Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry January 2019 – The Indian Navy has released notification for Unmarried Male candidates(fulfilling the conditions of nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a four year degree course for enrollment in 10+2 BTech cadet entry scheme( permanent commission), which will commence from January 2019. Interested candidates can fill the Indian Navy 10+2 btech cadet entry scheme application form from the official site. All the eligible candidates, those who are satisfying the eligibility criteria can check all the necessary details of this scheme like application process, eligibility criteria, selection criteria and other important information from this page.
Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry Scheme January 2019
Interested candidates can apply for Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry scheme as per schedule dates mentioned below. Before going to apply, candidates must read all the details carefully and fulfill the eligibility criteria. Official website of Indian Navy is http://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in, where you would find all the important scheme related information.
|Application Form Available from||02 Jun 2018|
|Last Date of Online Application||21 Jun 2018|
- Age Limit – Candidates should have been born between 02 Jul 1999 and 01 Jan 2002 (Both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – Candidates should have passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board recognized by Council of Boards of School Education in India(COBSE) with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM-Passing in each subject mandatory) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
- Who can Apply – Candidates who have appeared for JEE (Main) -2018 (for B.E./ B.Tech) exam.
Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on the basis of JEE (Main) – 2018 All India Rank.
- Height and Weight Minimum – Candidates of height 157 cms with correlated weight as per age is considered eligible. However, relaxations in height is permissible to candidates holding domicile of areas mentioned below:-
|Area||Minimum height standard (in centimetres) after relaxation|
|Tribals from Ladakh Region||155|
|A&N, Lakshadweep and Minicoy Islands||155|
|Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese, Garhwali, Kumaoni and Uttarakhand||152|
|Bhutan, Sikkim & North East Regions||152|
- Eye Sight – The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision for a candidate is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Candidate should not be color/night blind.
- Tattoo – Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body, however, certain
concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities/from tribal areas as declared
by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on
inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal)
side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website:
Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme Application Form has been available on official website of Indian Navy i.e., www.joinindiannavy.gov.in for filling the Cadet Entry Scheme Batch course commencing from January 2019. All eligible unmarried Male Indian Citizen can apply in the prescribed format to join Indian Navy. All candidates are advised to avoid last minute rush and apply early for the same.
IHQ of MoD(Navy) reserves the right to fix the cut off for shortlisting of applications for SSB
based on JEE (Main) All India Rank- 2018. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB
interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore / Visakhapatnam/ Kolkata from Jul – Oct 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by candidates in their application form.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two stages. Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture
Perception test and Group Discussion. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II test comprises Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview which will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Change of SSB venue for interview is not permissible.
- A choice of date for appearing in SSB will be indicated in the application dashboard for shortlisted
candidates. Any correspondence regarding further change of SSB date is to be addressed to the Call up
Officer of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability of
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 3rd AC rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this
Commission on production of tickets. Candidates will carry photo copy of the first page of bank passbook or cheque leaf where the name, account No. and IFS Code details are mentioned while appearing for SSB.
- The training is scheduled to commence from Jan 2019.
- Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala, based on All India Merit and number of vacancies. All India
Merit will be prepared as per SSB marks. Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for the four
year B. Tech Course in applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch),
Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialisation) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per Naval requirements. On completion of the
course, B. Tech Degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Note: (i) All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals as per extant regulations.
(ii) There will be no relaxation in Physical Standards other than exceptions mentioned above.
Indian Naval Academy, under this 10+2 BTech Entry Scheme, would provide the following perks or benefits to the candidate :
- Promotions –The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to
completion of mandatory courses, sea time and medical condition.
- Cost to Company (CTC) – The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 83,448/- to
Rs. 96,204/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance (HRA 24%/16%/08% as per classification of cities) and Transport allowance.
- Privileges – In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides Free Medical Facilities and Canteen Facilities for Self & dependents, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation,Car/Housing Loan at subsidized rates.
- Group Insurance & Gratuity – Insurance cover of Rs. 75 lakhs (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
- Leave Entitlements – Officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force. Officers are also entitled 40% rail concession to any place and leave travel concessions (as per extant rules) for self and dependents.
- Sports & Adventure – The Navy provides facilities for various sports. In addition, one can also learn and participate in adventure sports such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
For more such details on Indian Navy 10+2 BTech Entry January 2019: Click here to download the official advertisement.