NHTET Preparation Tips 2022 – National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test (NHTET) is an annual nationwide exam conducted by NCHMCT. NHTET is a competition exam conducted as an eligibility test for Teaching Associate or Assistant Lecturer. Aspirants who are willing to appear for NHTET exam must start their preparation with NHTET syllabus and exam pattern pdf. It is crucial for aspirants to understand the topics referring to the best books for NHTET. Candidates can also find subject wise tips and tricks which will help the candidate in their NHTET Preparation Tips 2022.
NHTET Preparation Tips 2022
It is necessary to analyze the NHTET syllabus and exam pattern to get to know the difficulty level and mark distribution of the individual subjects. This will help the candidate in formulating an effective strategy for NHTET preparation. Candidates should put aside the required time of the day for NHTET preparation and be productive during it, this would increase their efficiency and time management skills.
NHTET Exam – Preparation Tips & Tricks
NHTET is a competitive exam to qualify for it, the candidate must be well aware of the exam pattern and syllabus. These will aid the candidate in understanding how they can prepare for the NHTET exam.
- Teaching/research aptitude and Aptitude/method towards teaching
For this section candidates should prepare on subjects like pedagogy and developmental theories and philosophies.
- Reasoning Ability & Divergent thinking
Since the minimum qualification for this exam is a master’s degree the difficulty level tends to be higher. Therefore, candidates should practice for this section from previous year CAT exam question papers.
Comprehensive types of questions are asked to test the candidate’s linguistic abilities. These can only be improved upon by constant practice. Candidates should be aware of the timer while attempting these questions.
- General Awareness and General Knowledge
General Awareness and General knowledge is an expanding subjects. Reading newspapers and reading short bites by online news outlets are also a good ways to brush up on current affairs topics. For general knowledge history, geography, economics and polity are of importance
- Prepare by attempting multiple mock tests which are timed.
- Keep in mind that there will be negative marks of 0.5 for each wrong answer so they must practice for better accuracy
NHTET Exam Preparation Books
- Guide to NHTET: National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test -1200 Practice MCQs and Previous Years’ Papers (Solved) by Shanthanu Jain
- NHTET-Made Easy by Amol Kumar
- NCHMCT NHTET Solved Question Paper At A Glance by Dr.Mohit Chandra
Best Books for NHTET – Click here!
NHTET Syllabus 2022
Given below is a brief overview of the subjects on which the NHTET syllabus is based.
- Teaching/research aptitude
- Aptitude and method towards teaching
- Reasoning ability
- Divergent thinking
- General Awareness
- General Knowledge
- Food science
- General Management
- Hotel accounts (for hospitality related teaching posts).
- Food Production
- F & B Service and Management
- Accommodation Operation Management
- Housekeeping Management.
NHTET Exam Pattern 2022
The exam pattern of National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test or NHTET should go through in detail by the attending candidates. The NHTET exam pattern is basically the layout of how the exam will be conducted. Candidates should use it as a tool to better understand the mark distribution and weightage for each individual subject.
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100 marks each for Paper I & Paper II and 200 marks for Paper III
- Number of questions: 50 questions each for Paper I & Paper II and 100 questions for Paper III
- Marking scheme : two marks for every right answer and 0.5 negative marking for wrong and double marking
|Paper||Number of Questions||Marks|
About NHTET Exam
National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test or NHTET exam is a national level exam. The National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology conducts NHTET every year. This exam is conducted as an eligibility test for teaching aspirants. NHTET exam has three papers – Paper I, Paper II and Paper III. NCHMCT affiliated IHMs will not recruit any Teaching Associate or Assistant Lecturer under direct recruitment against any regular vacancy if the candidate does not have a valid NHTET pass certificate. There will be a skill test after the written exam.
NHTET Preparation Tips 2022 FAQs
Ans: It will depend on the intensity of the candidate’s preparation. However candidates can assess the state of their preparation by attempting multiple mock tests.
Ans: There are dedicated YouTube videos and online learning platforms which will help the candidate in preparing for NHTET exam. They can also refer to previous year question papers of the NHTET exam.
Ans: All Papers of NHTET exam are objective type, OMR based and of MCQ format.