Punjab Police Intelligence Officer Recruitment 2016 – Punjab Police has issued a notification for the posts of 112 Intelligence Officers (in the Rank of Sub-Inspectors) in the Intelligence Wing of Punjab Police. The candidates, who fulfill prescribed eligibility criteria like age limit, educational qualification, and other eligibility criteria as given in the notification, they may apply for the Punjab Police Recruitment 2016. Kindly go through the information provided below.
Latest – Written Exam Marks for Punjab Police Intelligence Officer Recruitment 2016 has been announced. Check on “Result” page link.
|Admit Card||Click Here|
Punjab Police Intelligence Officer Recruitment 2016
Interested candidates can apply online as per the schedule given below. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying which is available on the official website or on this page. Candidates can get all the information related to Punjab Police Intelligence Officer Recruitment 2016 here. Candidates are advised to visit the website frequently for updated information.
Punjab Police Vacancy Details:
- Total No. of Posts: 112
- Name of the Post: Intelligence Officer
Application Fee: Candidates belonging to General have to pay Rs. 500/- & Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/BC candidates through Net Banking, Credit/Debit Card or Challan. Ex-Servicemen are exempted from the payment of application fee.
Selection Procedure: Selection will be made on the basis of Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Written Test &
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates may apply Online through the official website as per the given schedule.
|Online Application Starts||08 Sep 2016|
|Last date for Submission of online Application||28 Sep 2016|
|Last Date for Deposit of Admission Fee||30 Sep 2016|
|Availability of Admit cards for PET & PMT||25 Oct 2016|
|Date of PET & PMT Test||01 Nov to 03 Nov 2016|
|Date of Written Exam||13 Nov 2016|
Please Note – No Interviews
In light of above notice, published on 15 Dec 2016, kindly ignore all mention of interview on this page and other pages of Punjab Police Intelligence Officer Recruitment 2016 for recruitment of Intelligence Officers in the rank of Sub Inspectors. Decision of exam conducting body in this regard is final and binding.
Punjab Police Intelligence Officer Recruitment Application Form 2016 is available on official website. Application form of Recruitment can be filled and submitted by eligible candidates.
Candidates can pay the requisite application fee online through credit card, debit card, internet banking or offline, along with the print-out of the Fee challan form, which will be generated after the first page (Registration page) of the online Common Application form submitted successfully at HDFC Bank & Police SAANJH Kendras.
Before starting to fill the online form, the candidate should have his/her personal working Mobile number. It is desirable that he/she should have his/her own email ID to enable fast communication. Scanned copies of the relevant documents shall be required to upload them with the Application form
Application Process is over now.
The candidates are advised to submit only single Online Application Form for the post of Intelligence Officers in Intelligence Wing as the Recruitment Process would start at all Recruitment Centre’s at the same time on the same date. However, if somehow, the candidate manages to submit multiple online applications, only the first Application shall be entertained and Fee paid against one Application Form shall not be adjusted against any other Application Form.
How to Apply?
- The candidates should go to the official website or the direct link provided above to fill the Common Application Form. After filling the First Page (Registration Page) of the Common Application Form, a unique Registration ID and Password will be generated. The candidate shall be required to deposit the fees after filling the application form.
- The Application Form shall only be available online on the website as per the schedule given above.
- The candidate will have to fill up the Application Form online and submit the same with complete details in all respects. The required documents, photographs and the signatures will also have to be uploaded by the candidate while filling up the online Application Form.
- The candidate should take due care while filling up the Application form. He/She is allowed to make changes in the application form only till the time it is submitted. Once the application Form has been submitted online, no changes whatsoever can be made thereafter. Therefore, the candidates are encouraged to fill the Application form carefully.
- The information on the Application Form once submitted online by the candidates shall be final. Multiple applications from the same candidate will not be entertained. They are liable to be rejected.
- After completion of online Application Form, the candidate can either opt for online payment through (i) Netbanking (ii) Credit/ Debit card or can deposit the fee through offline mode by taking the printout of the fee challan form generated online and visit any of the HDFC Bank branches/ Punjab Police Saanjh Kendras and seek acknowledgement for records.
- In case the Candidate fails to deposit the required fees by the last date for depositing the fee, his/her Application shall stand rejected automatically.
- Candidates already employed with the government can also apply for the recruitment after getting an NOC from the Head of Department/Office concerned. However, if the NOC is not available at the time of filling of the Application Form, then the candidate shall have to give a declaration to the effect that he/she shall produce the same in original at the time of screening of documents.
The minimum age (as on 01 Sep 2016) for recruitment to the post of Intelligence Officers (Sub-Inspectors) should be 21 years (both male and female) and maximum age (as on 01 Sep 2016) should be 28 years. No relaxation will be given in age to any candidate.
Should be a graduate from a recognized university or institution, as the case may be, provided that such candidate should also possess an ‘O’ Level Certificate of Information Technology from Department for Electronics Accreditation of Computer Course (DOEACC) or National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) or its equivalent institution recognized by the Government of India or any State Government;
B.Sc/B.Tech./BE in Information Technology or Computer Science or Information Systems or B.C.A or Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications from a recognized university or institution, as the case maybe.
