Indian Railway is filling 9739 vacancies for Sub-Inspector and Constable via RPF Recruitment 2018. The application process for the recruitment is ending on Jun 30, 2018, and the aspirants are still confused about the RPF Age Limit 2018. The age limit is one of the many eligibility criteria which is taken into consideration. The candidates who aspire to apply for RPF Recruitment 2018 must check the complete eligibility criteria and then only move forward to fill the application process. The age criteria is not checked at the time of application process but at the time of document verification.
If the candidate does not fulfill the age limit criteria as given by the concerned authorities, then the candidate will not be considered for the recruitment. At this page of Aglasem, you can check complete details about the RPF Age Limit 2018.
RPF Age Limit 2018
Since there is a lot of confusion regarding RPF Age Limit, let us first have a look at the minimum age criteria of RPF 2018.
RPF Age Limit for Sub Inspector (SI)
- Your age should be more than 20 years and less than 25 years, as on July 01, 2018.
RPF Age Limit for Constable
- To be a constable, your minimum age should be 18 years and the maximum is 25 years. This is also as on July 01, 2018.
Relaxation on RPF Upper Age Limit
Candidates belonging to SC / ST or any other reserved category get relaxation under RPF Recruitment 2018. The relaxation is provided as follows:
|Category||Relaxation on the Upper Age Limit|
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen candidates who have put in not less than 6 months of continuous service after attestation.||To the extent of service rendered in Armed Forces and:
UR – 3 years
OBC-Non-creamy Layer – 6 years
SC/ST – 8 years
|Domicile of Jammu and Kashmir (between 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989).||UR – 5 years
OBC – 8 years
SC / ST – 10 years
|Central Govt. employees (Unreserved) other than ex-servicemen who have done more than 3 years of service.||UR – 5 years
OBC–Non-creamy layer – 8 yearS
SC/ST – 10 years
|Widows, divorced women or females judicially separated from husband but not remarried.||UR – 2 years
OBC – 5 years
SC / ST – 7 years
When Should You Have Been Born to be Eligible?
Now the most common question the candidates are asking is:
Sir / Ma’aM, my age is “XYZ” and I belong to “XYZ” category, am I eligible?
Well, no matter what your age is and what category you belong to, you can now check if you satisfy the RPF age criteria or not from below:
If you are applying for RPF SI Recruitment 2018, then you should have been born between:
- UR Category – 02 July 1993 to 01 July 1998.
- OBC-NCL Category – 02 July 1990 to 01 July 1998.
- SC / ST Category – 02 July 1988 to 01 July 1998.
If you are applying for RPF Constable Recruitment 2018, then you should have been born between:
- UR Category – 02 July 1993 to 01 July 2000.
- OBC-NCL Category – 02 July 1990 to 01 July 2000.
- SC / ST Category – 02 July 1988 to 01 July 2000.
Other Eligibility Criteria For RPF Recruitment 2018 For SI and Constable
The eligibility criteria for RPF Recruitment 2018 for both SI and Constable is given below:
Nationality For SI and Constable
- The candidates must be a citizen of India.
Educational Qualification for SI
- The aspirants should have a Graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized university.
- Those who are awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational qualification are NOT ELIGIBLE for this post.
Educational Qualification for Constable
- Should have passed SSLC/Matric from a recognized Board
- Likewise, those awaiting results of the final examination of the given educational qualification ar NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
Physical Measurement for SI and Constable
|Category||Height (in CMs)||Chest ( in CMs) ( Only for Male)|
|For Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese and other Categories specified by Govt.||163||155||80||85|