Sikkim Public Service Commission will conduct the Written Examination for the recruitment of SPSC Under Secretary 2017 to filling up of 12 (twelve) posts in the junior grade of Sikkim State Civil Service as Under Secretary and equivalent on temporary regular basis in PB-2 of Rs. 9300-34800 plus grade pay of Rs. 5000/- under Government of Sikkim, through Direct Recruitment.
Candidates are requested to read all the instruction carefully before filling the Application form. Candidates have to ensure their eligibility before filling the Application form. Candidates are advised must read the complete information of SPSC Under Secretary 2017 Recruitment like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process and other information through this page below.
Latest – Result of SPSC Under Secretary Preliminary Exam 2017 has been announced. Main Exam Date has also been announced.
|Admit Card||Click Here|
SPSC Under Secretary 2017 Recruitment
Total No. of posts – 12
- UR – 02
- BL – 01
- BL(W) – 01
- OBC – CL – 02
- OBC – SL – 01
- OBC – SL(W) – 01
- ST – 02
- SC – 01
- PT – 01
Age Limit – Between 21 years to 30 years
Educational Qualification – Graduate Degree from a recognized University.
Selection Process – Selection will be made on the basis of written examination (Prelims & Main) followed by Personal Interview.
Application Fee – Rs. 150/-
How to Apply – Application form can be downloaded form the official website and have to pay the application fee to complete the process.
|Last date of Submission of Application Form||02 Mar 2017|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||09 Apr 2017|
|Declaration of Prelims Exam Result||01 May 2017|
|Submission of required documents for scrutiny||22 May to 29 May 2017|
|Date of Main Examination||16 Jul 2017|
SPSC Under Secretary 2017 Recruitment – Submission of required documents for scrutiny
The selected candidates of Prelims Exam shall submit their documents for scrutiny in order to fill up a Preference Form for their optional subjects
Submission of required documents for scrutiny in order to fill up the preference form for opting any two optional subjects. The candidates are also directed to see SPSC website for dates of submission / filling up of Preference Form as per their Roll Nos.
SPSC Under Secretary 2017 Recruitment – Application Form for Prelims Exam
Application form and syllabus (Preliminary Examination) can be downloaded from www.spscskm.gov.in and submitted in the office of the Sikkim Public Service Commission on any working day between 10:30 am to 03:30 pm along with original Bank Receipt of State Bank of Sikkim, for Rs. 150/- credited to ‘0051-SPSC’. The amount once deposited shall not be refunded or adjusted against any other purpose.
Application Process is over now.
Get SPSC Under Secretary 2017 Application Form – Click Here to fill & download the Application Form of SPSC Under Secretary 2017 Recruitment.
Candidates applying under the differently abled category are exempted for the examination application fee of Rs. 150/- in terms of O.M. No: 1632/GEN/DOP dt: 27/02/2008.
The complete filled in application form should reach the Secretary, Sikkim Public Service Commission, Old Tourism Office, M. G. Marg, Gangtok by hand or by post on or before 03.00 pm. on 02/03/2017.
No application submitted after 03.00 pm. on 02/03/2017 will be accepted. SPSC will not be responsible for late receipt of application due to postal delay or otherwise.
One stamp size photograph should be affixed in the space provided on the application form.
Before filling the application form, candidate should go through the advertisement and accordingly they should fill the forms. Those claiming reservation should categorically specify the categories to which he/she belongs in the box provided in the application form.
- Graduate Degree from a recognized University.
- In accordance with Notification No: 44/GEN/DOP dt: 27.10.2015 candidates who are in the final/semester of the prescribed course shall be accepted provided such candidates have cleared all the previous semesters at the time of submission of applications and subject to submission of the final year results on or before the date specified by the Sikkim Public Service Commission before interview. Nonsubmission of the proof of essential educational qualification by prescribed date shall make the application of such candidates liable to be rejected without assigning any reason thereof.
- Candidate must be in possession of either Sikkim Subject Certificate or Identification Certificate issued by the competent authority under relevant orders of the State Government.
- Should have knowledge of any of the State Languages viz Nepali/Sikkimese/Bhutia/Lepcha/Limboo.
- Should have valid Local Employment Card.
- Should be conversant with the customs and usages of Sikkim.
Age Limit – Should have attained the age of 21 years, but should not have exceeded 30 years as on 01.01.2017.
SPSC Under Secretary 2017 Recruitment – Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Preliminary Examination Pattern
This test is intended to assess the aptitude of examinees in solving the ‘Reasoning and Analytical’ questions. The preliminary examination is meant for screening the candidate and the marks obtained by a candidate in the prelims who qualifies to the mains exam will not be taken in account to determine their final merit. It consists of two papers of General Studies based on objective / multiple choice questions. It is mandatory for the examinees to appear in both the papers of Civil Service (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. The examinee will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Service (Prelim) Examination.
|I||General Studies – I||200 marks||2 hours|
|II||General Studies – II||200 marks|
General Studies Paper I
- Current events of national, international, and local importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation
- General Science
General Studies Paper II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy and Data interpretation (Class X level)
Note: In both the Prelims Paper I and Paper II, for each wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 1/3rd of the allotted marks of that question. Whatever marks obtained in this exam will not be counted for the final ranking.
The guidelines and syllabus for the Mains Examination shall be notified at a later stage.
SPSC Under Secretary 2017 Recruitment – Selection Process
All the candidates who have appeared in the recruitment process of SPSC Under Secretary 2017 have to go through the below mention stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personal Interview
After the application process has been done, admit card will be issued to appear in the Prelims Examination. Qualified candidates in the prelims examination will be eligible to appear in the Main Examination.
Shortlisted candidates in the Main Examination will be called for Personal Interview after the successful conduction of main examination.SPSC Recruitment