NIC Recruitment 2020 Notification – National Informatics Centre (NIC) has released the notification for the post of Scientist and Scientific officer. Candidates can apply for NIC recruitment 2020 by visiting the official website, calicut.nielit.in. The application procedure for NIC Scientist and Scientific Officer starts from February 26, 2020. To apply, candidates have to pay Rs.800/- as application fee. Get here complete information related to NIC recruitment 2020 including the application process, application fee, eligibility criteria, vacancies and other information.
Latest: Last date of submission of application form for NIC recruitment 2020 has been extended. Check details below.
NIC Recruitment 2020 Notification
Note down the important dates related to NIC Recruitment 2020 from the table provided below:
|NIC Recruitment 2020||Important dates|
|Start date of the application||26 Feb 2020|
|Last date for the submission of application form|
|Date of written examination||to be notified|
NIC Recruitment 2020 Last Date of Application Form Submission has been extended
National Informatics Centre (NIC) has released notice regarding last date of submission of application form has been extended. However, the eligibility conditions, qualification, cut off date for age, and experiience for applying the pots shall remain same ie, March 26, 20020.
NIC Recruitment 2020 Notification
Check the official notification for NIC recruitment 2020 from the image provided below:
NIC Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
This year, NIC has released a total number of 495 vacancies for the post of Scientist, and Scientific Officer. Check the distribution of vacancies for both the post below:
For Scientific Officer
NIC Recruitment 2020 Application Form
National Informatics Centre (NIC) release the application form for Scientist and Scientific Officer on the official website. To know more about the application procedure, refer to the information provided below:
- NIC is inviting the applications for the post of Scientist (Group A) and Scientific officer (Group B).
- Candidates are advised to visit the official website, calicut.nielit.in.
- Applicants can send their applications for Scientist and Scientific Officer only through online mode.
- Candidates first have to register themselves. For registration, candidates have to provide a valid email ID.
- Then proceed to fill the application form and pay the application fee.
Apply Here: Click here to apply for NIC recruitment 2020.
Check the application fee for NIC recruitment for Scientist and Scientific Officer below:
|General and all others||Rs.800/- (per application per post)|
|SC /ST / PWD / Women candidates||Fee exemption|
Mode of payment
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through online procedure.
- They can use Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking to make the payment for the application fee.
Documents required to fill NIC Recruitment Application Form
Here is the list of documents that candidates must have before filling NIC recruitment 2020 application form.
- Scanned copy of the photograph (in JPG format, size less than 50 KB).
- Scanned copy of signature (in JPG format, size less than 50 KB).
- Keep the scanned copy of the following documents ready in PDF file. Size should be less than 03 MB.
- Date of birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Essential educational qualification
- Experience certificate
- Caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
- EWS certificate (is applicable)
- Category certificate (PWD or any other if applicable)
NIC Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before starting with the application procedure for NIC recruitment 2020, refer to the eligibility criteria provided below:
For Scientist – ‘B’
To apply for this post, candidates must have
- B.E/ B.Tech/ DOEACC B- Level OR AMIE/ GIETE Or MSc Or MCA OR ME/M. Tech OR M. Phil
- Electronics, Electronics and communication, computer science, communication, computer and networking security, computer application, software system, information technology, information technology management, informatics, computer management, cyber law, electronics and instrumentation.
For Scientific Technical Assistant – ‘A’
- To apply, candidates must have B.E/ B.Tech/ M. Sc/ MS/ MCA
- Electronics, Electronics and communication, electronics and telecommunications, computer sciences, computer and networking security, software system, information technology, informatics.
Agen Limit: The upper age limit for the NIC recruitment for category shall be as defined below:
NIC Recruitment 2020 Exam Centers
Candidates will indicate their choice from the cities listed below as the Written Examination Centre. No Centre’s change will be allowed later.
Scheme of Examination for NIC Recruitment 2020
The scheme of examination for NIC recruitment 2020 is as follows:
Mode of Examination: OMR based examination
Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions
Number of Questions: The written examination question paper will consist of 65 per cent Technical Area questions and 35 per cent Generic Area questions. There will be a total of 120 objective type Questions comprising 78 Technical Area (Computer Science) questions and 42 Generic Area Questions.
Marking Scheme: Every question will bear 1(one) mark, and 0.25 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
NIC Recruitment 2020 Pay Scale
The newly recruited scientist and scientist officer are provided with the fixed pay scale. Refer to the pay scale for both the post provided below:
|Scientist – ‘B’||Rs. 56,100/- – Rs.177500/-|
|Scientific Technical Assistant – ‘A’||Rs. 35,400/- Rs.112400/-|
Official website: calicut.nielit.in
NIC Recruitment 2020 FAQs
Q1. What is the eligibility criteria for NIC recruitment Scientific Officer?
Ans. To apply for scientific recruitment, candidates must have done B.E/ B.Tech/ M. Sc/ MS/ MCA.
Q2. What is the pay scale for Scientist Group B?
Ans. After final selection, candidates who are selected scientist are provided with Rs. 56,100/- – Rs.177500/- salary.
Q3. What is the application fee for NIC recruitment?
Ans. Candidates have to pay Rs.800/- as application fee of NIC recruitment.