Indian Navy Officer Jan 2019 (Logistic Cadre) – The Indian Navy is inviting the unmarried eligible male candidates for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in Executive Branch (Logistics Cadre) in the Indian Navy for ‘Jan 2019 Course’ conducted at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. On this page, you can find all the details related to the eligibility, application process, selection process and other important instructions.
Indian Navy Officer Jan 2019 (Logistics Cadre)
Applications are invited for the logistics branch/cadre by the Indian Navy. The selection process will be based on SSB Interviews. The application process has been started and all the important dates of the admission process are given in the table below.
|Availability of Application form||20 Jan 2018|
|Last Date to submit online application form||10 Feb 2018|
|SSB Interview||18 May to 18 Jul 2018|
Candidates have to register and fill the online application on the recruitment website http://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Post: PC (Logistics)
- No. of Posts: 20
- Age limit: Born between 02 Jan 1994 – 01 Jul 1999 (both dates inclusive)
- Educational Qualification: BE/B.Tech in any discipline, B.Sc / B.Com / B.Sc.(IT), MCA / M.Sc (IT), and an MBA with minimum 60%.
- Mode of application: Online
- Selection Process: Selection will be done on the basis of Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews.
- Pay Scale & Promotions: The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is based on time scale subject to completion of mandatory courses, sea time & medical conditions. The Pay scale and promotion criteria are as follows:
|Rank||Pay as per defence matrix||Level||MSP|
|Sub Lieutenant (S Lt)||56100-110700||10||15500|
|Lieutenant CDR (Lt Cdr)||69400-136900||11||15500|
The aspiring Candidates have to register and fill the online application on the recruitment website http://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The application process is online and no offline mode of application will be available. Candidates can find all the detailed information and instructions about filling up the form in the quick link provided above.
The candidates aspiring to join the Indian Navy Officer Jan 2019 (Logistics Cadre), must fulfil certain criteria before applying. There are strict eligibility criteria and every candidate must be thorough before going ahead with the application process. The eligibility criteria are listed down:
|Branch/Cadre||Born Between||Type of Commission||Gender|
|Logistics||02 Jan 1994 – 01 Jul 1999||PC||Male|
|Branch/Cadre||Education Qualification||Vacancy||Minimum Percentage|
- It is mandatory that candidates should have completed their degree on the date of filing the application.
- Only one application is to be filled by a candidate.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch/cadre should mention their preference in order of priority in their application form.
- Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their academic performance.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference.
- However, if not shortlisted for first preference you may be considered for alternate branch/cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that branch/cadre.
- Once shortlisted for a branch/cadre subsequent stages of the selection process (SSB, Medicals & Merit List) will be exclusively for that branch/cadre only.
- Candidates applying for the Education entry must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in class X and class XII and minimum 60% marks in English in class X or class XII.
- No other educational qualification would be considered valid other than that mentioned above.
The minimum height for Males is 157 cm with correlated weight as per age and height. Candidates from the following regions are granted relaxation in height. In this regard, domicile is to be mentioned.
|Tribals from Ladhakh Region||155 cm|
|Gorkhas, Nepali, Assamese, Garhwali, Kumaoni and Uttarakhand||152 cm|
|Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep and Minicoy Islands||155 cm|
|Bhutan, Sikkim & North East Region||152 cm|
- Eyesight: The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision is 6/60 in both eyes, correctable with glasses to 6/6 in better eye & 6/12 in worst eye. Should not be colour/night blind.
- Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body, however, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates, permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website www. joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals as per extant regulations.
- There will be no relaxation in Medical Standards.
Indian Navy Officer Jan 2019 (Logistics Cadre) – Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for Indian Navy Officer Jan 2019 (Logistics Cadre) is listed down below:
- IHQ of MoD reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off/based on the percentage of marks obtained in final educational qualification without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam. A choice of dates for appearing in SSB will be indicated in the application dashboard for shortlisted candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
- The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of two Stages- Stage I (Day one) and Stage II (Four days). Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per All India Merit of SSB marks depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for the interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates is addressed to the call-up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter. Candidates are to download the call-up letter on receiving intimation from IHQ-MoD(Navy) on SMS/e-mail(provided by the candidate in their application).
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of the test during SSB interviews.
- Selected candidates will be inducted as an officer in the rank of Sub Lieutenant.
- Their training is scheduled to commence at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala.
- Candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course at Indian Naval Academy followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments/ Units/Ships.
- Full Pay and allowances are admissible to the Officers whilst undergoing training.
Official Website: www.joinindiannavy.gov.in