Indian Navy SSR 2019 – The Indian Navy has released notification for Unmarried Male Candidates for the enrolment as Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) for February 2019 Batch. Interested candidates have to fill up the application form which is made available on the official website. Selection for Indian Navy SSR will be based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations. Get here complete details related to Indian Navy SSR 2019 like schedule, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern and selection procedure etc.
Indian Navy SSR 2019
Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) for February 2019 Batch. Before going to apply candidates must read all the details carefully.
Schedule for Indian Navy SSR 2019 are given below:
|Application form commence from||02 Jun 2018|
|Last date of Online Application Form||15 Jun 2018|
|Availability of Call Letter||Aug 2018|
|Written Test||As per Admit Card|
|Date of Result||same day of written test|
Candidates will be able to access all the detailed information about each event of Indian Navy SSR 2019 from the quick link section.
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria carefully before going to apply for Indian Navy SSR 2019. The criteria for eligibility are as follows:
Educational Qualification: Qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects: – Chemistry/Biology/Computer science from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India. 3.
Age: Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1998 to 31 Jan 2002 (Both dates inclusive).
The applications are to be filled online only on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and all required documents in original are to be scanned and uploaded.
The Online applications along with the required certificates will be sorted out State-wise. The qualifying cut off a percentage of a particular state may be increased if the number of applications with the higher percentage is received.
Admit Card for eligible short listed candidates indicating the date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled for Sep/ Oct 2018, would be required to be downloaded from the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. Admit Card will be tentatively uploaded on the website by Early Aug 2018. Admit Card will not be sent by post. Candidates can be allotted any center view administrative reasons.
Before appearing for the exam candidates must know about the exam pattern for better preparation. As Exam pattern highlights important topics, marks, and the number of questions to be asked.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The question paper will be of 10+2 standard and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT): PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Note: Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the Final Medical Examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit in Final Medical Examination will be enrolled. Candidates who are found medically unfit will be advised to appeal against his findings if they so desire at INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam within a maximum period of 21 days.
Note: Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to the examination.
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Note: Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
Tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e, from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of the hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and the candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Results of the examination will be announced on the same day and those who qualify examination will undergo PFT and Initial Medical Examination, which may take 1-2 days.
A merit list will be prepared from all the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon vacancies. The select list will be made available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on December 20, 2018. All candidates, whose names appear in the Select list, would be required to report at INS Chilka for Final Medical Examination. The selection of a candidate will stand cancelled and he will have no claim for enrolment in the Indian Navy in case the candidate fails to report on the date and time mentioned in call letter for Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka.
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
All select listed candidates reporting at INS Chilka for Final Medical Examination, are to produce the self-attested certificates submitted at the time of submitting the online application, along with all the original certificates. If the details provided during online application stage are not matching with the original certificates at INS Chilka, the candidature will be cancelled.
All select listed candidates will be required to download Call letter for Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka and other associated forms. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on Police Verification form / Online police verification form from the Superintendent of Police of their respective jurisdiction. Candidates without the verified police verification reports or reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. A sample format for the police verification form may be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in to ensure timely verification. No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment/ enrolment after a period of six months.
Training: The training for the course will commence in Feb 2019, with 22 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
Discharge as Unsuitable: Sailors are liable to be discharged as “UNSUITABLE” due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Initial Engagement: The initial engagement is subject to successful completion of training and is for a period of 15 years.
Pay and Requisites
Pay & Allowances: During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 21,700- ₹69,100). In addition, they will be paid MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable).
Promotion: Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (₹ 47,600- ₹ 1, 51,100) plus MSP @ ₹ 5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
- During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food, and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post-retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/ admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time.
Insurance Cover: Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs 37.50 lakhs for all sailors is applicable.
For more details about Indian Navy SSR 2019 candidates can go through the advertisement.