Odisha Police State Selection Board (OPSSB) has released an official advertisement for the recruitment of Police constables for the year 2018. OPSSB has already released the application form for Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 on the official website opssb.nic.in. Aspirants are advised to apply for the same before July 26, 2018. The Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 exam will be conducted in offline mode. For the Recruitment of Odisha Police Constable 2018, there will be two stages of examination, i.e. Written Test and Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
Apart from this, we have explained all the essential things regarding Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018. The candidates can get the complete details such as Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Admit Card, Result and much more in this article.
Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018
There are total 1722 vacancies available for the Civil constables in 35 Districts for Male and Female. The basic pay scale is Rs.14,030/- inclusive of all perks and allowances. The candidates will be allotted marks on the basis of their Written Test, PET, Sports Achievement, Medical Examination, and Driving Test. Candidates can check the schedule related to the important events of Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 is mentioned in the table below.
|Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018||Important Dates|
|Commencement of the application process||02 Jul 2018|
|Last date of submitting the application form||16 Jul 2018|
|Physical Efficiency Test (PET) date||06 Aug 2018|
|Issuing of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Written test date||To be announced|
|The declaration of Result||To be announced|
Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate who is aspiring to get Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 must be aware of the eligibility criteria specified by OPSSB. Only the eligible candidates can apply to this recruitment process.
- The age limit of the candidate must be between 18 to 23 years as on January 1, 2018.
- Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to the reserved (SEBC/SC/ST) candidates.
- The candidate must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- A candidate must be able to read and write Odia language, so they must have a recognized Language certificate of the same.
- A candidate must be healthy and physically fit, free from deformities and organic health related problems.
- If a candidate is married, he/she must have only one living spouse.
- The background and character of the candidate must be clean, free from any criminal record.
Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 Application Form
The Application Form for Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 has been released now on the official website of OPSSB. The application process is a primary thing to do in order to proceed for the Recruitment exam. The mode of the application process will be online only. The candidates must be aware of the eligibilities specified by OPSSB, before applying for the same. The candidates will have to pay a certain amount in order to complete the application process. The candidates are advised to fill in all the details valid and carefully. There will be no chance given to re-edit or correct the application form. In case of any false detail provided by the candidate will directly lead to their disqualification.
- For General/OBC Candidates: Rs. 150/-
- For SC/ST candidates: NIL
Mode of payment
- The application fee must be paid through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking or E-Wallet.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
The Admit Card for Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 will be available online on the official website. After the successful completion of the application process, the candidates will be able to generate their Admit Card. The candidate must download the Admit Card for Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 and take out a printed copy for the same. The Admit Card is consists of the Roll number, Exam Date and Venue of Exam center. The students will get the Admit Cards 10 to 15 days prior to the examination day. It is a mandatory document that every candidate should bring at the time of examination. The candidate who would fail to bring the Admit Card, they will be prohibited to take the test. If there is any error or spelling mistake in your Admit Card, the candidate must contact the authorities immediately.
Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 Exam Pattern
Before taking the exam, the candidate must know the exam pattern designed by the OPSSB for the same. The applicants need to appear in the various process in order to achieve this recruitment. The marks will be allocated to the candidates on the basis of the following pattern.
|Test Name||Maximum Marks|
|Physical measurement Test (Height)|
Physical Efficiency Test
|Driving Test||05 marks|
|Educational Achievements||05 marks|
|Sports achievements||15 marks|
|National Cadet Corps (NCC) certificates||05 marks|
|Written Test||35 marks|
Marks distribution and Pattern according to the different tests are explained below.
Physical Measurement Test (Height)- 20 marks
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)– 35 marks
|Test type||Maximum Marks|
|Male Candidates (all categories)|
|Run (1.6 Kms)||10 marks|
|High Jump||10 marks|
|Swimming (Qualifying)||must cover 40 meters in 8 minutes|
|Cross Country (5 Kms)||15 marks|
|Female Candidates (all categories)|
|Run (1.6 Kms)||20 marks|
|Broad Jump||15 marks|
|Swimming (Qualifying)||must cover 40 meters in 10 minutes|
Driving test- 5 marks
- The candidate must be proficient in driving.
- The candidates who have a Light Vehicle driving license, they will be awarded 05 marks.
- Those who have Light Vehicle Driving License, they will be awarded 03 marks.
- They should have an original driving license.
Educational Achievement- 05 marks
Candidates who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent with 60% or above, only they will be awarded 05 marks.
Written Test- 35 marks
- The written test consists of 5 sections, i.e. Mathematics, English, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, Odia language.
- This test will be taken through the OMR Sheet method.
- The OPSSB will decide the qualifying marks for the written test.
Sports Achievement- 15 marks
- Marks shall not be given for more than one achievement.
- The sports events which are not being the Open National Championship would not be considered, even after it is organized by affiliated with any recognized associations.
- The candidates should have valid sports certificates.
National Cadet Corps (NCC)- 5 marks
- 1 mark will be awarded to NCC ‘A’ Certificate holder.
- 3 marks will be awarded to NCC ‘B’ Certificate holder.
- 5 marks will be awarded to NCC ‘C’ Certificate holder.
Candidates must not have knock knees, bow legs, flat foot, varicose veins, squint in eyes, poor vision, color blindness, inability to flex the fingers properly and any other obvious deformities. Candidates should not have any impediment in speech and hearing.
Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 Result
The Result of Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 will be prepared on a basis of above-mentioned tests. The candidates who will appear for the exam, they will be able to check the Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 Result. The Result will contain your marks, rank, and status of whether you have qualified or not. First of all, after the successful conduction of the Physical Efficiency Test (PET), the Result of PET will be declared. The Result of PET round will contain a list of shortlisted candidates to be called for the written tests. The candidates can check the Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 Result online on the official website of OPSSB.
Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 Selection Process
The selection process of Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2018 will be done on the basis of the following tests.
- Physical Measurement Test (Height)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Driving Test
- Educational Achievements
- Sports Achievements
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- Written Test
- Medical Examination
The candidates must know that they are eligible for the above tests. After ensuring the eligibility for the same, they can take all the tests. On the basis of these tests, a list will be prepared consists of the names of selected candidates for the final Recruitment. This selection list will be drawn up by each District, on the basis of merit, category-wise. The selection list will be prepared in a decreasing order of aggregate marks secured by the candidates with respect to the total number of vacancies.
For more information, download brochure in