SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination to recruit eligible candidates to various government departments and ministries. The SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus is available on the official website of SSC, ssc.nic.in. The SSC CGL is conducted in 4 phases: Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 & Tier 4. Tier 1 & 2 are Computer-Based Tests (CBT) whereas Tier 3 & 4 are offline tests. Candidates who qualify all the tiers are selected to be recruited for the reputed posts. The questions asked in SSC CGL Tier 2 are from Statistics, General Studies, English Language & Comprehension and Quantitative Ability. Candidates are required to focus on these areas as it will help them to crack the following exam. To know more about SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus, Marking Scheme, Pattern, Best Books, candidates can rely on this article.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022
Here are the units and topics which are most commonly asked in the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam. With the help of these candidates can best prepare themselves for the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam.
The SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022 follows as:
|English Language & Comprehension||Phrases and Idioms, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Active-Passive Voice, Synonyms-Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, Cloze Test, etc.|
|Quantitative Ability||Geometry, Mensuration, Ratio and Proportion, Algebra, Simplification, Data Interpretation, Percentage, Simple & Compound Interest, etc.|
|General Studies||Basic Concepts of Accounting, Fundamental Principles, Finance, Accounting, Self-Balancing Ledger, Theory of Demand and Supply, etc.|
|Statistics||A measure of Central Tendency, Measure of Dispersion, Random Variables, Analysis and Variance, Collection and Representation of Data, etc.|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
A pattern of examination helps candidates to prepare accordingly and lessens the burden. Here we have provided the summary of SSC CGL Tier 2 Pattern 20221, through which candidates can have a better understanding of the duration of the exam, paper type and many other aspects. The SSC CGL Tier 2 consists of four Papers:
- Mode of examination: Online Examination
- Duration of examination: 02 hours for each paper
- Type of questions: Objective type questions
- Number of questions: 400 questions
- Marking Scheme:
- For Paper 2, +1 mark for the correct answer and -0.25 marks for incorrect answer.
- For Paper 1, 3, and 4, +2 marks are given for correct answer and 0.5 marks deducted for incorrect answer.
- Distribution of questions
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Paper I – Qualitative Ability||100||200|
|Paper II – Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper III – Statistics (For Statistical Investigator Post)||100||200|
|Paper IV – Finance & Accounts and |
Economics & Governance
(For Assistant Audit Officer in C & AG)
Preparation Tips for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam
SSC CGL Tier 2 is a highly competitive examination for the overall available 7035 vacancies. And more than 30 lakhs candidates apply for this reputed government examination. Hence, candidates are required to follow up the syllabus and practice every day to qualify for this exam. Here are a few preparation tips to aid their preparation for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam.
- Begin with initials: Mugging up the whole syllabus at once is next to impossible. Candidates must begin with studying and understanding the pattern. Often starting with basic work up to fuel your preparation.
- Make a time-table: The first thing candidates should do to commence their preparation is by preparing a time table. Candidates must mark up the time slots to study each unit asked on paper.
- Point out your weaknesses: After which candidates must ensure what they are good at and what are their weaknesses. Candidates who feel they are lagging behind in any particular unit must give a good amount of time to prepare for that unit.
- Practice previous year papers: Once the candidates have completed a particular unit/subject they should refer to the previous year papers. This will benefit the candidates to know which unit/subject is asked the most in the examination. Also which unit/subject requires extra attention.
- Mark your time: While candidates are solving a question paper it is necessarily important to mark the time duration taken to complete the paper. This technique will have the candidates manage their time so that they are able to complete the whole paper in the final exam.
- Challenge yourselves with new questions: Candidates’ preparation shouldn’t be restricted to only previous papers and particular books. They should explore as many brain-tricking questions as possible and try to solve them.
Suggested Books for SSC CGL Tier 2
We believe that the authentic books for SSC CGL Tier 2 help maximum candidates to crack the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam. It is a crucial stage of examination and should be taken very seriously if candidates wish to ace the examination. Therefore, here are the books:
|Book Title||Check Price|
|SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier 2 Mains Exam||Buy Online|
|Kiran’s SSC CGL Question Bank 48 Solved Papers Of Previous Year Exams||Buy Online|
|40 Sets SSC Graduate Level Exams Solved Papers (SSC CGL TIER I & II,SSC CPO SI PAPER I & II)||Buy Online|
|Kiran’S SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Exams Question Bank |
(49 Solved Papers Of Previous Year Exams) – Hindi
|Ultimate Guide to SSC Combined Graduate Level||Buy Online|
|30 Practice Sets SSC Combined Graduate Level Pre. Examination||Buy Online|
About SSC CGL
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination to recruit candidates for various departments and ministries under the Indian Government. This exam is conducted for most reputed government posts such as the Ministry of Railway, Intelligence Bureau, Income Tax Inspector, Central Secretariat, etc. The exam is highly competitive and the most qualified candidates will be selected. The exam is conducted in 4 tiers: Tier 1 & Tier 2 will be CBT. Tier 3 & 4 will be a Pen and Paper Based Test.
Ans: The SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam 2022 will be conducted as an online Computer Based Test (CBT).
Ans: Yes, there is negative marking in SSC CGL Tier 2 paper. All the other papers (Quantitative Ability, General Studies, Statistics) have negative marking of -0.50 marks. While English Language & Comprehension has negative marking of -0.25.
Ans: The SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus comprises four major topics: English Language & Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, General Studies & Statistics.