation in Upper age limit:
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe – 5 Years
- Other Backward Caste- Non Creamy Layer – 3 Years
- Ex Servicemen – Actual Period of service rendered in the Defence forces + 3 years subject to a maximum age limit of 45 Years
Other Eligibility conditions
- Must be Ex-Servicemen from Indian Army / Navy / Air force
- Minimum a pass in 10th standard examination or its equivalent as on 31/07/2017.
- The candidate should be able to speak, read and write in local vernacular language of the state applied.
- Character – “Exemplary” ( Minimum requirement)
- Medical Standards –Category “A”/ Shape-I medical category at the time of retirement
- Must be physically fit to carry out duties of Security Guard
- Physical Standards –Must not be Physically Handicapped or incapacitated in a manner which will hamper performance of duties as a Bank Security Guard.
Indian Bank Recruitment 2017 for Security Guard / Peon Application form
Candidates can Apply through the official website of Indian Bank or Direct link to download the application form is also posted below. The duly completed application form along with the following documents should be submitted to the respective Indian Bank Zonal offices of the state for which applied (Details mentioned below).
Application form: Download Application Form – Process Over!
The last date for receiving the Application form was December 30, 2017.
Documents to be enclosed:
- Copy of PAN Card
- Proof of date of birth / Matriculation or SSC Examination certificate in support of age.
- Mark sheets in support of educational qualifications
- Discharge Certificate/Service Record Book/Record of Service Book duly indicating the date of joining with rank/designation, date of relieving with rank/designation and reason for relieving etc. issued by the Employer/Competent authority.
- In case candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category, copy of the latest Caste / community Certificate from the competent authority, in the format given on website.
Applications should be sent through Registered/Speed post only.
Addresses of the Zonal Offices of the respective state for sending the complete application form along with documents are mentioned below. The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed “Application for the post of Security Guard cum Peon 2017-18” addressing to The Chief Manager, HRM Department of the respective Zonal Offices.
Indian Bank Recruitment 2017 for Security Guard / Peon Exam Pattern
Physical fitness test:
The test will comprise of 5-meter shuttle, Pushups and Sit-ups. Minimum Qualifying Standards- 5-meter shuttle – Min. 11 times in a minute, Min 13 Pushups, Min 20 Sit up
Paper based-Objective type written test:
Only those candidates who qualify in Physical fitness test will be allowed to appear for the Written Test. The written test will comprise of 50 questions for duration of 90 minutes (Max marks 100).
|Topics/Subject||No. of Questions|
|Knowledge Of Local Language||10|
|Simple Arithmetic And Reasoning||10|
|Knowledge In Security Aspects||10|
|Basics Of Banking||10|
To ascertain the proficiency in the local vernacular language of State / UT, the first 10 questions will be mandatory to answer and suitably framed to test the local language. In case any of the candidates fails to secure minimum 40% in the first 10 questions of local language proficiency test (35% for SC/ST Category), further questions will not be evaluated and those candidates will be deemed to be disqualified for the post.
Candidates should secure a minimum of 40% in total marks and as per GOI guidelines 5% relaxation will be factored in case of SC/ST candidates. The written test except proficiency in the local language will be available bilingually i.e. English / Local language.
Centers for Test
Candidates can select only one centre and must indicate its name and Code No. in the application. The Bank reserves the right to add or delete any centre. The time, date and venue of the test will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates in due course. Request for change of centre will not be entertained.
|Name of the Centre||Code No.|
The Indian Bank has released the result for the exam. The candidates who applied for the recruitment and appeared for the exam can check the result. The link to check the result has been given below. To check the result, click on the link given below.
- List of marks obtained by candidates appeared for both physical fitness test and written test (centre wise): Click here to check the result.
- List of selected candidates (centre wise): Click here to check the list.
General Rules / Instructions
- The candidates have to apply in Offline mode only and send the application to the address mentioned below for the respective state.
- It is mandatory to send in the prescribed format before closing date. Candidates should submit the application along with copies of certificates/ documents in support of their age, qualification, experience etc.If at any stage, it is found that any information furnished in the application is false/ incorrect or if according to the Bank, the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, his candidature/ appointment will be cancelled/ terminated.
- Candidates already in service of Government/Quasi-Government Organisations and Public Sector Banks /Undertakings will have to send a “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from their employer along with the applications or through proper channel. Without ‘NOC’, the applications will be rejected. However, before appointment in Indian Bank, a proper discharge certificate from the employer will have to be produced.
- Candidates will be advised about their inclusion for the test in due course. The shortlisted candidate for test after screening of their eligibility along with the time table (i.e. date, time and venue of test) will be communicated at the appropriate time.
- Candidates have to make their own travel and stay arrangement and Bank will not bear any expense.
- No other application except the prescribed format available in the Bank’s website will be accepted.
- Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement/ recruitment shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Chennai only.
For more details regarding Indian Bank Recruitment 2017 for Security Guard / Peon – Advertisement