Indian Navy Draughtsman Recruitment 2020: The Indian Navy is inviting offline applications for recruitment into Group C Non Gazetted positions. Candidates suiting the specified eligibility criteria can submit their applications on the prescribed proforma. The last date of receiving applications by post is 21 days from the day of publishing the advertisement. Candidates having the requisite educational qualification are eligible to apply. Check out the details of the recruitment in this article.
Latest: Applications to the Indian Navy for recruitment of Draughtsman (cartographic) is going on through offline mode.
Indian Navy Draughtsman Recruitment 2020
Recruitment is going on for the National Hydrographic Office, Dehradun. The Indian Navy is recruiting draughtsman in a total number of 06 vacancies. Check out the important events and dates of the recruitment below.
|Last date of |
receipt of application
|21 days from the publication |
news/decision of the
|Date of examination||To be indicated on |
Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Indian Navy specifies the minimum eligibility criteria for recruitment into the Draughtsman (cartographic) positions. Check out the detailed eligibility criteria below.
The Indian Navy specifies the minimum age to be 18 years. The maximum age for the post is set at 25 years. The Indian Navy allows relaxations in the maximum age limit as per the norms of the Indian government. Check out the applicable age relaxations for reserved categories below.
Candidates must possess the minimum educational qualification of matriculation (or equivalent qualification). In addition, the candidates must possess any of the following specified professional qualifications to be eligible for the post.
- Two years Certificate in draughtsmanship from any recognized ITI.
- Three years apprenticeship in Apprenticeship Training Scheme in Draughtsmanship
- ITI certificate and two years Trade Apprenticeship Training along with a certificate of the All India Trade Test (any trade).
- Certificate in AutoCAD from DOEACC
Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 Pay Scale and Vacancies
The Indian Navy has announced the recruitment for 06 vacancies in all. Recruited candidates are appointed as per the 7th level of the Central Pay Commission. Check out the vacancy distribution and pay details below.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 Application Process
Only offline applications are accepted for the Indian Navy Draughtsman Recruitment 2020. Candidates must send their applications to The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Headquarters, Western Naval Command, Ballard Estate, Near Tiger Gate, Mumbai – 400 001. Candidates are required to enter their complete details in the prescribed proforma and send it through registered/speed post. The envelope must be superscribed neatly as “Application for the post of Draughtsman (Caratographic) and Category of the candidate. Check out below the prescribed proforma for submitting offline applications.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 Document Required
- Candidates must enclose a testimonial of their proficiency.
- The application proforma must be typed in A4 sized paper and filled up completely.
- Candidates must paste a self-attested and recent passport size photo at the designated space on the application form.
- Candidates must enclose two additional passport size photos self-attested on the back side.
- Candidates must enclose self attested copies of all educational qualifications/certificates
- Self-attested copy of 10th certificate or birth certificate must also be enclosed.
- Government employees are required to enclose the self-attested copy of the No Objection certificate issued by the employer.
- Candidates must enclose self-attested copies of caste and disabilities certificate.
- A self-addressed envelope is (23 x 13 cm) must with enclosed along with paid postage stamp of Rs 45 affixed on the corner.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 Exam Scheme
A written examination is conducted for the preliminary shortlisting of eligible candidates. Check out the details of the exam scheme and pattern below.
- Language: The question paper is set in English and Hindi language.
- Exam Mode: The examination is conducted offline i.e. on pen and paper.
- Sections: Question paper consist of five sections based on different subjects.
- Type of questions: All questions are of the MCQ type.
- Total marks: The examination carries 100 marks in total.
Check out the detailed distribution of marks below
awareness and reasoning
|Science and technology||20|
|Awareness in relevant trade||50|
Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of the Indian Navy Draughtsman Recruitment 2020 includes five subjects including the trade of the draughtsmanship post. Check out the detailed syllabus for each subject of the recruitment examination below.
Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 Selection Procedure
Applicants are selected based on their performance in the initial written examination. The Indian Navy shortlists candidates for the written examination based on a 1:25 ratio due to a large number of applications submitted against limited vacancies. Qualifying candidates in the written examination are required to appear for the document verification stage. Final selection is made through a final medical test of the selected candidates.