SBI Clerk Preparation 2020 – State Bank of India (SBI) has released the notification for the recruitment of SBI Clerk 2020. Prliminary and main examination are conducted in online mode (computer based test). This year, SBI has allotted sectional timings to attempt each section of the prelims and main examination. In prelims and main exam, there is negative marking in SBI Clerk 2020 of 1/4 mark of each question. Practice daily to mark more correct answers. Read the article to get some tips for SBI Clerk preparation 2020.
SBI Clerk Preparation 2020
The syllabus for SBI Clerk 2020 prelims and main is given here. The level of questions increases with each stage. As the syllabus is not released officially yet, get a tentative syllabus for SBI Clerk 2020 below.
Preliminary examination – Pre-exam includes 3 sections which are:
- English language
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning Ability
Main Examination – This test includes 4 sections namely:
- Reasoning ability and computer aptitude
- Quantitative aptitude
- General English
- General/ financial awareness
Click here to get details SBI Clerk syllabus 2020
SBI Clerk 2020 Preparation Tips
SBI Clerk examination is not that easy to crack. Candidates need proper strategy and preparation tips to crack examination in first attempt.
- Clear basics: Do not jump directly to the tricks to solve questions. Clear out the basic concepts to attempt questions. In the beginning, it may take some time to solve questions. With time and regular practise, aspirants will get hands-on solving questions with formulas.
- Daily Practise: Practising daily has a lot of benefits for SBI clerk 2020 preparation. It helps bank aspirants to build speed and accuracy in solving questions.
- Take speed and mock test: Take a mock test daily and analyze performance. Mark the weak and strong points of your preparation. Prepare a strategy to cover up weak sections.
- One topic a day: Study one topic from each subject in a day. Pick up one topic from each subject and practise questions. Candidates have 24 hours in hands to practise. Keep practising!
Section-wise Preparation Tips For SBI Clerk 2020
Refer to the sectional preparation tips provided below to strengthen each section of SBI Clerk 2020 syllabus.
Trickiest section of the syllabus is the reasoning section. Try solving easy sections from the syllabus like group questions from inequality, syllogism, etc. Gradually practise puzzles and seating arrangement questions. Make the concepts clear and increase speed in solving puzzles daily.
For some aspirants, the major concern of this section can be grammar. Remember, this is a language test. To strengthen the English language, read and write. Read newspapers, novels, to build vocabulary and clear grammatical concepts.
Candidates are adivsed to clear out the basic concepts of different topics. With less time in hand to solve questions, it is noticed that aspirants tend to forget tricks. Try to remember and practise with basic formulas. Enhance mathematical skills by extensively practising online tests and quizzes.
Clear all the basic terms and concepts about computer and its operating systems.
Candidates are tested basis on their knowledge about current affairs, some important banking terms and Indian banking and financial policies. As the syllabus for general awareness is vast, try making short notes and revise it on daily basis. Studying current affairs weekly/monthly can be little hectic. So, read newspapers and other sources on a daily basis.
SBI Clerk Topper’s Success Story
Garima Mishra in her recent interview, tells about her success story of qualifying SBI Clerk.
- Garima Mishra suggests that candidates must keep a balance between online study and self-study. This can only be done with the help of a time table and strictly following it.
- She adds to this that, taking speed test on a regular basis surely helps in better preparation. After taking the test, try to analyze the paper. Clear out the doubts of the weak sections.
- Before getting into mock and speed tests, clear out the basic concepts. She suggests that aspirant must prepare by clearing out the basic concepts.
- Make notes of whatever aspirants study. Before exams, notes help to revise quickly.
- Study current affairs daily. Garima avoided the idea of reading weekly/monthly current affairs.
- For the examination, know which section is time-consuming and which section to attempt later. The aim is not to attempt all sections but attempt correct questions.
- To build vocabulary, Garima read newspapers namely Indian Express. She noted difficult words and revised them before examination.
Garima adds that different candidates have diffrent mental capabilities. Each candidate should have his/her own startegy for the examination.
Important Books for SBI Clerk 2020
Start the preparation for SBI Clerk 2020 with the help of books provided here.
|Books name||Buy here|
|Magical Guide for Quicker Maths – M. Tyra||Click here|
|A new approach to reasoning verbal |
and non-verbal – Arihant publication
|English for general competition volume – I||Click here|
|English for general competition volume – II||Click here|
|Banking Awareness for SBI and IBPS bank clerk|
|Topic-wise solved papers for IBPS/ SBI Bank PO/|
clerk prelim and main quantitative aptitude