|Graduate Management Admission Test||Apply Now on Official GMAT Exam Website|
Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL), has released notification of OPTCL Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) Recruitment 2017 to fill the post of Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) in the state of Odisha. Candidates who have checked their eligibility criteria can fill their application as per schedule date. Candidates are required to fill the application online.
All the candidates who are going to participate in the OPTCL Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) Recruitment 2017 process can check the complete information like application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest: OPTCL JMOT 2017 Final Result has been announced.
|Admit Card||Click Here|
OPTCL Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT) Recruitment 2017
Total No. of Vacancies – 150
Name of the Post – Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT)
- SC – 24 (W-8)
- ST – 33 (W-11)
- SEBC – 16 (W-5)
- UR – 77 (W-26)
Age Limit – Between 20 years to 32 years
Educational Qualification – HSC pass from recognized Board or equivalent.
Selection Process – The selection process involves Computer Based Test (CBT), Skill Test and Career Marking.
- Unreserved/ SEBC Category – Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/PWD Category – Rs. 250/-
How to Apply – Candidates have to fill the Application form online at official website www.optcl.co.in.
|Opening date of Online Application of Applications||25 Mar 2017|
|State date of depositing fee through ICICI Challan||27 Mar 2017|
|Closing date of online submission of Applications||24 Apr 2017|
|Last date of remittance of applications process charges fee in Bank through Challan||24 Apr 2017|
|Date of Online Test||09 Jul 2017|
|Declartion of CBT Result||10 Jul 2017|
OPTCL JMOT Application Form 2017
Application form for OPTCL JMOT Recruitment 2017 can be filled online. No other mode of application is allowed. Before filling the Application form candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility criteria and conditions. The direct link to fill the Application form is given below.
Instruction for filling the Application Form
- Visit the official website of OPTCL i.e., www.optcl.co.in.
- On successful registration of the online application form, a unique Registration Number will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form and a message will be send to your registered mobile number. Candidates are required to retain the unique Registration Number and use it for future correspondence.
- Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use. In case the candidate is shortlisted in CBT, the candidate has to submit the same for Skill Test
- Certificate of Admission/ Admit Card for the Computer Based Online Test for the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of OPTCL prior to the date of examination.
Uploading of Documents:
- Recent colour passport size photograph and signature in prescribed format (.jpg/.jpeg)
- Photograph – 25 KB to 50 KB (3.5 cm X 4.5 cm)
- Signature – 25 KB to 35 KB (3.5 cm X 1.5 cm)
- Caste certificate, if belongs to SC/ST/SEBC category (size of 100KB to 200KB in jpg format).
- Physically Handicapped (PH) certificate, if applicable.
- Sports certificate/ Identity card, if applicable.
- Ex-Serviceman Discharge certificate/ I card/ NOC, if applicable
- Experience certificate issued by the man power service provider/designated officer of the outsourcing agency, if an applicant is engaged through the outsourcing agency in OPTCL
- 10th Pass Certificate.
- Essential Qualification Passed Certificate
- Essential Qualification Final Mark Sheet\
- Lineman MV Permit from the ELBO or the undertaking to submit the same at the time of joining, if selected. (size of 100KB to 200KB in jpg format)
HSC pass from recognized Board or equivalent and National Trade Certificate in Electrician Trade from Institution recognized by SCTE&VT/ NCVT with minimum 60% marks for General & SEBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Age Limit – Candidate must not be under 20 (twenty years of age and must not be above 32 (thirty two) years as on 1st January, 2017 i.e. she/ he must not have been born earlier than 1 st January, 1985, and not later than 1 st January, 1997.
Other Eligibility Conditions
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- She/ he must be able to read, write and speak Odia fluently; and must have ;
- Passed Middle School examination with Odia language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or examination with Odia as medium of examination in nonlanguage subject ; or
- Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government.
- Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School and Mass Education Department.
- A candidate who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/ her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons.
- The candidates must have a good character.
- Candidates, who fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria, may apply for the post.
- Reservation of posts including reservation for Women will be as per the ORV and other applicable Acts and Rules of Government of Odisha.
- PWD candidates, whose disability is not less than 40% (forty percent), are required to attach Disability Certificate indicating percentage of disability & type of disability issued by the concerned Medical Board for consideration as per Rules.
- Ex-Servicemen are required to attach copy of Discharge Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Sports Persons are required to attach copy of Identity Card issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha.
- Concession meant for SC, ST and SEBC by birth are admissible to the Scheduled Castes, Schedules Tribes and Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha State only.
- The Competent Authorities to issue the caste certificate are: District Magistrate/ Collector or Additional District Magistrate or Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Sub-Collectors or Executive Magistrates or Revenue Officers, not below the rank of Tahasildar/ Additional Tahasildar of Government of Odisha.
- Candidates belonging to PWD, Ex-serviceman and Sports Person shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In the event of non-availability or insufficient number of eligible/suitable women candidates belonging to any particular category, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies shall be filled up by male candidates of the same category.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- Candidates belonging to SEBC category shall submit their SEBC certificate validated/renewed by the Competent Authority on or after 01.01.2014, failing which they shall be treated as unreserved category candidates.
- Women candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC are required to submit Caste Certificate by birth showing “daughter of……..”. Caste Certificate obtained by virtue of marriage (i.e. showing “wife of…”) is not acceptable.
- OBC Certificates will not be accepted in lieu of SEBC Certificates.
- Community (Caste status) once mentioned by the candidates shall not be changed under any circumstances.
OPTCL JMOT Recruitment 2017 – Centre of Examination
The Computer Based Test (CBT) will be held at Angul, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Berhampur, Rourkela, Balasore, Sambalpur, Jeypore etc. depending on the number of candidates from the respective zone. The candidates are to mention their choice of Examination Zone at appropriate place in the Online Application Form.
The number of Examination Centre will be decided as per the availability of the candidates in a particular zone.
The request for change of centre shall NOT be entertained. Allotment of the Test Centre is at the discretion of the Corporation.
OPTCL JMOT Recruitment 2017 – Selection Process
The selection process involves Computer Based Test (CBT), Skill Test and Career Marking
- Eligible candidates will be called for Computer Based Test, comprising 200 number of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), out of which Subject knowledge (60%), Numerical/ logical reasoning (15%), General knowledge (15%) & English (10%). The CBT will be of Three (3) hours duration.
- There shall be no negative marking.
- Candidates who qualify in CBT and shortlisted shall be called for Skill Test in 1:3 ratio in each category.
- Since the job involves climbing of Towers/ Structures, manual closing/ opening of isolators and other Electrical Operation & Maintenance related activities, Skill Test shall be conducted on the above activities
- The skill test will only be of qualifying nature
- The qualified candidates in the Skill Test shall be called for document verification for career marking.
- The merit list of the qualified candidates will be drawn purely on the basis of Performance in the CBT and Career Marking.
- The offer of appointment shall be issued to the selected candidates on the basis of merit. However the final appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their medical fitness as per the prescribed standard.
- On selection, candidates will be posted at any of the existing/ future offices of OPTCL throughout Odisha.