Office of the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka has released notification for direct recruitment of Karnataka Civil Judge Recruitment 2017 for 167 Posts of Civil Judges [the then Civil Judge (Junior Division)] which includes the existing and consequential vacancies. Candidates who are eligible and check their eligibility criteria can fill the Application Form from here. Candidates can check the complete information of Karnataka Civil Judge Recruitment 2017 like application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc through this page below.
Latest – Result for Karnataka Civil Judge Mains 2017 has been announced. Statement of Main Written Examination Mark Cards, who are not Eligible for Viva-Voce has also been announced. Check on result page link.
|Admit Card||Click Here|
Karnataka Civil Judge Recruitment 2017
Total No. of Vacancies – 167 posts
Educational Qualification – Degree in Law
Selection Process – Candidates selection will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in a competitive examination (Main Examination and Viva-voce) conducted by the High Court.
- Prelims Exam – Rs. 250/- for SC/ST category and Rs. 500/- for all others candidates.
- Main Exam – Rs. 500/- for SC/ST Category and Rs. 1000/- for all others candidates.
|Last date for register / submit application form||01 Mar 2017|
|Last date for payment of fee through challan||04 Mar 2017|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||04 May 2017|
|Date of release of Answer Key||05 May 2017|
|Date of release of Final Answer Key||15 May 2017|
|Declaration of Result of Prelims Exam||05 Jul 2017|
|Date of Main Examination||15 & 16 Jul 2017|
Karnataka Civil Judge Recruitment 2017 – Application Form
Those who are desirous of applying for the said posts are required to fill the application online on the website http://karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in/. Applications sent by any other mode other than online will not be considered and to remit the fee. Candidates can also fill their Application form from the direct link provided below.
Application Process is over now.
Get Karnataka Civil Judge Application Form 2017 here – Click here to fill the Karnataka Civil Judge Recruitment 2017 Application Form issued by Govt of Karnataka.
How to Apply?
- Must be holder of a degree in Law granted by a University established by Law in India and must have been enrolled as an Advocate.
- Must not have completed as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications, 38 years of age in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe and 35 years of age in the case of ohters.
- For ex-servicemen candidates, relaxation of three years in the upper age limit.
Recruitment of In-service Candidates
- Must be holder of a degree in Law granted by a University established by Law in India.
- Must not have completed as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications, 43 years of age in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe and 40 years of age in the case of others.
- All In-service candidates haveing required qualification working in the
- High Court and in the District Judiciary irrespective of their cadres are eligible for the post of Civil Judge.
- Assistant Public Prospectors cum Additional Government Pleaders who are working in the Department of Prosecutions and Government Litigation are also eligible to apply for the post of Civil Judges.
Karnataka Civil Judge Recruitment 2017 – Exam Pattern
The Preliminary Examination shall be conducted by way of Objective Type Question Paper consisting of 100 marks and the syllabi for the said examination.
- Translation Paper (Maximum Marks 100)
- Law Paper I (Maximum Marks 100)
- Law Paper II (Maximum Marks 100)
- Law Paper III (Maximum Marks 100)
Viva voce (Maximum Marks 100)
Computer Test (Maximum Marks 25)
Karnataka Civil Judge Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
By direct recruitment on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in a competitive examination (Main Examination and Viva-voce) conducted by the High Court, consisting of 3 stages i.e.,
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
The marks secured in the Preliminary Examination is considered only for Eligibility for the Main Examination. Qualified caniddates in the Main Examination will be shortlisted for the Viva-voce. All the above round are compulsory to attend.