RBI Grade B 2018 Syllabus – Recently Reserved Bank of India (RBI) has announced 166 vacancies for the post of Grade B officers. The interested candidates can participate for the same by filling in the application form. By now, the candidates should start rolling their sleeves for the entrance examination, due to be held on August 16 and September 07, 2018. To crack the exam, candidates must know the syllabus of RBI Grade B 2018.
The RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018 will prove to be helpful for the candidates who are preparing for the examination. It will also act as guidelines to prepare well for Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the examination. The syllabus will be carrying the information on the basis of which the applicants will be able to prepare themselves for the examination. As there will be two different phases of the examination, which will be having three papers with a different set of a syllabus for each paper respectively. The candidates can fetch more information regarding the RBI Grade B 2018 Syllabus with the help of the information provided underneath.
RBI Grade B 2018 Syllabus
As per the guidelines issued, the examination will be divided into two phases respectively which will be led by three papers. Each of the paper will be carrying their own individual set of the syllabus. The syllabus for both the phases & all the three papers are provided as beneath.
The examination process will be divided as follows:
- Phase-I online Examination (Objective Type)
- Phase-II online Examination
RBI Grade B 2018 Phase I Syllabus
This will be having an online exam which will be consisting of 200 marks. depending on the strength of the candidate the paper will be held in multiple shifts. The candidate will be informed about all the required information like date, time, venue etc. through the help of the admit cards which they will have to download as soon as they receive their admit cards.
The paper will be having tests of the following:
1. English Language
2. General awareness
4. Quantitative Aptitude
RBI Grade B 2018 Phase II Syllabus
This phase will be performed by the candidates who will be able to clear the Phase-I and will be shortlisted on the basis of the same. The important details regarding this phase will be received by the candidates in the admission letter of Phase – II. Whereas the candidates will have to give the following three examinations as showcased underneath.
|Name of paper||Type of paper||Time (minutes)||Marks|
Economic and Social Issues
English (Writing Skills)
|Descriptive type, need to be typed with the
help of the keyboard
Finance and Management
Syllabus For Phase – II
- Paper – I This examination will be based on economic & social issues. And will be covering the following topics under the same.
- Measurement of growth
- Growth and Development
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues
- Economic Reforms in India
- Industrial and Labour Policy
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Role of Economic Planning
- Opening up of the Indian Economy
- Balance of Payments
- International Economic Institutions
- Economic Co-operation
- Social Structure in India
- Demographic Trends
- Urbanization and Migration
- Gender Issues
- Social Justice
- Positive Discrimination in favour of the underprivileged
- Social Movements
- Indian Political System
- Human Development
- Social Sectors in India
- Health and Education
2. Paper – II This examination is based on the writing skills, due to which it will be an English language based test of the candidates regarding their writing skills in the same. This test will also assess the candidate’s expressions as well as their capability of understanding the given/ provided topic.
3. Paper – III This examination will be based on finance & management. And would be covering up the following topics as listed underneath.
- Financial System
- Financial Markets
- General Topics
Download RBI Syllabus 2018 as a PDF
Candidates who want to fetch detailed information about the syllabus can refer to the syllabus provided beneath. They can also, download the same from the link provided below.
Note: Candidates who are having issues in downloading the syllabus can Click here to download the syllabus.
RBI Grade B Interview:
The shortlisted candidates will be called in for an interview on the basis of Phase-II (Paper I
+ Paper II + Paper III). The candidates can refer to the official website for shortlisted candidates list, the candidates will be informed on their email Ids as well.