Knowledge of Punjabi Language:
Candidate must have passed matriculation examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects or any other equivalent examination in the Punjabi language, which may be specified by the Govt. from time to time.
Provided that if the Ex-Serviceman (or the wife/a dependent child of ExServiceman, as the case may be) has not passed Matriculation examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects, he/she shall have to pass an examination of Punjabi language equivalent to Matriculation standard or he/she shall have to qualify a test conducted by the Language Wing of the Department of Education of the Punjab Government within a period of two years from the date of his appointment as per the Punjab Government notification no. GSR-33/Const./Art 309/94 dated 4th of May, 1994.
The candidate must have attained the above-mentioned educational qualifications on or before the 01 Sep 2016.
- Male -5′ 5″ (5 feet 5 inches)
- Female – 5′ 1″ (5 feet 1inch)
Question Papers & Answer key
Written Exam for Punjab Police Intelligence Officer Recruitment 2016 was conducted on 13 Nov 2016. Now the answer key of written exam has been released by Punjab Police. Candidates who have appeared in the written can check their answer key from official website or through the direct link given below.
- Written Exam Keys and Papers Logging in here.
- To view OMR Answer sheet of Written Examination, click here.
The selection process will be conducted in following four phases:-
Physical Measurements (PMT)
Only those candidates whose application forms are found to be in-order during scrutiny, and who satisfy the eligibility conditions and have cleared the Substance Abuse (Drug Addiction) Test would be eligible to appear in this phase.
The physical measurement phase would be qualifying in nature, and each candidate would be categorized as qualified/not qualified for Phase-II on the basis of meeting the prescribed physical minimum standards.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Only those candidates who qualify the physical measurements (Phase-I) will be eligible to appear in the Physical Efficiency Test.
The minimum qualifying standards for various categories of candidates would be as follows:
|For male candidates (except ex-servicemen above 35 years)|
|800 Meter race||To be completed in 04 minutes (only one chance)|
|Long Jump||9 Feet (3 chances)|
|High Jump||3 Feet (3 chances)|
|For female candidates (except ex-servicewomen above 35 years)|
|400 Meter race||To be completed in 02 minutes (only one chance)|
|Long Jump||6 Feet (3 Chances)|
|High Jump||2112 Feet (3 chances)|
|For ex-servicemen (35 years and above)|
|800 Meter Run/Walk||To be completed in 06 minutes (only one chance)|
|For ex-servicewomen (35 years and above)|
|800 Meter Run/Walk||To be completed in 08 minutes (only one chance)|
A candidate must qualify all the events mentioned above for his/her category. Failure to qualify in any one of the PET events prescribed for his/her category will disqualify the candidate for the next stage (Phase III). This phase will also be qualifying in nature and each candidate would be categorized as qualified/not qualified for the next stage, i.e. Phase III.
Substance Abuse Test, Physical Measurement and the Physical Efficiency Test of a candidate shall be conducted on a single day and the process shall be video graphed. The video recording of the process shall be kept in safe custody of the Board or Sub-Board for a period of 3 Years from the date of declaration of the result.
Appeals Relating to PMT/PET: Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Measurement Test and/or Physical Efficiency Test may prefer an appeal, if they so desire, to the Chairperson of the Recruitment Board or the designated Appellate Authority present on Physical Measurement Test & Physical Efficiency Test ground on the same day. The decision of the Chairperson/Appellate Authority shall be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained. The Chairperson/Appellate Authority will record the reasons thereof for each case separately in writing.
Only those candidates who qualify the Physical Efficiency Test will be eligible to appear in the Written Test. Written paper will be:
- Of 90 marks consisting of multiple choice questions.
- In English medium and OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet based.
- There shall be no negative marking.
- To be conducted at as many Centers/Sub-centers as the Chairperson of the Board may decide.
- Break-up of marks for the written examination shall be as follows:
- 50 marks: Questions will be from general knowledge including world history, geography, economy, science, environmental science, current affairs, polity of India, Constitution of India, basic knowledge of laws, international affairs etc.
- 25 marks: Questions shall test quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, numerical aptitude and reading comprehension.
- 15 marks: Basic knowledge of computer and information technology, computer hardware, MS-Office, common operating systems and internet concepts.
Minimum pass marks in written examination will be 40% for the candidates from Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes category and Backward Classes category and 50% for all remaining categories.
The interview-cum-personality test would carry 10 marks and would be conducted by the Board. The candidate would be assessed for his personal bearing, orientation, technical skills, computer/IT skills, basic communications skills, general awareness and suitability for intelligence work. The decision of the Board would be final.
The number of candidates to be called for the interview-cum-personality test would be three times the total number of vacancies in each category based on the marks obtained in written examination. The candidate qualified for interview shall be intimated about venue and date through SMS, e-mail and voice message. The same shall also be displayed on the web-site.
The candidates appearing in the interview-cum-personality test shall be required to bring all their relevant certificates and supporting documents, in original, along with at least one self-attested copy of each for comparison of submitted documents with original.