Office of the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka has issued a notification of Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 for filling up the District Judges by Direct Recruitment. Interested and eligible candidates can fill their Application Form for District Judges, online from here. Candidates who hold a degree in Law are eligible to apply for this post. Interested candidates can check the complete information of Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 like application form filling process, eligibility criteria, vacancies details etc through this page below.
Latest – Admit Card has been released for Karnataka District Judge Preliminary Exam 2017. Scroll down to download.
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017
Total No. of Vacancy – 60
Name of the Post – District Judges
Age Limit – Candidates must not have attained the age of 45 year on the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
Educational Qualification – Degree in Law
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected for District Judges on the basis of marks and performance in Written Examination (Prelim and Main) and Viva-voce held by Office of the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka.
How to Apply – All eligible applicants shall apply Online through the link provided in the High Court of Karnataka website www.karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in/recruitment.asp.
|Last date to register / submit online application||30 Apr 2017|
|Last date for payment of fee through challan||03 May 2017|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||02 Jul 2017|
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 Application Form
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 Application Form can be filled online from the official website or from the direct link provided below. All the candidates who are satisfy with eligibility criteria as mention here are eligible to apply. There is no other mode of application form is accepted.
Application Process is over now.
Get Karnataka District Judge Application Form 2017 – Click here to fill the Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017.
- Preliminary Exam
- SC/ST/CAT-I – Rs 250/-
- For others – Rs 500/-
- Main Exam
- SC/ST/CAT-I – Rs. 750/-
- For others – Rs. 1000/-
To check the steps for How to make Payment on Online / Challan – Click Here
How to Apply?
- Must be holder of a degree in Law granted by a University established by Law in India.
- Must be practicing as an Advocate in the High Court or in a Subordinate Court on the last date fixed for receipt of applications and must have so practiced for a period not less than seven years as on such date.
Note : Public Prosecutor/Assistant Public Prosecutor/Government Counsel in full time employment of the State having not less than seven years of continuous practice immediately preceding the last date fixed for receipt of applications are also eligible for appointment.
Age Limit – Must not have attained the age of 48 year in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled castes or Scheduled Tribes and 45 years in the case of others, as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
Note: The maximum age limit is relaxed by 3 years in case of Ex-servicemen candidates.
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 Admit Card
Admit Card for Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 has been issued online at official website. Candidates who have filled their Application Form online on or before the last date are eligible to download their Admit Card for Written Examination.
Admit Card for Preliminary examination is issued after the completion of application process. Admit Card for Main examination will be issued for those candidate who have cleared or qualified in Preliminary Examination.
Get Admit Card here – Click here to download admit card for Karnataka District Judge Preliminary Exam 2017.
List of Eligible Candidates for Preliminary Examination
- Intimation regarding List of Eligible and In-Eligible Candidates for Preliminary Examination
- List of Eligible Candidates for Preliminary Examination – Annexure-A
- List of In-Eligible Candidates for Preliminary Examination – Annexure-B
- Upload Photograph and Signature for the candidates mentioned in Part-II of Annexure-A
Admit Card for both Prelims and Main Examination is issued by Office of the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka separately.
The competitive examination for recruitment of District Judges shall consits of 3 stages namely:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
The Preliminary Examination shall be conducted by way of Objective Type Questions Paper with multiple choices of 1½ hours (Ninety minutes) duration consisting of 100 marks. The syllabi for the said examination shall be the following, namely:-
Part A – Civil Law
Part B – Criminal Law
Part C – General Knowledge (Test of reasoning and Mental aptitude)
The Competitive Written Examination for recruitment of District Judges shall consist of-
- Written Examination of two papers each of three hours duration with 150 maximum marks for each paper-one in Civil Law and another in Criminal Law.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to answer at least one of the paper in English language and in so far as the other paper is concerned, it shall be optional for the candidates to answer the same either or in Kannada in which event the said paper shall be answered entirely in the language in which option is exercised.
The viva-voce shall carry maximum 50 marks.
The candidate’s General Knowledge, grasp on principles of law and suitability for appointment as District Judge shall be tested.
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Selection of candidates shall be made in the order of merit on the basis of aggregate of the marks obtained in the Written Examination and Viva-voce test, subject to the Government Orders relating to reservation of posts for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other backward classes.
Provided that no candidate who has secured less than the minimum marks specified above
- in any paper of the written examination shall be eligible for Viva-voce.
- in any paper of the Written examination or in viva-voce shall be eligible for appointment as District Judge.
For more details of Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 – Download Official Advertisement.