SBI PO GD PI Preparation
Group Discussion is for 20 marks.
Interview is for 30 marks.
SBI PO GD PI Preparation – The candidates have to go through the GD and PI rounds after they have qualified the mains exam. There are the most crucial rounds for selection as one wrong answer or one failing point and your complete preparation and success till that point will vanish into thin air.
Here, we have compiled some tips and tricks which will be handy for all the exam takers and reduce their stress as well as nervousness for the GD and PI rounds.
GD – What is it all about?
See, GD is one of the main rounds in the majority of the entrance exams and is not an elimination round in the SBI PO Exam. This means that the candidates will not be rejected for the PI round on the basis of GD. However, this doesn’t mean that your performance in it doesn’t matter.
GD involves people expressing their individual views as well as discussing the other relevant views in a civil manner. It is not a debate and is not an extempore. Every candidate gets an opportunity to speak his or her mind on the topic and then interact with the other candidates for an allotted time.
Yelling, quarrelling, getting angry and losing words will only make your score less and bring your performance down.
SBI PO GD PI Preparation – How to prepare for GD?
- Be well read.
- Being not only informed, but well informed will make it easy for you to speak up your mind amongst the people who are experts (panel) and the people who are going to compete with you (other candidates).
- Follow the newspapers, read news related to India’s advancements, any new political or economical happening, any fiscal change that has been brought about by the Indian Government and has a direct influence on the banking sector.
- The topic allotted for GD need not be related to banking. It can be any random topic such as India lagging behind in sports, Should voting be made compulsory etc.
- But your interview will surely comprise of some questions related to banking and economy.
- A good vocabulary will take you to new heights. You will not find yourself short of words while trying to express your views regarding the topic.
Beginning is not NECESSARY
- It is not necessary that you begin the GD but it is very important that you are an active part of it.
- Sometimes, candidates don’t know what to say on a topic and feel lost. In that situation, try to gather the thoughts from the other speakers.
- Being a good and observant listener can lend you some points to talk about.
Going through the journals and editorials in the newspaper section (related to banking) will be very helpful as they will bring those points to your attentions which have passed the brains of the experts and analysts.
SBI PO GD PI Preparation – Interview Preparation
Interview will be the next and final part in the selection process and will be done by the same panel (generally) as the one in the GD.
The type of questions will be varying from the personal introduction, hobbies, academics, GD topic, and the ones related with the banking sector.
SBI PO Interview Preparation can be made easy with the following steps:
Mock Interview Sessions:
- Taking some mock interview sessions among your friends will help the whole group.
- You can also take help from a senior or teacher you know and make him your panel expert.
- Speaking on some topics (any random) in front of mirror daily will boost your confidence.
- When asked about your hobbies, one should not lie and say something smart and fancy. You can get questioned on it and if you are unable to answer it, it will form a bad impression.
- Be humble about your knowledge and its limits:
- Saying “I am sorry I don’t know anything about that” will be better than forming some wrong answer.
SBI PO GD PI Preparation – Learn how to prepare for your GD and PI rounds in SBI PO exam. Find all the tips and tricks for SBI PO GD PI Preparation here.