The northwestern railways has invited applications for the Engagement of technical manpower on contract basis, for the constructions project in the jurisdiction of north western railways construction organisation. The total number of posts available are 24 out which 23 are for the junior technical associate and 1 post for the senior technical associate. The candidate interested for these post are to submit their application through ordinary post or dropped in the application box kept in the office of SPO, (Jaipur). It is advised that the candidates must check the eligibility criteria for these post and then apply for the same. The details of how to apply and the selection process are all explained in the article properly. Go through the article to know all about NWR recruitment 2018 for technical associate.
North Western Railway (NWR) Recruitment 2018 for Technical Associate
The application for the posts will start from August 27, 2018, the candidates interested in these are first advised to go through the eligibility requirements and then apply with all their details properly. The dates regarding the application are mentioned below in the table, all the other details are also explained properly below in the article.
|Application form opening||27 Aug 2018|
|Closing of application form||26 Sep 2018|
Note: For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt application is Oct 11,2018.
To apply for the post the candidates need to be eligible for them. the eligibility criteria set for these posts are mentioned below with proper details.
Minimum Education Qualification
- Senior technical Associate: A four year bachelor’s degree in civil engineering Or A combination of any sub stream of Basic streams of Civil Engineering, from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior technical Associate: Three year diploma in civil engineering, B.Sc in civil engineering of three year duration Or A combination of any sub stream of Basic streams of Civil Engineering,from a recognized University/Institute. Or education qualification of senior technical associate(constructions/works).
- The candidates must have minimum marks in bachelor’s degree, As given (a) general candidates:60% (b) OBC/NCL: 55% (c) SC/St candidates: 50%.
Professional Experience if any
- Senior technical Associate: Relevant professional experience of minimum 2 years, in government/PSUs/Semi gov, is desirable. Working experience with private companies executing works for government/PSUs/Semi govt, will also be considered.
- Junior technical Associate: Relevant professional experience of minimum 1 years, in government/PSUs/Semi govt is desirable. Working experience with private companies executing works for government/PSUs/Semi govt, will also be considered.
Age Limit: The age limit to apply for these posts are as follows.
- Senior Technical associate: 21 to 35 years.
- Junior technical Associate: 18 to 33 years.
The upper age limit is relaxable on submission of requisite certificate. The relaxation given are given below.
- For SC/ST candidates: 05 years.
- For OBC non creamy layer candidates: 03 years.
Application Process And Fee
The application are to be sent in an offline mode, The application forms are to be downloaded and duly filled by the candidate. The documents required are also to be attached and are to be sent only through ordinary post or dropped in the application box provided. Applications sent by Registered post or speed post will not be accepted. On the top of the envelop “Engagement as Technical Manpower on Contract basis in North Western Railway/Construction Organization” should be superscribed.
Address: Senior Personnel Officer (Const.),
Room No. 524, 5th Floor,
North Western Railway HQ Office,
Near Jawahar Circle,
Malviya Nagar, Jaipur-302017
A minimal amount is to be paid to apply for the screening and professional personality test which is also to be sent through demand draft. The details regarding the fee are mentioned below.
|Category of candidate||Fee|
|All India category||Rs.500/-|
|For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/Minorities and economically backward classes.||Rs.250/-|
- This fee of Rs. 250/- shall be refunded, to the candidates applied for the post of STA/JTA, after finalization of the panel for Professional Personality Test.
- Demand draft should be in favor of FA&CAO/C/NWR payable at Jaipur.
The selection procedure for the applicant are through screening, it can take more that a day for the selection procedure. The screening criteria for the candidates eligible are given in detail below.
Out of maximum 100 marks the distribution is categorized as follows.
Education qualification (maximum marks): 40
- For senior technical associate: As per minimum qualification given in the eligibility section,30 marks and Higher education 10 marks.
- For Junior technical associate: As per minimum qualifications given in eligibility section,30 marks, Higher education(B.tech or equivalent) 5 marks and Higher education (M.tech/MS/MBA) 5 marks.
Working Experience (minimum marks) : 40
Professional personality Test (minimum marks): 20
- Technical knowledge in relevant field :10
- Personality, initiative and communication skills :05
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM, CATIA, project management etc: 05
Candidates will have to undergo medical examination (as applicable for direct recruitment for SSE /JE(works) category) and will be considered for contract appointment only if they are found medically fit. Medical fitness will be examined by the nominated Railway hospitals.
Training and Duration
The candidates engaged on contract basis, will be given training for a prescribed period regarding orientation in rules, regulations and practices related to safety, technical and other areas before they are deputed on work. After completion of training/orientation, the suitability/competency of the candidate will be assessed by a Competent Officer, before deputing him/her for field job. If required, the candidates engaged on contract basis, need to undergo for another round of Training.
Duration: The contract engagement will be for a maximum period of one year,it may also depend on the availability of regular selected candidates or completion of project, whichever is earlier.
- The above posts are for projects in jurisdiction of NWR/Construction for the limited period and are not for the regular establishment of Railway. No other perks or benefits would be admissible except those mentioned in Notification.
- The engagement on contract basis will not grant any right to the candidate to claim for regular Employment/Absorption/Extension in the Railway.
- The application should be filled up by candidates in their own handwriting either in Hindi or in English language using blue/black ball point pen.
- One recent passport size colour photograph (3.5 X 3.5 cm), should be affixed on the application form without fail.
Note: Photographs: The colour photograph of size 3.5 X 3.5 cm (not earlier than three month from the date of Opening), with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses, should be pasted on the space provided. Photostat, copy of photograph is not permitted. Candidates may note that Railway Authority may, at any stage, reject the applications for pasting old/unclear photograph on the application or for any significant variations between photograph pasted in the
Application Form and the actual physical appearance of the candidate.Candidates are advised to keep two additional copies of the same photograph ready with them for bringing along with valid Photo ID at the time of selection.
- Signature of the applicant must be full and in running hand, not in block/capital letter or disjointed letters. Candidates are required to sign in English or in Hindi in the prescribed places provided in the application form.
- Candidate applying for more than one post shall submit separate application with separate DD as fee and documents for each application.
To know more about NWR Recruitment 2018: North Western Railway Jaipur, Click Information Notification