MP TET Preparation 2022 – The candidates appearing for the Madhya Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (MP TET) should read this page for proper guidance to attempt the papers efficiently. After the successful analysis of the varg 3 syllabus and the exam pattern, the candidates can easily categorize the topics based on their strengths and weaknesses. Maintaining a cool temper and repeating regular practice are the most critical aspects of perfect preparation. Get a detailed guideline regarding the MP TET Preparation 2022 including the syllabus, exam pattern, and their utilities, reference of some books, and preparation tips from this article.
MP TET Preparation 2022
Aspirants who have applied for the MP TET 2022 exam must have preceding knowledge about the question formation of the exam. The below-provided varg 3 syllabus and exam pattern can help them regarding this. The aspirants can also get references for some useful books, and preparation tips for the exam here as well.
MP TET 2022 Syllabus
The MP TET syllabus has subjects like – Language (Hindi and English), Social Science, Mathematics, and Child Pedagogy Development. With decent preparational planning, candidates can not only complete the syllabus before time but also can score more than the prescribed MP varg 3 cut-off marks for a confirmed selection. First of all, check out the MP TET subject-wise syllabus below:
- Child development and pedagogy
- theories on developmental, communicative and learning abilities of children,
- Piaget, Pavlov, Thorndike and Kohlberg: constructs and significant aspects.
- Language I and language II
- Mathematics –
- Basic computations are of importance.
- Environmental studies
- Gender theories
- Familial relationships and friendship theories,
- relationship with nature etc.
MP TET 2022 Exam Pattern
After having the syllabus for the MP TET examination, the aspiring candidates should go through the exam pattern for proper conception about the question formation. With the MP TET exam pattern, the candidates can identify the weightage of the different sections, marking scheme, time duration of the exam, and other basic details about the MP TET examination. Check the varg 3 exam pattern provided in the table below.
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Language of examination||Bilingual (Hindi and English language)|
|Duration of examination||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of questions:||150 questions|
|Maximum marks||150 marks|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark for correct answer|
Distribution of questions:
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Child development and pedagogy||30||30|
|Total||150 questions||150 marks|
MP TET Exam Preparation Tips
To get an opportunity of featuring themselves in the MP TET merit list, the candidates should first go through the reliable examination pattern and syllabus for the varg 3, they should also collect the MP TET previous year’s question paper for further guidance. Besides collecting these resources, the candidates must know the perfect usage of these resources. Check out the points enlisted below that can help the aspirants in their preparation for the MP TET exam.
- Understand the syllabus: The first and foremost thing the aspirants can do is to check and perceive the entire MP TET syllabus. Try to complete all the subject-wise topics in the syllabus at least a couple of months before the commencement of the exam.
- Prepare short notes:
- The aspirants start preparing for the MP TET exam, by preparing short notes on each topic. Each topic that should be studied by the aspirant in a day must be on short notes. These short notes help them in quick revision before the exam.
- Enlist all the topics to maintain a proper level of study. Keep a notebook always handy where the aspirants can keep all the records about their studies. This is the finest way to keep a track of the topics.
- Time management: Practice time management while preparing, so that the aspirants can manage timing during the examination. For this start attempting the mock tests using the previous year’s question papers. By this practice, the aspirants can cover all the topics and questions within the prescribed time on the exam day.
- Practice previous year papers: After the compilation of the study according to the syllabus, the aspirants can supplement their preparation with the question papers. This will help them to get accustomed to the exam day ambiance with the real question, real marks distribution, and real-time limits.
Subject-Wise MP TET Preparation tips
It is important to give each subject their own importance as they all carry the same weightage. Each section is worth 30 marks.
Child development and pedagogy
The best way to prepare for this section is to refer previous year question papers. As this exam is in MCQ format you must also consider speed and accuracy and mock tests are the best way to master this
Language I and language II
For language sections paragraph based questions are mostly asked you can practice those types of questions. You can improve your vocabulary and grammar with IELTS based videos available on YouTube and other learning platforms
As far as mathematics is considered NCERT textbooks are your best study partner. Geometry and Trigonometry based questions are usually of the same model as provided in the NCERT textbooks are often asked. Also practice basic computations without calculators for speed and accuracy
Previous year question papers and mock test are the best way to score most points in environmental studies. You can refer the book from Wiley publication for more in depth information on the topic
MP TET Preparation Books
The aspirants should the books that can cover the entire MP TET syllabus in accordance with the exam pattern. Check out some best-recommended books for the MP TET exam referred to in the table below:
|Child Development & Pedagogy||Child Development & Pedagogy||Disha Publication|
|Mathematics||Mathematics Exam Goalpost (Class 1st to 5th)||Wiley Publication|
|Environmental Studies||Environmental Studies||Wiley Publication|
|English||English Language||Pearson Publication & Author name is Geeta Sahni|
|Hindi||Hindi Language||Arihant Publication|
Madhya Pradesh Professional Exam Board (MPPEB) has received the responsibility to conduct the MP Teacher Eligibility Test examination as per schedule. The MP TET exam is administered to select eligible aspirants for the post of primary teachers in the state. It is a state-level examination where the qualified aspirants are granted an eligibility certificate by the board. Though this is a mere qualifying exam that does not secure any job. Here the MP TET qualified aspirants have to apply for teaching jobs with the eligibility of an MP TET certificate.
MP TET Preparation FAQs
Ans. Yes, the mathematics section of the MP TET Exam carries 30 marks.
Ans. It depends on how you prepare for it within the two month period. If you put in the effort for it, you can crack it in two months.
Ans. If you are a candidate of general category you will require 60% or above and if you belong to either of SC/ST/OBC/PH categories you should secure a minimum of 50% marks.