SBI PO Mains Preparation
SBI PO exam has gained a lot of audience in the recent past thereby increasing the level of competition at every exam level. Every exam has more exam takers than the previous one and thus, the competition becomes higher still. To help all the exam aspirants towards a better SBI PO Mains Preparation which is targeted towards clearing the exam, we have hosted some really helpful tips.
SBI PO Mains Preparation – Pattern of the exam
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
Once the candidates have passed the Prelims exam, they will be required to take the Mains Exam. After the Main exam, the qualified candidates will be called for the GD and PI Rounds. The main exam will have questions on the following topics:
- Data Analysis & Interpretation – 35 questions, 60 marks, 45 minutes
- General / Economy / Banking Awareness – 40 questions, 40 marks, 35 minutes
- English Language – 35 questions, 40 marks, 40 minutes
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude – 45 questions, 60 marks, 60 minutes.
Overall there are 155 questions worth 200 marks, to be answered in 3 hours.
SBI PO Mains Preparation Tips
The tips for preparing for each section will be followed by some tips from toppers and books which are suggested for exam preparation.
English Language – Vocabulary, Grammar and Comprehension
- Though generally English language is one section in almost all the jobs related exams, the level, the types of questions, the stressed topics, vocabulary type and the basic structure of the paper differs.
- The candidates should know that they cannot rely on the prelims for the SBI PO Mains Preparation for English section.
- The questions are going to be more challenging and the type of questions asked in the exam will also be different.
- To prepare for the Vocabulary the candidates can make their own FLASH CARDS on which they write the words with the meanings and phrases to depict the usage.
- Revising these flash cards the first thing in the morning study session or while on the go (coaching classes, office, any other place) will make learning a bit easier. Give them a look while going to bed and you don’t need to learn the vocabulary books for the exam.
- Another effort will be to read the online journals on financing, banking, news on business, finance and banking sector. This will make the SBI PO Mains Preparation better. As these articles and news will have words which are specific to the recruitment and will be a help for the final rounds of GD and Interview.
- To prepare the Grammar, needless to say, you should refer to some of the established names such as Wren & Martin, TMH publications’ books for the high school grammar. They are full of comprehensive exercises which will prepare the candidates for the exam.
- Comprehension can be practiced in the online mock tests.
General Awareness, Marketing & Awareness
- As suggested in the previous section, the articles and news on Business, Banking and Economy will prove helpful for SBI PO Mains Preparation for this section too .
- The candidates should note that though the section name is General Awareness, the higher probability is for the questions based on the general knowledge which is relevant to the banking and economy.
- It is very important that the candidates are well versed with the latest trends in banking, economy and market as the knowledge will prove helpful for clearing so many rounds.
- Reading the newspapers, following forums, joining online discussions, installing apps and customizing the news briefing on your smart phone will make the learning less mundane.
Data Analysis and Interpretation
- The data analysis and Interpretation section will have questions related to charts, graphs etc and it is important that the SBI PO Mains Preparation for this section is done as per the level of the exam.
- The coaching practice material and aptitude test books will come handy for this section.
- Candidates should obtain the previous year papers and analyze the level of hardness, the types of questions asked and the sections of the syllabus which are the most stressed.
- Data Analysis is something which requires constant revision and good practice to be perfected. Hence, solving 2-3 good problems daily (each type-) will be enough for the SBI PO Mains Preparation.
‘To reason with propriety is the only reason we are here’ is said by none, but sounds good (just for laughs).
- See, the performance in the reasoning section will be largely dependent on the IQ level of the candidate but there is nothing in the world that is unattainable for a devoted and determined mind.
- Hence, refer to the previous year papers and you will be able to sort the topics on which the questions are generally asked. Practicing the reasoning section from a good aptitude book will also be enough.
Toppers Say that
- Following too many a sources will only make you lose focus.
- Preparation should be done keeping the quality in mind and not quantity.
- Don’t get depressed by the peer pressure; instead get, motivated.
- Make a routine which can be followed and follow it religiously.
Books recommended for SBI PO Mains
|Comprehensive Guide to SBI Bank PO Preliminary & Main Exam||Buy online|
|SBI PO Phase – 2 Main Exam Self Study Guide-Cum Practice Work Book||Buy online|
|SBI PO Phase-II : Main Examination Guide||Buy online|
|SBI PO Examination Study Guide by Experts Compilation||Buy online|
|Target SBI Bank Preliminary & Main PO Exam 20 Practice Sets Workbook||Buy online|