Odisha Civil Services Main Examination 2017: Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has released the application form for the recruitment of different courses. The application form will be available on the official website i.e. opsconline.gov.in. Candidates have to appear for the entrance examination for the recruitment to the posts and services that will be under Odisha Civil Services (Group- A and Group- B). There will be three stages i.e Preliminary examination, Main examination and Personality Test or Interview. For more information, candidates can check this page.
Odisha Civil Services Examination 2017
Candidates first have to appear for the Pre examination. Those candidates qualified the pre exam will be eligible to appear for the Main Exam. Check the latest dates for OCSE Recruitment 2017 from the given table below.
|Release of Application form||30 Nov 2017|
|Closing Date||14 Dec 2017|
|Last date for fee payment||16 Dec 2019|
|Prelim Admit Card||15 Jan 2019|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||18 Feb 2018|
|Date of Preliminary Examination Result||17 Apr 2018|
|Date of Main Examination||25 Jun 2018|
|Declaration of the main examination result||14 Nov 2018|
|Conduction of Document verification and Personality Test||03 Dec 2018|
- A candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or a State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government.
- Candidate must be under 32 years and over 21 years of age as on the 1st day of January 2017, i.e. he/she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1985 and not later than 1st January, 1996.
- The Candidates who have appeared in OCSE-2015 and OCSE-2016 shall be allowed as one compensatory attempt in the OCSE-2017 as a last chance.
Other Eligibility Conditions
- Candidate must be able to read, write and speak Odia language and have-
- passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- passed High School Certificate or equivalent examination with Odia as a medium of examination in a non-language subject; or
- passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class-VII from a School or educational Institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government; or
- passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department of the Government of Odisha.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living or in case of a woman candidate, if married to a person having one spouse living, shall not be eligible for appearing at the examination:
- Provided that the State Government may if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the Personal Law applicable to such person or there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Government Servants, whether permanent or temporary, are eligible to appear at the Examination, provided they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para-7 of the Advertisement. However, they are required to submit an undertaking to the effect that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office /Department that they have applied for the Examination. Further, they will be required to enclose an attested copy of the “No Objection Certificate” issued by the competent authority with the Hard copy of Online Application Form to be submitted after qualifying in the Preliminary Written Examination for appearing at the Main Written Examination.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/ appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/ candidature will be liable to be canceled.
- If a candidate has, at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any Examination/Interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/ chance(s).
- Only those candidate, who possess the requisite qualification and fulfill other eligibility conditions by the closing date of online applications will be considered eligible.
- The period of probation will be applicable as prescribed m the recruitment rules of different services.
- A candidate must be in good mental condition and body healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his/her duties as an officer of the Service/Post. A candidate, who, after such medical examination, as the Government may prescribe, is not found to satisfy these requirements, will not be appointed.
Number attempts for OAS 2017
A total number of 4 attempts will be permitted to any candidate to appear for the civil service exam. Candidates belonging to SC/ST will not have any limitations. However, candidates who belong to socially and educationally backward class who are otherwise eligible will be allowed 7 attempts. Candidates who appear for any paper will be counted as an attempt. A student who has appeared for 2015 exam & 2016 exam back to back will be allowed an extra compensatory attempt in OCSE 2017. No further attempt to appear the OCS Examination shall be allowed in Future.
Odisha Civil Services Application Form 2017
Candidates should fill the application form before the last date else they will be rejected. Before filling the application form , candidates should have the valid e-mail Id and scanned copy of the passport size photograph, signature and Left Thumb Impression. The application form will be available on the official website i.e opsconline.gov.in. No other mode of the application form will be accepted. Candidates are advised to fill the application form in advance to avoid the last minute rush. Firstly candidates have to fill the application form correctly. After the completion of the application form candidates have to upload their photograph, signature and thumb.
After the successful submission of Odisha Civil Services online application form, a UNIQUE REGISTRATION ID Number will be generated and displayed on the screen as well as the top of the application form. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID Number and use it in future correspondence.
Examination Fee- The non- refundable application fee will be Rs. 300/-. Candidates those belongs from Scheduled Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST) and disability is not less than 40% will be exempted to pay the application fee.
Document to be Submitted along with the Application Form
Candidates who will qualify the Preliminary examination should have to submit the Hard copy of Online Application Form, along with true copies of the following documents duly self-certified.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate;
- Intermediate/+2 Examination Certificate;
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate;
- Certificate of any other higher qualification(s);
- Caste Certificate for the claim of S.C./S.T./S.E.B.C., (wherever applicable)
- Required Odia Test Pass Certificate from the competent authority, (wherever applicable)
- Identity Card/Certificate issued by Rajya Sainik Board or Zilla Sainik Board, (wherever applicable).
