|SRM University MBA Admission 2018||Apply Here!|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Office of the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka has issued a notification of Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 for filling up the District Judges by Direct Recruitment. Interested and eligible candidates can fill their Application Form for District Judges, online from here. Candidates who hold a degree in Law are eligible to apply for this post. Interested candidates can check the complete information of Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 like application form filling process, eligibility criteria, vacancies details etc through this page below.
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017
|Last date to register / submit online application||30 Apr 2017|
|Last date for payment of fee through challan||03 May 2017|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||02 Jul 2017|
|Declaration of Prelims Exam Result||22 Jul 2017|
|Date of Main Examination||17 Sep 2017|
|Date of Result||14 Dec 2017|
- Total No. of Vacancy – 60
- Name of the Post – District Judges
Age Limit – Candidates must not have attained the age of 45 year on the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
Educational Qualification – Degree in Law
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected for District Judges on the basis of marks and performance in Written Examination (Prelim and Main) and Viva-voce held by Office of the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka.
How to Apply – All eligible applicants shall apply Online through the link provided in the High Court of Karnataka website www.karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in/recruitment.asp.
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 Application Form
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 Application Form can be filled online from the official website or from the direct link provided below. All the candidates who are satisfy with eligibility criteria as mention here are eligible to apply. There is no other mode of application form is accepted.
Application Process is over now.
Get Karnataka District Judge Application Form 2017 – Click here to fill the Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017.
- Preliminary Exam
- SC/ST/CAT-I – Rs 250/-
- For others – Rs 500/-
- Main Exam
- SC/ST/CAT-I – Rs. 750/-
- For others – Rs. 1000/-
To check the steps for How to make Payment on Online / Challan – Click Here
How to Apply?
- Must be holder of a degree in Law granted by a University established by Law in India.
- Must be practicing as an Advocate in the High Court or in a Subordinate Court on the last date fixed for receipt of applications and must have so practiced for a period not less than seven years as on such date.
Note : Public Prosecutor/Assistant Public Prosecutor/Government Counsel in full time employment of the State having not less than seven years of continuous practice immediately preceding the last date fixed for receipt of applications are also eligible for appointment.
Age Limit – Must not have attained the age of 48 year in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled castes or Scheduled Tribes and 45 years in the case of others, as on the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
Note: The maximum age limit is relaxed by 3 years in case of Ex-servicemen candidates.
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 Admit Card
Admit Card for Karnataka District Judge Main Exam 2017 has been issued online at official website. Candidates who have qualified the Preliminary Exam and applied for main exam can download the call letter.
Admit Card for the Main examination has been issued for those candidates who have cleared or qualified in Preliminary Examination.
Admit Card: Click here to download admit card for Karnataka District Judge Main Exam 2017.
Important Regarding Main Examination
- Intimation regarding Main Examination scheduled to be held on 17th September 2017
- List of candidates, who are Eligible for Main Examination
- List of candidates, who are Ineligible for Main Examination
Admit Card for both Prelims and Main Examination is issued by Office of the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka separately.
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 Answer Key
The Preliminary Examination for the post of District Judges by Direct Recruitment is held on 2nd July 2017 at 4 Colleges in Bengaluru. The candidates appeared for the said examination can access the Key Answers on the official website or through the direct link given below.
Answer Key: Click here to check final answer key for Karnataka District Judge Preliminary Exam 2017.
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 Result
The Main Examination for the post of District Judges by Direct Recruitment held on September 17, 2017. The candidates appeared for the said examination can check the result on the official website or through the direct link given below.
Main Exam Result
- Select List of District Judges by Direct Recruitment
- Intimation and Notification with regard to announcement of Main Result
- List of ineligible for Viva-Voce along with marks statement.
Prelims Exam Result
- Intimation regarding Result of the Preliminary Examination
- List of Eligible Candidates for the Main Examination
- List of Ineligible Candidates for the Main Examination along with Marks secured in Preliminary Examination
The competitive examination for recruitment of District Judges shall consits of 3 stages namely:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
The Preliminary Examination shall be conducted by way of Objective Type Questions Paper with multiple choices of 1½ hours (Ninety minutes) duration consisting of 100 marks. The syllabi for the said examination shall be the following, namely:-
Part A – Civil Law
Part B – Criminal Law
Part C – General Knowledge (Test of reasoning and Mental aptitude)
The Competitive Written Examination for recruitment of District Judges shall consist of-
- Written Examination of two papers each of three hours duration with 150 maximum marks for each paper-one in Civil Law and another in Criminal Law.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to answer at least one of the paper in English language and in so far as the other paper is concerned, it shall be optional for the candidates to answer the same either or in Kannada in which event the said paper shall be answered entirely in the language in which option is exercised.
The viva-voce shall carry maximum 50 marks.
The candidate’s General Knowledge, grasp on principles of law and suitability for appointment as District Judge shall be tested.
Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Selection of candidates shall be made in the order of merit on the basis of aggregate of the marks obtained in the Written Examination and Viva-voce test, subject to the Government Orders relating to reservation of posts for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other backward classes.
Provided that no candidate who has secured less than the minimum marks specified above
- in any paper of the written examination shall be eligible for Viva-voce.
- in any paper of the Written examination or in viva-voce shall be eligible for appointment as District Judge.
For more details of Karnataka District Judge Recruitment 2017 – Download Official Advertisement.