JKPSC KAS Exam Preparation 2022 – Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC KAS) Exam is organized by the public service commission of Jammu and Kashmir state. JKPSC recruits many candidates every year for various posts inside J&K. Candidates should focus on tips and strategies which increase the chances of a high score in the exam. Candidates who are well focussed can definitely succeed in the exam. In this article, we have provided various tips and strategies to crack the exam easily. Scroll below to know more.
JKPSC KAS Exam Preparation 2022
JKPSC KAS exam is conducted to fill up various posts inside Jammu and Kashmir. This exam is conducted for various posts like J&K Police (G) Service, J&K Accounts (G) Service, etc. To prepare for the JKPSC KAS exam candidates should know the syllabus and exam pattern first. Candidates can read the information given below for helpful tips and strategies.
JKPSC KAS Syllabus 2022
The detailed syllabus for JKPSC KAS exam is released by the authority on the official website. Before beginning the preparation one must go through the syllabus first. Main topics for the exam are given below:
JKPSC Prelims Syllabus
The Preliminary Exam consists of 2 papers. Paper 1 is General studies 1 and Paper 2 is General Studies 2. In order to proceed to the mains exam candidate has to clear each and every exam. The preliminary exam is MCQ based exam and each paper carries 200 marks.
Paper 1 syllabus
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- General issues of Environmental Ecology
- General Science
- Indian Polity and Governance Constitution, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj
- Poverty, Social Sector Initiatives
Paper 2 syllabus
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- General Mental Ability, Comprehension
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
The Mains Exam consists of a total of 8 papers and the candidate has to clear each paper from the beginning to proceed to the last interview round.
- Short Essays
General studies paper 1,2,3 and Ethics Syllabus is listed below:
- Indian Heritage and Culture
- Freedom Struggle, Post Independence
- Modern Indian History
- Diversity of India
- Effects of globalisation on Indian Society
- Important Geophysical Phenomena
- Indian Constitution- Amendments, Basic Structure, Evolution etc
- Indian Economy- Growth, Development etc
- Ethics and Human Interface
And the other papers are related to the optional subjects the candidate has opted for. The candidate who clears each exam is called for the interview round.
JKPSC KAS Exam Pattern
The JKPSC KAS Exam is divided into 3 stages: Prelims, Mains and Interview. A detailed exam pattern is given below:
- Prelims is objective type exam
- Each paper carries 200 marks
- There is negative marking
- Duration for exam- 120 minutes
- Total 8 papers
- Candidates have to clear each paper
- Duration for each paper- 3 hours
The Interview Round is the last round of the selection process. Candidates who will clear mains with the qualifying marks are called for the last round. Candidates should know the latest current affairs.
JKPSC Exam Preparation Tips
Some helpful tips and strategies are given below:
- The JKPSC Exam has so many papers so the candidate should first go through the syllabus for each exam as it will help the candidate to understand the weakness and strengths.
- Give importance to each subject and make a schedule or to-do list everyday, it will help you to reach your goals.
- For English download material from the internet and make sure you practice it everyday. And don’t memorise things, learn them.
- Candidates should concentrate on International Relations of India.You don’t need to learn relations of India with each country. Be that as it may, focus on the relations India has with neighbouring nations. Like India-Pakistan relation, India-China relation and so forth.
- For Disaster Management make short notes from the internet only or a candidate can also prepare case studies for this subject.
- For Ethics subject, candidates can refer to case studies from previous year papers or from youtube also.
- .Revise everything once a week. Make it a habit to revise everything on sundays.
- For Logical Reasoning practice as many questions as you can in a day it will help you to understand your weak points. Also time management is the key. Give yourself a target and try to solve questions in that specific time only.
- Practice previous year question papers, sample papers and give mock tests weekly.
Subject Wise Preparation
JKPSC Exam is mostly about General Knowledge so here are some basic and effective tips for the prelims and mains exam:
For General Knowledge
- Read newspapers on daily basis and write down the important information in a notebook
- Read magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan
- Give daily quizzes or mock tests
- Stay updated by the latest news
For Logical Reasoning/Mental Ability
- Practice questions daily because practising questions improve the speed and brings accuracy in problem solving
- Learn the formulas and write them down
- As logical Reasoning/Quantitative Aptitude is a difficult subject for some candidates, choose a time when you think you can catch and learn more information and concentrate well.
For History, Geography, and Polity
- Read NCERT Books thoroughly from class 6th it will help you to clear the basic doubts.
- Note down the important facts from the books
- Quiz yourself on daily basis
- Use Feynman technique in these subjects. Give various tests which are available online.
- Refer to case studies from previous year question papers
- Find other case studies which are available on the internet by some coaching institutes or experts
- Decode every topic and take reference from google
- Book Recommendation- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude by Niraj Kumar
Preparation Books for JKPSC KAS Exam
Some important books referred by exam toppers and experts are listed below:
|Indian Heritage, Art and Culture- Madhukar Kumar Bhagat||Click here|
|Geography of India- Majid Husain||Click here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning- R.S Aggarwal||Click here|
|Indian Economy- Uma Kapila||Click here|
|Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude- R.K Gupta, IRS||Click here|
|Objective General English- R.S Aggarwal||Click here|
JKPSC KAS Exam is conducted by Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission once a year. The exam is conducted for various jobs like J&K(G) Police Service, J&K (G) Accountants, etc. This time there are a total 257 vacancies. The education qualification for this exam is that a candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from a recognized university.
Ans: Practice speaking in front of the mirror, stay updated by the latest facts/news
Ans: This exam is divided into 3 stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. The candidate has to clear each and every exam.
Ans: Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.33 marks.
Ans: Yes, because the latest editions have updated news and facts which will help the candidate in the exam.