RRC Group D Selection Process 2019 – Aspirants participating in the RRC Group D 2019 must have an idea of the stages involved the recruitment process. The RRC Group D Selection Process 2019 is based on the CBT, PET and Document Verification. The final appointment takes place after passing the medical exam at the railway hospitals. The RRC Group D recruitment 2019 is open for 103769 vacancies. By knowing the selection process, candidates can start with the preparation as per it. To know in detail about RRC Group D Selection Process 2019 refer to this article.
RRC Group D Selection Process 2019
All the three stages under RRC Group D 2019 is for all the posts. The computer-based test is a screening test. The questions in this round are asked as per the educational standards for the post applied. Check the important dates of the RRC Group D Selection Process 2019 by referring to the table below.
|RRC Group D Selection Process 2019||Dates|
|CBT Dates||Sep-Oct 2019|
|Result Declaration for CBT 1||To Be Announced!!|
|Skill Test / Translation Test dates||To Be Announced!!|
|Release of final merit list||To Be Announced!!|
|Commencement of Document Verification||To Be Announced!!|
Phases of Recruitment in RRC Group D 2019
The shortlisting of the candidates takes place on the basis of three stages. It is crucial for the students to know all the stages as he or she can start their preparation as per it. The number of vacancies for Level 1 is 103769 which is huge in number. In the first stage which is the computer-based test, the aptitude of the candidates’ is assessed. Candidate clearing the CBT round is eligible for the Physical Test followed by the document verification. To know the stages of the RRC group D 2019, refer to the details below.
RRC Group D Computer Based Test (CBT) 2019
This is the first stage of RRC Group D recruitment. It is advisable that candidates must be familiar with the exam pattern to start their preparation as per it. Check the details given below to know about the CBT.
Number of Questions – In the CBT, there are going to be 100 objective type questions.
Duration of the Exam – Candidates will get 90 minutes for the CBT. PwD category candidates are going to get 120 minutes (2 hours).
Subjects – The questions in the exam are going to be pertaining to:
- Reasoning and General Intelligence,
- General Science, and
- General Awareness and Current Affairs.
Marking Scheme – Each question carries one marks. For every incorrect answer, 1/3 marks are deduced from the total score.
Check the table below to know the number of questions which will be asked from each subject in the CBT.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20|
RRC Group D Cut-off Marks 2019 for CBT
To be eligible for the physical test, candidates need to secure the minimum qualifying marks in the computer-based test. Here in the table, the cut-off percentage is given category-wise. Students can refer to the table below.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage|
|UR and EWS||40%|
|OBC / SC||30%|
Candidates belonging to PwD category are eligible for the relaxation of 2% in the marks.
RRC Group D Physical Efficiency Test 2019
Applicants who clear the CBT are going to be eligible for the physical test. In this round, candidates need to perform physical activities such as running, long jump and high jump. The number of candidates shortlisted for the PET is three times the number of vacancies.
Check the table below to know the tasks which need to be performed in the Physical Efficiency Test.
|Weight Lifting||Lift 35 Kg of weight for 100 Meters||Lift 20 Kg of weight for 100 Meters|
|Running||1000 meters in 4 Min and 15 Sec||1000 meters in 5 Min and 40 Sec|
The weight lifting is to be done without putting the weight down in which he or she has to lift a sandbag around the waist till the endpoint. The candidates are going to get 2 minutes for lifting the weight. Both tasks need to be completed in a single attempt.
RRC Group D Document Verification (DV) 2019
Students clearing the above 2 stages are eligible for the document verification in which he or she needs to carry the original as well as two sets of self-attested photocopies of the documents. There is also a tie resolving criteria in case 2 or more candidates obtain equal marks. The tie is resolved on the basis of date of birth. Candidates of older age are given preference over the younger one.
Aspirants need to produce the documents in either English or Hindi. If the documents are in some other language then one must present the self-attested translated version of the same on the day of document verification. Check the list of documents given below which candidates need to carry for the DV round.
- Class 10 Marksheet
- NCVT (NTC / NAC) / SCVT Certificates
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate
- Income Certificate for Waiving Exam Fee.
- Original Discharge Certificate.
- Photocopy of Aadhaar Card (Both the Sides).
- Medical Certificate (If applicable)
- Self Declaration By Ex-serviceman
- NOC from Serving Employees.
- NOC from Serving Defence Personnel.
- Minority Community Declaration on Non-judicial Stamp Paper. (If applicable)
- Name Change Gazette Notification and or Legal Documents.
- Receipt of Payment.
- Self Certification by Transgender Candidates.
- J&K Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
- Decree of Divorce / Judicial Separation from Court of Law.
- Spouse’s Death Certificate (In Case of Widow).
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who secure civil employment after applying for this CEN should give self-declaration to the concerned employer about the details of application against this CEN, as soon as they join.
Medical Test for RRC Group D 2019
For the final appointment, candidates need to pass the medical exam. Candidates passing the document verification are eligible for the medical test at the railway hospitals which checks that the candidate is eligible to carry out the duties for the post or not. Visual Acuity is an important medical standard to get an appointment in the railway staff. Candidates can check all the medical exam standards for the post under RRC Group D 2019.
RRC Group D Medical Standards
- A2: Physically fit in all aspects, Visual standards – Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/9 without specs (No fogging test). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 without glasses must pass the tests of colored vision, binocular vision, mesopic vision, and night vision.
- A3: Physically fit in all aspects, Visual standards – Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/9 without specs (Lens POwer not more than 2D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses must pass the tests of colored vision, binocular vision, mesopic vision, and night vision.
- B1: Physically fit in all aspects, Visual standards – Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without specs (Power of the lenses should not be more than 4D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses while reading doing some close work and must clear the tests of colored vision, binocular vision, mesopic vision, and night vision.
- B2: Physically fit in all aspects, Visual standards – Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without specs (Power of the lenses should not be more than 4D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses while reading doing some close work and must clear the tests of binocular vision.
- C1: Physically fit in all aspects, Visual standards – Distance Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses while reading or doing some close work.
- C2: Physically fit in all aspects, Visual standards – Distance Vision: 6/12 or Nil with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6 combined with or without glasses while reading or doing some close work.