|Graduate Management Admission Test||Apply Now on Official GMAT Exam Website|
|Bennett University MBA Admission 2018||Enquire Now!|
|MAT 2017 (December)||Get All Details Here|
SBI PO Prelims Preparation
SBI PO Prelims is the Entry Level Exam for the recruitment of the Probationary Officer that is conducted by the State Bank of India. According to the Changed Pattern of the exam, the Prelims exam is conducted before the Mains exam and the Candidates who will qualify the Prelims exam will only be eligible for the Mains exam.
Every Year, a large number of the Candidates appear in the entrance exam for the recruitment of Probationary Officer in the State Bank of India. After qualifying all the three phases of the exam, Candidates can get the entry into the Junior Management level Post. Due to the Pattern Update of the exam, Candidates needs to do the better preparation for the exam. For the Preparation purpose of the Candidates, we have hosted the Exam Pattern and Importance tips in the below post that will help the Candidates in cracking the exam.
SBI PO Prelims Preparation – Prelims Exam Pattern
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online.
Before Starting the Preparation for the Prelims exam, candidates should check the Exam Pattern in order to understand the structure of the exam. The Exam Pattern available here is prepared and released by the State Bank of India for the Candidates who want to appear in the exam. The detail of the Exam Pattern is as follows:
- There will be 3 sections in the exam i.e. English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability.
- Both the Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability sections will have 35 Multiple Objective type questions having 35 marks in the exam and the English language section will have 30 Multiple Objective type questions with 30 marks.
- The Marking Scheme of the exam will be +1 for correct answer and one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
- There will be total 100 questions in the exam.
- The Total duration to solve the question paper will be 1 hour.
- The Mode of the exam will be Online.
SBI PO Prelims Preparation – Preparation Tips
As the Prelims exam of the SBI PO will be the entry level exam so the Management of the Time will be very crucial in this exam.
- Candidates should start the Preparation of SBI PO Prelims after checking the Exam Pattern available here and preparing a schedule to study.
- During the Preparation, Candidates should equally distribute the time on each section and try to find out their strong and weaker sections.
- During the exam, Candidates should not waste their time in solving the difficult sections first, they need to find the easier sections and question which they can solve in much lesser time.
- After completing the preparation, Candidates should check their level of preparation with the help of the Sample Papers and Online Mock Tests.
- As the exam duration is of 60 minutes to solve the 100 questions so the intense focus of the Candidates is necessary while solving the exam.
- Candidates should make their own notes as it will help them in their revision in the last days of the preparation.
- Candidates should do not waste their time in re-writing on the rough sheets as it do not make any sense after the exam.
- Continues Practices and Time Management both are the key to crack the exam successfully so keep on practicing until the exam gets over.
SBI PO Prelims Preparation –Important Chapters of Quantitative Aptitude
The Quantitative Aptitude section is focused on the Mathematical Calculations so the Candidates should start their preparation from the Basic Formulas. The Important Chapter of this section from the exam point of view will be:
- Profit & Loss
- Number System
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time & Work
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time & Distance
- Data Interpretation
SBI PO Prelims Preparation –Important Chapters of Reasoning Ability
The Reasoning Ability section is the test of the Candidate’s Mental and Problem solving skills. Before solving any question from this section, Candidates must understand it first. The Important Chapters of Reasoning Ability section is as follows:
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding – Decoding
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relation
- Series Problem
SBI PO Prelims Preparation – Important Chapters of English Language
The English Language section in the SBI PO exams is more difficult than the other competitive exams. This section is provided to take the test of the Candidates’ Learning and remembering ability.
The Important Chapters of English Language section is as follows:
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Correction
- Para Jumbles
- Synonyms & Antonyms
Books recommended for SBI PO
|SBI : Probationary Officers-Previous Years Papers (Solved): PO Previous Papers (Solved)||Buy online|
|15 Practice Sets for SBI PO Preliminary Exam||Buy online|
|101 Speed Tests for IBPS & SBI Bank PO Exam||Buy online|
|SBI PO Phase-1, Preliminary Examination Study Guide||Buy online|
|SBI PO Phase – 1 Preliminary Exam Superfast Practice Sets||Buy online|
|SBI & IBPS Bank PO Solved Papers||Buy online|