RRB Selection – Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has increased the deadline for RRB Selection for RRB ALP / Technician 2018. Earlier, candidates could only select RRB until October 01 but then the date for selection was extended multiple times. The final last chance for RRB Post Preference was on October 23. 2018. Candidates who applied for RRB Loco Pilot and Technician 2018 and had appeared for stage 1 CBT needed to select RRB, under which they wish to get the job. Out of 21 RRBs, candidate can only choose one. Candidates can check complete details in RRB Selection 2018 for RRB ALP Recruitment 2018 from this page.
RRB Selection 2018 Important Dates
The candidates must select RRB before the last date. The important dates for RRB ALP RRB Selection are as follows:
- Facility to select RRB opened on – 22 Sep 2018
- The last date to select RRB is – 23 Oct 2018
RRB Selection Link – Available Here
Earlier, in CEN 01/2018 the Board mentioned that candidates who qualify stage 1 CBT will be allowed to choose RRB. However, in order to save time and effort the Board has decided that all the candidates who have appeared for the examination may choose the RRB. The RRB Selection Link is given below.
RRB Selection Link –
|Name of RRB||Select Your RRB Here|
|RRB Ahmedabad||Select here RRB Ahmedabad for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Chandigarh||Select here RRB Chandigarh for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Ajmer||Select here RRB Ajmer for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Allahabad||Select here RRB Allahabad for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Bangalore||Select here RRB Bangalore for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Bhopal||Select here RRB Bhopal for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Bhubaneswar||Select here RRB Bhubaneswar for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Bilaspur||Select here RRB Bilaspur for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Chennai||Select here RRB Chennai for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Gorakhpur||Select here RRB Gorakhpur for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Guwahati||Select here RRB Guwahati for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Jammu Srinagar||Select here RRB Jammu Srinagar for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Kolkata||Select here RRB Kolkata for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Malda||Select here RRB Malda for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Mumbai||Select here RRB Mumbai for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Muzaffarpur||Select here RRB Muzaffarpur for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Patna||Select here RRB Patna for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Ranchi||Select here RRB Ranchi for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Secunderabad||Select here RRB Secunderabad for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Siliguri||Select here RRB Siliguri for ALP / Technician 2018|
|RRB Thiruvanthapuram||Select here RRB Thiruvanthapuram for ALP / Technician 2018|
How to choose RRB for ALP
The process to choose RRB is easy. Candidates just need to follow the steps below:
- To select the RRB, click on the link provided in the table above and choose the RRB in which you want to work.
- Read the instructions very carefully and also refer to the Vacancy Table provided on that page to view RRB-wise, Railway-wise and Post-wise vacancies. This is provided to facilitate candidates to select the RRB as per their choice.
- Next, the candidates need to log in by entering details such as Registration ID and date of birth. Click on the Login button to submit the details.
- On submitting the login credentials, the candidates will be directed to the RRB selection page. Click on the “RRB Selection” tab.
- To select the RRB, candidates need to click on the button against the RRB Name and Click ‘Save and Next’ button at the bottom of the page.
- After choosing the RRB as per their preference, a list of posts for which the candidate is eligible is displayed on the screen. The candidates can then enter the priority number in the order of their preference. Candidates will be considered only for the posts for which post preference has been entered. Click on ‘Save and Next’ button at the bottom of the page.
- After submitting the RRB and the post, the candidates will be directed to the page where they can select the Exam Trade for the 2nd Stage CBT.
- Those candidates with only ITI qualification, the exam trade as per their ITI trade will be displayed for confirmation. However, for the other candidates, all the relevant trades for the qualifications given by them in the online application will be displayed in the drop-down list.
- Confirm the exam trade by clicking on the ‘submit’ button.
- Next, the candidates can proceed to confirm/ modify the bank details through which they desire to receive the refund of Exam fee as applicable. In case of modification of bank details, validation through OTP sent to the mobile number would be required. Click on ‘Save and Submit’ button at the bottom of the page.
Why RRB Selection is Important and How to Do It?
Candidates should note few important points regarding RRB Selection given below:
- RRB Selection is very important. Candidates can only be able to choose RRB once.
- It is advised that the candidates do it wisely, after reading the entire vacancies table.
- The vacancy table is given at the end of this page.
- Candidates must check the number of vacancies in each RRB and then apply.
- However, at the time of RRB Selection candidates must also ensure that they are applying for RRB which is in the city in which they wish to work.
- For E:G: if there are many vacancies in RRB Chennai but it is far away from your home then apply for RRB which is nearby.
- RRB once chosen not be changed and the candidates, if selected, will have to work in that area only.
Total Number of RRBs and Vacancies
In all, there are 21 RRBs for RRB ALP / Technician Recruitment 2018. These are divided as follows:
|Railway Recruitment Board||Railway||Number of Vacancies||Official Website|
|RRB Jammu Srinagar||DMW||50||www.rrbjammu.nic.in|
Detailed RRB ALP Vacancies Table
Candidates can check the detailed vacancies table from below.