- Identity Card issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha, wherever applicable.
- Disability certificate issued by the Medical Board.
- Certificate of good character from the Principal/Proctor/ Dean or Professor in charge of Department of Teaching of the College or University/ Institution in which last studied.
- Two recent passport size photographs with signature on its front, which is uploaded in the online application form.
- OPSC copy of challan (pay in slip) for payment of fee at SBI.
Exam Zones for OAS 2017
For both Preliminary and Main Examination will be held at five Zonal Centers of the state. The zonal centres are Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Sambalpur. Applicants during the registration process will be required to choose an exam zone for appearing in the exam. Zones once submitted will not be changed.
Admit Card For OAS 2017
The admit card of the OAS examination will be uploaded on the official website and it is prior to the exam. The admit card is also referred as admission certificate. No admit card will not be available in any other mode. To download the admit card candidates needs their login details. They will have to enter their unique registration id along with their date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy) to download the admission letter. Candidates will be notified about the date for all the stages on the official website as well as through newspapers. Separate admit cards will be issued for all the stages of the exam.
It is mandatory for every candidate to carries their admit card on the day of examination else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates who qualify the prelims examination, only those candidates will be able to download their mains admit card.
OAS Examination Scheme 2017
The civil services examination will be conducted in three stages such as Preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview or personality test. Candidates can check the examination scheme for all the three stages which is given below:
First stage will be preliminary exam and it comprises of two papers. Both the papers will contain the objective type questions. The duration of each examination will be of 2 hours. Candidates need to score 33% marks to qualify the exam. The prelims paper-II will be a General studies exam which is a qualifying exam. Both the papers will be of 200 marks. Candidates who qualify the prelims are called for the main exam.
|Paper – I||Paper – II|
The question paper of main exam of the OCSE is from Odia language, English, English essay, General studies I & II and 2 optional subjects. Every paper is of 3 hours.
The total marks for all the compulsory papers are 1400. Whereas, the optional papers is selected by the candidates and they have to select two subjects. Two papers for each subject of 300 marks. The total marks for the optional papers is of 1200 marks.
|Compulsory Papers – 1400 Marks|
|Paper I||Odia Language||300 Marks|
|Paper II||English||300 Marks|
|Paper III||English Essay||200 Marks|
|Paper IV||General Studies-I||300 Marks|
|Paper V||General Studies-II||300 Marks|
|Optional Papers (2 Subjects) – 1200 Marks|
|Paper VI||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
|Paper VII||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
|Paper VIII||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
|Paper IX||Choice Of Subject||300 Marks|
Candidates who score the minimum qualifying marks in the main exam will qualify for the personal interview round. The main objective of this round to test the mental caliber of the candidate.
List Of Optional Subjects For OAS Mains Exam 2017
Candidates can choose their optional subjects from the list of subjects mentioned below.
|List Of Optional Subjects For OAS Mains Exam 2017|
|Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology, Agricultural Engineering, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce & Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Education, Fisheries Science, Forestry, Home Science, History, Geology, Geography, Indian Language & Literature, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Law, Management, Physics, , Philosophy, Political Science & International Relations, Public Administration, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology, Mathematics|
OAS Result 2017
Candidates can check the result for all the stages of the OPSC OAS 2017 exam in the online mode. It should be noted that the separate results will be announced for the different stages of the recruitment process. The result for recruitment exam will be released in the PDF format. So candidates will be able to check their personal scores by entering their unique registration id & date of birth on the portal. The final result for the state recruitment exam will be announced after the final personal interview round.
Physical Standards for OAS 2017
Candidates should know that they have to fulfill various standards that is set by the officials. The standards are height, chest girth to qualify for the Odisha Police Service. Candidates can refer to the table below to get an idea about the set norms. Also go through the advertisement that is released by OPSC to know detailed information about the physical standards.
|Men (UR/SESB/SC)||165 cm||84 cm||5 cm|
|Men (ST)||160 cm||84 cm||5 cm|
|Women (UR/SESB/SC)||150 cm||79 cm||5 cm|
|Women (ST)||145 cm||79 cm||5 cm|
Official Website: opsconline.gov.in
To know more details about Odisha Civil Services Examination 2017 check – Information Brochure