RRC ECOR East Coast Railway Recruitment 2018 Against Cultural Quota. The East coast Railway are making recruitments against the cultural quota for the year 2018-2019. The examination is being held for the candidates who will be able to satisfy the cultural quota of the same, so as to fulfil the eligibility criteria and such candidates will be able to appear for the examination and the selection process as well. The examination will be an offline examination, due to which it will be a paper based examination i.e it will be a written exam. The exam is conducted on annual basis by the concerned authorities of East Coast Railway.
Candidates from all over india are eligible to participate for the examination process as well as for its selection process, whereas Non-Indian candidates will not be able to apply/appear for the same. Once the candidates will be able to apply successfully they will be able to know regarding their examination centre and other details related to the same. The candidates are requested to go through the eligibility criteria before applying, if any of the candidates are found to be ineligible or they are not able to satisfy the eligibility criteria then their candidature might get cancelled. The candidates will need to apply on time so as to receive their hall ticket/ admit card before the date of the examination. Candidates will also need to keep a check on the information being furnished by them in the application form. Candidates will be able to appear for the examination once applied successfully, whereas the selection of the candidate will be purely based on their performance in the examination itself. Selection of the candidates will be purely a merit based process on the basis of which, the candidates will be selected for the further recruitment process. To know more regarding the East coast Railway recruitment for the cultural quota, candidates can refer to the information as provided below.
RRC ECOR 2018
The candidates appearing for the examination and the selection process will need to go through the guidelines as provided by the official authorities. The candidates will need to follow the guidelines so that they are able to satisfy the requirement criteria. Candidates belonging to India only will be able to apply for the examination whereas the candidates will also need to keep a check on all the information furnished by them throughout the selection process. To know more regarding the important dates and events the candidates can refer to the table provided below.
|RRC ECOR Important Events||Important Dates|
|Date of Issue||25 Aug 2018|
|Closing Date for Issue||24 Sep 2018|
|Closing Date for Issue(Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep)||09 Oct 2018|
|Closing time for Issue||18:00 Hrs|
Candidates who will be applying for Recruitment against Cultural quota Vacancies are advised to read the eligibility carefully. The Eligibility norms for the Vacancies have been provided below
- The candidate should be in possession of degree/diploma/certificate in Keyboard/Violin/Harmonium/Guitar from Government recognized Institute.
- 12th or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks aggregate. NTPC Category should have 50% aggregate.
- 50% in aggregate will not be required for candidates having qualification higher than HSC or SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman.
- Candidates who also have ITI Certificate can also apply, they will be posted as Tech-III.
- The Age Limit for the Candidates, as on January 01, 2019 will be as follows
- For Unreserved Category- 18 to 30 years
- For OBC- 18 to 33 years
- For SC/ST- 18 to 35 years
The Application Form for Recruitment against Cultural quota Vacancies is available. Candidates who are willing to apply, can fill the forms, as the last date to apply is September 24, 2018. Applicants are invited for Cultural Quota Vacancies in Group-C posts. The address to send the application form is Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), 2nd floor, south Block, Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha-751017.
The Application Fee for SC/ST, Ex-Serviceman, person with disabilities, women, minorities and Economic Backward classes(whose income is less than Rs 50,000 annually) is Rs 250, and the amount will be returned to those who will appear in the written examination. All other Candidates who do not come under the above categories, have to pay Rs 500 as application fee (the refunded amount at the time of written exam will be Rs 400). Candidates should submit the exact amount in form of Demand Draft / Pay Order from any Nationalized Bank or crossed Indian Postal Order from any Post Office drawn in favour of “Principal Financial Adviser, East Coast Railway, payable at Bhubaneswar”.
How to Apply
- The application form along with the notification (including all the instructions) is available on the official website of East Coast Railway.
- Candidates should note that the application form has to be made on A4 size paper and it has to be on one side only.
- The application should be filled in Hindi/English in the candidates own handwriting using Black/Blue ball pen.
- The application form should be affixed with one recent passport size photograph (4cmX5cm). The photograph should be pasted on the form, and not pinned or stapled.
- The candidate should also attach another photograph with his name, date of birth and signature written on its backside.
- Candidates need to give two left thumb impressions in the application form. Application can be rejected if the impressions are not clear and are smudged.
- On the top of the envelope, the applicant should write as follows “Application against Cultural Quota Recruitment for the year 2018-19”.
- Candidate who is working as a government employee, has to submit a “Declaration”, and NOC from there employer during the time of document verification.
- The self attested xerox copies of all the certificates has to be enclosed with the application.
- All the 24 columns in the application form has to be filled.
There will be a written test consisting of 50 objective type questions carrying 50 marks. The questions will be based on general knowledge, Arithmetic and Reasoning. There will be negative marking in the written test for a wrong answer.